Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
People are being pretty hard on Sojiro, maybe it was due to having the voice acting but he always came across as totally a big softy blustering about how TOTALLY HARSH he was gonna be and IF YOU gently caress UP YOU'RE OUT oh by the way you're in charge of my sign ok buddy?

Also I found the setup of this game way more believable than the start of Persona 4, really. 'Guy gets caught up in incident and gets hosed over by a corrupt system now everyone treats him like poo poo' seemed way more realistic than 'guy moves into a new town with the nicest teenagers in the universe and everyone instantly likes him'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

Blue Labrador posted:

The style of this game is loving magnificient.

I feel like Persona dubs have a knack for picking up good, relatively unknown talent. P4 had Troy Baker as Kanji before it blew up, and I really dig Max Mittleman's line readings in this game--he has a good knack for comedy.

I think "You jelly?" and "Wassup Persona" were the lines that me decide that I loved this game's localization team.

"You jelly?" is the only correct choice there and I will brook no argument.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

geri_khan posted:

Oh yeah, almost forgot,

Pretty sure this is what the cannonball torture in the Palace is meant to represent.

Yeah that was what I thought at this point when I was playing, the dude makes high school children try to return the spike from a full grown man (an Olympic gold medallist at that) over and over again as 'training' to boost his own ego.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
Ok so I guess this confirms it doesn't happen automatically here like I thought so I guess I'll spoiler this next bit When I first fused Arsene it wasn't right now, I waited a bit and leveled him up to max. Then when I did I got the little speech he does, but when the guillotine came down it jammed right above his bagged head so Justine sawed it off with a chainsaw. At the time I thought it must be a part of fusing Arsene but I guess it was just what happens when you get an unusual fusion result. I never did see it again though, in two full playthroughs.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

GhostStalker posted:

Remember all those jokes about Persona 5: Dancing All Afternoon (because Morgana won't let you go out at night)? Well, Atlus just announced Persona 5: Dancing Star Night, alongside Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night earlier today. The milking of Persona 5 has begun. Sasuga Atlus.

Not just that, they also released a teaser for Persona Q 2. They can milk away all they want, I'll take all the Persona 5 poo poo they're gonna give me.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
I actually burst out laughing when I saw Makoto's outfit and persona, in a good way. Of course the goody-two-shoes student council president's ideal of a rebel is a loving biker.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

amigolupus posted:

To those who know more about art, were the comments Yusuke received actually valid, or are they just flapping their gums?

I dunno about the people in the game but I really like it! I'd get a big ol' print of it if they were selling one.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
Are people somehow ignoring that it's not 'the game doesn't understand mental illness' and 'tbe gang (and Futaba herself) directly went into her mind/soul to resolve her issues?

Like, are people going to start complaining 'UGH this game doesn't understand criminal psychology' because we made all these criminals regret their crimes and confess? For fucks sake.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
One little thing I liked about the scene with Haru and Morgana in the palace is every time Haru repeats 'We will take the treasure' she gives it a different line read, like if she says it the right way it's somehow going to resolve this ridiculous situation.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
To be fair to Sun Wukong, a lot of his rampaging was actually the fault of all the other jerks in the ol' celestial bureaucracy. He just wanted some respect, and they kept being assholes to him. I mean twice they denied him a decent job!

Served them right, really.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

Clarste posted:

P4 seemed to be made as a quick cash-in on P3's surprising popularity, imo. SMT titles had always been cult hits at best, but P3 opened the door to mainstream success. The turnaround time between P3 and P4 was astonishingly short.

Weird that the 'quick cash-in' was better in pretty much every way than the thing it was supposedly cashing in on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's just been revoked. :getin:

But seriously, I wasn't sure how I felt about Yu summoning Lucifer as the personification of his bonds with his friends at the end of the Persona 4 anime.

I'm not sure how I feel about this either.

To be fair, it WAS foreshadowed:

Arsene, at the very beginning of the entire game posted:

What the hell could be more sacrilegious than summoning mega-satan to shoot god in the face?

TheFlyingLlama posted:

so the funny thing with this fight is that I just happened to be using satan for it

the radness of summoning satan to kill what is effectively the demiurge is lost a little when you were already using satan

I'm sure Arist will go over this for NG+ stuff but satanael is the most satan possible, by far.