Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/860169084909912064

When you can get the guy who made illegal secret deals with Joe Smith, how can you pass it up

Jota fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Now is the time to strike with Magic in LA. See if you can get him to give up a ton of assets for DeMar.

But otherwise yeah they are in a weird position where if they re-sign Lowry and Ibaka and Tucker they will likely be in the luxury tax and locked into that area for a while, barring any trades. But on the other hand it is hard to justify blowing up a 50 win, second round team. Also it's probably a bad look to trade a rotation guy and first round pick for half a season of someone, still get swept out the second round, and then let that guy walk.

It'd make it a lot easier for Masai to do if Lowry actually does decide to walk though. Guess we'll see , since this is Lowry's last chance for a huge deal and he hasn't really made crazy money up to this point.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

EvanTH posted:

who's going to overpay Kyle Lowry

The man who brought him to Toronto

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I recall some factoid where Lowry hates Colangelo and liked Hinkie

Nor do I want to pay him the max

Neither do I but he's coming home.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
If it's a lifetime ban I hope when he dies she brings his corpse to a game weekend at Bernie's style

• Locked thread