Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Hi guys. It's good to be here.

Let me be the first to say that it might not have been a good idea for the Blazers to invest 150 million dollars in Crabbe and Turner.

I am personally of the opinion that Turner is worse than Crabbe. Evan Turner is so incredibly, remarkably bad at absolutely everything. It's really impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Evan Turner has fooled people on this very forum, this very season even, into thinking he actually contributes something positive to a team.

Meyers Leonard, on the other hand, does not fool anyone at all. He is an extremely tall pile of dog poo poo.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It's actually insanely hilarious when people watch Meyers Leonard how obvious it is that he's complete dogshit.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I consider you all to be my mortal enemies HMU Vice

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Stotts' advice for Meyers Leonard this summer? Play more basketball lmao

https://twitter.com/BlazerFreeman/status/856983372270247936

this was his 5th year in the league

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
will Russ ever learn to love McNermott

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Should OKC re-sign Taj. Russ seems to like him.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
How much money do you think Dougland McDermott spends on a haircut? $12?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

Depends on how much extra a shampoo is

like look at this corny goddamnn hair. gently caress man you know it's not illegal for white people to have a fade right?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

TheShazbot posted:

I'm just glad Portland's toxic offer to Kanter was matched by OKC.

Haha yeah, imagine paying $18 million a year to someone who don't play too good.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

gently caress the bulls
gently caress paxson
gently caress forman
gently caress dwyane wade
gently caress literally every single guy on this team who isn't jimmy butler and sort of robin lopez
i would say gently caress hoiberg but it's not his fault, he didn't hire himself

thibs and naterob forever

wow gently caress Cam Payne too? harsh

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
So does anyone get hosed out of the DPE by those All-NBA selections? Gordon Hayward basically?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The NBA is super stacked right now and it makes the NFL look so dire by comparison. How many teams in the NFL don't have a good QB? Most of them? How many NFL teams have basically nothing to honestly be excited about next season unless you're a draft pick optimist? Again, probably most of them, it's really dire. There are whole divisions in the NFL that are trash fires. Contrast this to the NBA where there are probably half a dozen lottery bound teams that probably think they have a shot at the playoffs next season.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
How much do people think Andre Roberson is worth or will get. I was listening to The Starters (yeah they are idiots I know) and they thought $15 million a year was way too much, but he'd probably get it.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
is lowry alpha enough for the bulls. he doesn't seem like it, but i dunno

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm on the fence about whether the Thunder should re-sign Roberson or Taj. I like Taj a lot and think they should try to keep him depending on the price, but the guy will be 32 this summer and I think someone out there would be willing to give him a decent contract. They have his bird rights though so re-signing him might be one of the only things they can do this summer.

Andre Roberson depends on what kind of offer sheet he gets. I appreciate his defense, it was really good during the playoffs, but he also got mercilessly Hack-A'd out of playoff games and that is beyond embarrassing for a wing player. Some team is almost certainly gonna offer him at least $15 million a year I'm almost certain of it.

If they want to sign basically anyone worth anything they need to shed a bunch of salary, so "competent backup PG" is a big ask, along with "dumptruck of money" for Nick Young. Enes Kanter is the most obvious dude to try to shed cause despite his skill IMO he has shown through the past two years of playoffs that he quite literally can't be played against the best teams in the league. Grant, Abrines, McDermott and next season probably Sabonis are all guys that have and will get playoff minutes over Kanter. Maybe some team would be willing to make neutral-ish trade for him, I dunno. There are a bunch of teams with salary that might wanna try to make the playoffs or at least improve that might take him without asking for much along with it, who knows.

Even then, supposing they let Andre walk, re-sign Taj for less than his cap hold (let's say $10 million), trade Kanter and renounce Collison they will only be just under $5 million under the cap (that includes renouncing their trade exception which gets them $2.8 million I think, IDK how that works exactly). Still not really anything to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Is there somewhere on the internet that just lists NBA trades in reverse chronological order? It's hard to find something that's just trades that's nice and easy to navigate.

• Locked thread