Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I can't wait for the Mavs to make the playoffs next season with the help of draft pick, mid tier free agent, Dirk having a healthy season, continued development of Yogi, Noel, Barnes, Curry, Finney-Smith, and Brussino. It wouldn't shock me if Powell and Matthews are traded late next season to create room to resign Curry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Does this mean we can all stop pretending La La is still a celebrity?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

https://twitter.com/JustinVerrier/status/856947068836823040

Those are the towns that are interested in hosting the Pels G-League team. I'm selfishly pulling for Baton Rouge since it is closest. Would also offer higher quality basketball than LSU.

They should go with Baton Rouge. While they would have LSU sports to compete against for ticket sales, the closeness to New Orleans would be good for call ups.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

Jackson and Mobile aren't terribly far away either, iirc.

Don't subject players to living in Mississippi or Alabama.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

It happens to us all, bud.

It happens to us all.

Oh look it's those guys that scored the most points in a half ever during a playoff game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The funniest thing about McBuckets will be the rumors that his dad was trying to throw his weight around the Bulls front office.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

So what do the Clippers do this offseason?

The Melo trade.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rick posted:

Clippers should roll it all forward and hope for a Warriors injury/implosion/exhaustion and get a Mavs style title because they have spent most of their assets for the next three years already so it's not like they're going to rebuild or reload very easily anyway.

I agree with this. They should also try to sign another small forward.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

ESPN leaked the All NBA teams:

1st
Anthony Davis
LeBron
Kawhi
Westbrook
Harden

2nd
Gobert
Durant
Giannis
Wall
Curry

3rd
KAT
Draymond
Butler
DeRozan
IT2

Looks like Paul George is heading to L.A.

The only thing that sticks out to me is Durant on 2nd team over Green. (because games played) Durant still played enough of the season where it's not really an issue to me. He is the best player on the Warriors. I'd also consider Boogie over Durant because of that same reason. These are good teams. I'm glad the voters remembered Paul George didn't show up until the back half of the season.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 1, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

They should just go ahead and announce it then since the all-nba team wasn't going to be part of their lame awards show.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

At one point in time I thought he would make Canada's national team for the 2020 Olympics. Now I wonder if he would be good enough to play in the CBL during the 2020 season.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I've seen stupid people claiming CP3 is overrated and a role player. Is this as insane as I feel like it is? Now, I'll 100% grant to anyone that the "best PG" conversation is a logjam in 2017 because Russ is a beast, Harden is a wizard, Conley is really underrated, etc. and Chris is aging, but still holy poo poo at the idea of Chris Paul being a role player.

I also acknowledge his style is a bit more of a throwback, mind you.

Yes that is insane. Turns out talking about basketball outside of SAS threads is not as good as in SAS threads. (Unless it's on twitter with SAS posters) CP3 is easily one of the best players in his era.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 3, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Brandon Roy has horrible luck. His last good game was one of the coolest/craziest things I've seen an NBA player do.

Whoever did research for that story should do a little better next time. He was still in the NBA in 2012-13 attempting a comeback.
"Roy played in the NBA for six years, primarily for the Portland Trailblazers. He left the NBA in 2011 after knee injuries."

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 3, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'd like to nominate #3 in this video for one of the greatest NBA blocks of all time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYocZ-uw_fo

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

His playoff stats are roughly in line with his regular season stats

I don't get where the "Chris Paul Playoff Choker" narrative comes from

Casual fans.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wonder how different CP3's career would have been if New Orleans never left the East.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Still loses to Lebrontron every year

Maybe after he joined the Heat, not guaranteed before. LeBron didn't run the East like he does now until he joined the Heat. The real challenge for the 07-08 Hornets would have been the Celtics.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

Why on earth would Hammond or Griffin leave for Orlando

More money.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

King Zing has been unhappy with the Knicks at least since all star break. This is just damage control. Young players don't get anyday in where they get to play so him being unhappy with the team really doesn't mean much though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Fans of the Raptors, don't look.

I found this on another site and had to share

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Mavs slowly planning end of roster moves with Chinese domestic MVP, Ding Yanyuhang.
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2017/05/12/potential-chinese-signingding-jinhui-benefit-mavericks-court

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/864335378462855171

Welp. Bench is just the worst one of all time, apparently.

Wow, I knew it was bad but didn't realize it was that bad.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I remember reading that Jordan lost to Orlando Woolridge (I think) during his first or 2nd year and was so annoyed by it he bought a table and practiced until he got really good, so he probably gave Laettner a run for his money.

I asusme they mean assistant GM as I'm pretty sure Ujiri is still the GM

My favorite Jordan is competitive at everything story is the one where he got cheating at cards when playing a college teammate's grandmother. Shame.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Why do they not want to make the conference finals? sorry Fooches

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

How many times have the Clippers exited the playoffs with their core healthy?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Meanwhile, King Zing is entering villain mode.
https://twitter.com/TJDhoops/status/867824180154249216/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhoopshype.com%2Frumors%2F

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

pseudodragon posted:

How is Stackhouse thought of outside Toronto? He's talked up as a future HC a lot here and he went down to 905 rather than staying with the big team specifically to get HC experience and won a championship there.

I liked his when he was on the Mavs forever ago but don't know if he is a future hall of famer. If his coaching career goes well maybe. Stackhouse was a real tough guy that doesn't exist in the modern NBA. He would beat the poo poo out of anyone that got too physical with him. The peak was probably beating up Kirk Snyder post game in the tunnel.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Clippers are trying to poach Jerry West.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19501765/los-angeles-clippers-interested-hiring-jerry-west-away-golden-state-warriors

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/872151494312816640
Father time continues to catch up to Dirk and the Mavs might have found their new point guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I hope the Mavs don't use their team option on Dirk's deal. They should let Dirk get a huge pay day and save that money to use on Seth Curry next offseason. It's not like they will be competing for the 18 title anyway.

• Locked thread