Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Obviously I wished the Pelicans could have gone to the playoffs, but with them getting Boogie I am pretty pumped for next year. There are some big questions though such as if they will keep Demps and Gentry along with what will they pay Jrue Holiday if they keep him. I think with the trade and the team getting better, both of them will be back. I just don't know what the right price is for Jrue, I would be ok with 14-16 million a year but anything more than that I would not be thrilled with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

euphronius posted:

Jrue will be minimum like 4/90

IMHO.

I am fully expecting that, the stats just don't show him worth that especially with AD/Boogie at the same time which is what will happen in crunch time. But on the flip side, if you let him walk, then you're finding 2 starters and not just one which makes me believe they will pay whatever it takes to keep him.

They also are going to have to figure out the backup bigs. Cunningham should decline his player option as he should get more than 3.1 million. Montejunas was bad but also came in late and is a free agent. I've read Ajinca isn't happy and wants to go somewhere to play but is under contract though, I say good riddance though as it is hard to watch him "play" basketball. Asik is owed a bunch of money still and wasn't playing already but then got sick in Mexico and lost a bunch of weight. There was talk beforehand of them stretch waiving him just to lessen the cap hit. Diallo is raw and needs to put some weight on him but is good enough for a rookie.

• Locked thread