Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Arist, I hope the Phantom Thieves manage to change Shido's heart before Ari can convince him to retaliate against you. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than Persona fusion. You get all the fun of sitting still, browsing menus, comparing numbers, thinking about strategy... Fusion has it all.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Here's a LONG video featuring all the Valentine's dates. They're mostly similar - "I hope you like the chocolates since I got them special for you, here's what I was doing when you were in jail, it'll suck having a long-distance relationship but we'll make it work, let's have a romantic evening together."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrNAztBTANk

And here's what happens if you romance ALL the romanceable characters and ditch them on Valentine's. I highly recommend you watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UWVxw53Gaw

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The scene also requires Sojiro to ignore you cheating on Futaba, even though he's very protective of her throughout the rest of the game. :raise:

But I still like it because of that gag with Ryuji. Sure, Ryuji, your mom's chocolate counts :3:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm now playing Persona 5 AND rewatching the dub of Madoka Magica now. Madoka happens to feature Cassandra Lee voicing a cutesy mascot with an agenda, so that's kinda weird/cool

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How many Persona 3 and onwards characters have parents that show up onscreen? I want to say Yukiko and, uh...

That's it?

Haru's dad is one of the heists; Futaba's mom shows up as a cognition in her Palace and Sojiro is her adoptive dad.

It's pretty common for kids in fiction to have parents who are dead, absent, abusive, or otherwise ineffectual. Let's face it: a decent parent would never let their kid go off on crazy adventures. Authors need to get the parents out of the picture somehow because God knows you don't want to read about kids NOT having crazy adventures!

VVVV If we're counting non-party characters, we also meet Shinya's mom and Hifumi's mom. VVV

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 24, 2019

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Congratulations, Arist! All your hard work really paid off. I hope Ari and the hacker are doing well!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Blue Labrador posted:

...excuse me?

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/485525-yiik-a-postmodern-rpg-elisa-lam-death

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm also playing through Persona 5 partly because of this playthrough; I'm in the middle of Sae's Palace. I'm having fun playing it and my SO is having fun making fun of it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Syka posted:

"As long as the character is written to be happy, it doesn't matter what kind of message that sends to the audience!"

:jerkbag:

That and "Japan is full of noble savages who don't accept decadent Western ideas like 'don't be mean to LGBT people'" and I feel like we're a couple spaces away from Bingo

If you want to play a Japanese game about the trans experience, get one night, hot springs. Then donate the money you would have spent on Catherine: Full Body to a Japanese LGBT charity like ReBit.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I do wish there could be a FemPC edition of this game, but it's true that that's too much to expect. I would happily settle for well-handled gay romances, which wouldn't take nearly as much rewriting or voice-acting and SHOULD have been in the vanilla version. But I'm not sure I could trust the dev team that wrote those travesties in Shinjuku to write compelling gay romances that don't resort to hurtful stereotypes or queerbaiting. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, though.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Arist posted:

*sigh* You're probably gonna get your wish. The poll was totally non-binding, I really just wanted an idea of where the thread's head was at for this one. The results were pretty broad even if Makoto was the out-and-out favorite, so I'll likely just show the others too. Also I realized that not only did I also really wanna see Hifumi's romance, but there's like no point to just doing one person for NG+ because I should probably show the Valentine's scene.

If you do multiple romances, please either make Futaba your main girl or don't date her at all. IMO, the one thing worse than dating your sheltered, emotionally-vulnerable sister is two-timing your sheltered, emotionally-vulnerable sister.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
When Maaku said he would give Takemi his heart, he didn't think she would take that so literally

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Lord_Magmar posted:

It’s funnier to rag on Akechi though.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Grapplejack posted:

I've seen some images floating around that imply a Sae romance is coming too.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I can't help but love Ann and Morgana's combo attack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QflU-Gf_Myk

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
When I was exploring the #persona5theroyal hashtag on YouTube, I noticed some videos from what appear to be alt-right accounts complaining that SJWs are trying to CENSOR Kasumi's thief costume because it shows off her bare legs and this would DESTROY the game's sales! :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's all bullshit: it seems like every time right-wingers claim there's a MASSIVE SJW CAMPAIGN against some media property they cite 3-4 Twitter accounts with 200 followers between them, or a tongue-in-cheek Buzzfeed article, or maybe 1 or 2 online thinkpieces discussing why the property might be pRoBlEMaTIc but not calling for censorship. But I don't want to give these chud accounts any views to confirm that. I sure as hell don't think putting some more clothes on Kasumi is going to RUIN P5R.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Supersonic Shine posted:

"I got an athletic scholarship!"
"My dad is alive and not a sweatshop overseer!"

"I'm a recurring villain in the Phoenix Ranger Featherman reboot!"
"I'm the greatest young painter in the country!"
"My sister is being really nice and encouraging me to follow my dreams!"
"My mother is alive and letting her help me with her cognitive psience research!"
"I'm a handsome man and Lady Ann agreed to get a parfait with me!"

:smith:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Arist, I promise to use my third wish to set you free from having to LP The Royal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Tenebrais posted:

I'd imagine that's less "Sojiro covering for Maaku" and more "Sojiro trying not to break Futaba's heart".

That's the only way that scene makes sense, but you'd still think Sojiro would want to impose Consequences on Maaku. Even a stern lecture would be better than just covering for him!