Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

About a half mile from the Blazers stadium is the Kevin Duckworth memorial dock, so they can always go fishing pretty easily!

(Kevin Duckworth made the playoffs for all of his seasons as a Trailblazer)

The stadium, and the docks, are located right next to a dock used to load wheat (which I believe is owned by Julia Louis Dreyfuss), and they spill lots and lots of wheat in the Willamette, leading to easy meals for bottom dwelling sturgeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Rick posted:

Julia Louis Dreyfus owning a wheat factory is really funny to me for some reason.

What better place than the Gone Fishing thread to talk about this?

This picture shows the Rose Garden (aka Moda Center or whatever else its been branded as recently) and the older Memorial Coliseum, as well as other buildings in the complex. The docks with the ship next to it is the Louis-Dreyfuss grain elevator (William Louis-Dreyfuss died two months ago, so Julia and her sisters are now the majority stock owners). Next to that is the Steel Bridge, and right below that would be the Duckworth Memorial dock.

For all its reputation as a city whose twin industries are craft beer and handmade jewelry, Portland is still a port town, and the Blazers play in an area that still has a lot of industrial characteristics.

Rick posted:

Julia Louis Dreyfus owning a wheat factory is really funny to me for some reason.

Julia Louis Dreyfus' company owns food processing facilities and transportation facilities in six continents.

http://www.ldcom.com/global/en/about-us/locations1/

Kevin Duckworth owned a restaurant too. In some alternative world, after a defeat, Kevin Duckworth went walking down by the waterfront, and ran into Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, and they decided to combine their food service interests into a global restaurant chain.

glowing-fish fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 15, 2017

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Dexo posted:

Eh they ran into each other at a Jimmy Fallon show taping. Thats not gonna be enough for tampering. I don't think its illegal for players to talk to GMs just can't talk work stuff(officially anyway)

"So...how about that weather? Notice that weather? Ah, in LA we always have good sunny weather...must be the reason why its such a popular place...such a fun, nice, pleasant place."

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Just looked at her career stats...she seems to be a pretty incredible player.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I know that Steph Curry is considered a great shooter but not a great all-around player, but I am still surprised that the unanimous MVP who led his team to the best regular season record of all time, and who shattered the three point shooting record, is not on the first team.

Is this a reaction to the Warriors losing in the Finals, or is it just backlash against Curry in general?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
One day when I was watching basketball with my father, the one State Farm commercial where it was Chris Paul and his cousin came on, and we had seen the ad like 500 times before, but I turned to my father and said "Do you realize...both of those characters are played by Chris Paul" and my father laughed and was like "Yes"

Also, I was really really high.

That is my Chris Paul story. Name another NBA player that has provided such a moment of family togetherness.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
The Blazers players, led by Damian Lillard, divided their playoff share money among their support staff:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/damian-lillard-rallies-teammates-to-donate-bonus-playoff-money-to-trail-blazers-staff/

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
Has the mascot artist updates his pictures yet? I don't think I've seen the second round ones yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Kibner posted:

Asking here as well as in Trad Games, but does anyone know of any basketball tabletop games? I think I'm gonna try my hand at making a D&D for basketball (think 2K MyPlayer but with multiple players and probably turn-based) and want some inspiration for on-court play rules.

This sounds like a really fun idea, but I have to admit it seems way more fun as an off-court type of thing.

...of course, in general, the NBA is a lot more fun off the court.

• Locked thread