Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Sixers wrap-up

Draft a guard
Poach the Suns doctors

Trade Okafor at the draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

MourningView posted:

I don't think he's saying he definitively should, just pointing out that there is a hard ceiling to some of these teams and asking whether or not it's something they will/should consider. It's an interesting thing to talk about as evidenced by the last however many pages of this thread and the bulk of the conversation on the NBA internet generally.

Fwiw I think being a consistent winner the routinely makes like the second round can be fun (love you, Deron/Boozer/Memo) and is generally underrated by the weird Heinke cult folks who act like there is no difference between falling short of the title and being the literal worst team in the entire sport (or that the latter is actually way more desireable because ASSETS). The NBA season is very long and there is something to be said for being able to turn on the TV for a random game in January and know that they have a good chance of winning more often than not.

I agree if the team is fun it's cool.

Hinkie worked with Philly fans because of the way the Sixers teams were built for about 25+ years. Outside of that one miracle season in 2000, the last time the Sixers won 50 games was 1989. They never really even had home court in the first round upside. 25+ years of being thoroughly mediocre will buy you the goodwill of the fanbase, but the Sixers never had a team like the Raptors this year. Not only were the teams mediocre, they weren't particularly interesting or fun.

• Locked thread