Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Finished this game last night, I can finally start following the LPs!

Can confirm: Shibuya's a really nice recreation of the real place, and I loved the feeling you got of trying to find your way around the maze of a train station. Was talking to someone else about it and he commented that it was surprising there was no destination marker or anything: it really contributes to a feeling of being lost and anxious.

Also, Maaku has no reason to complain. If I could get good Japanese curry any time I wanted, I'd be ecstatic! It'd make up for everything else.
Well, almost.
I laughed first time I saw him in that fedora though.

The plaid pants look terrible IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Arist posted:

For real. That side of the room is totally awful.

Someday I hope these two gossips notice that they're on that side of the room too. And that they fit right in.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

It better not because I already have a PC that could run it and bought a PS4 primarily for this.

I'll have to remember to comment on the cannonball-themed abuse, because I think I know what that's supposed to be.

(it's not a big deal. But there's something analogous)

Guns are a good idea but seem too limited for anything other than hitting a Gun weakness, at this point.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Arist posted:

Um… Mr. Kamoshida told me to get you.
Huh? What does he want…?

I can't find a picture online, but Shiho's expression here speaks volumes. Here eyes really widen and she's shocked - there's some real horror there, at getting asked to see to a teacher. It's dreadful.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Oh yeah, almost forgot,

Arist posted:

They show this spike from three different angles, because Kamoshida’s just that good.

The same student takes the spike right to the face.

Pretty sure this is what the cannonball torture in the Palace is meant to represent.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Rawkking posted:

As awesome as this whole update is in story quality... is there a compelling reason Kamoshida has to wait till the next board meeting to get us expelled, or is it just to give us time to destroy his palace?

Like, I'm really pumped by how well put together this game is, but if they manage to give a convincing reason for that as well this game so far would be flawless.

I guess since we've not actually assaulted him or anything he has to go through some official channels? Propose it at a meeting and have it voted on? I don't know how kids get expelled. Kamoshida's got a lot of sway but I don't think even he can do it unilaterally.

As for the update - I got a lot to say but it'd be rambling. All I can say is everything that happened was really drat effective at making me hate the bastard, and that's vital given how murky the consequences might be.

geri_khan fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 1, 2017

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

I died to Heavenly Punisher three times in a row before I realised I had a Succubus equipped that make me weak to Bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

The hashtag takes #Millennials from good to great.