Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

I wonder how many people have triggered the Post-Valentine's Beatdown by just not having the heart to say no to Haru when she pops the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

How old are these two nerds/Lavenza supposed to be?

Standard fare anime "oh they're actually ageless guardians of the Force or whatever so it's cool that a prepubescent is coming on to an adolescent" BS.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

On that note, props to Sae for taking a kid with a criminal record at his word when she interrogated him and he offered zero actual proof that his crazy story was true.

Whereas Dojima didn't trust the kid who had been living under his own roof and taking care of his daughter for him for over half a year by this point. This occurs even if you have Dojima's and/or Nanako's Social Links maxed out. Extra fail points for P4 Protagonist himself for not offering to prove his story by shoving his arm or his head or something into the TV that was right there on the table in the interrogation room.

Don't get me wrong, Sae's still terrible, but at least she was willing to take a chance and believe in Joker.

Nah, it's bullshit plot contrivance so the game never has to reckon with Sae being an awful human being.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

"But guys she was stressed from her job and" :qq:

edit: GODDAMNIT

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Yes, she did those things, I never said she did not do awful things and the game treats those as terrible things for her to have done. That doesn’t change that every other major target is far worse, and that Sae legitimately has a change of heart on her own that leads to her realising she’s been a shitheel and changing her job.

The "useless" comment resulted in Makoto almost getting sex-trafficked.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Which is Sae’s fault how exactly? The comment itself is bad but that doesn’t actually make it her fault that Kaneshiro is a horrifying monster willing to turn Makoto, and Sae for that matter, into prostitutes by force.

Which was only possible because she went charging after Kaneshiro, because she didn't want to feel useless. Who set her off, again?

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

She may or may not be beaten out by some of the sidequest randos, depending on your perspective.

Cheating at videogames: Unforgivable, we shall brainwash you into mending your ways.
Emotional abuse and returning a suicidally depressed teenager to her horrifically abusive relatives: Well your sister likes you and abuse never affects the victim's judgement. You're in the clear!

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Uh, Makoto is not suicidally depressed and Sae has no history of abuse, one bad comment does not an emotionally abusive household make. Additionally Akechi was needling Makoto too, probably because he wanted her to do something rash around Kaneshiro to slow down Sae’s case.
Oh so Futaba doesn't exist to you. Man, no wonder you like Sae.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

WRT to Dojima, turning your ward over to the cops is lovely no matter what, but he has the mitigating circumstance of (I assume, I haven't played P4 so don't quote me on this) the entire country not screaming for you to be killed and left for the buzzards when he does it.

(Sae would 100% have arrested Makoto and let her swing tho)

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Geostomp posted:

The only “redemption” for Akechi I would accept is him taking the rap for Joker to let him have the additional three months and agreeing to never appear again.

Not emptyquoting.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Wait, can you actually back out of Fake Igor's deal?

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Kaneshiro gets way less poo poo than he should considering he runs a literal pedophile sex ring.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Sae is just Percy Weasley with a vagina and undeserved verbal rear end-kissing from the entire non-evil cast. Change my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

How dare you cheat on me with my USELESSUSELESSUSELESSUSELESSUSELESS sister?!
Well she had to find love and appreciation somewhere...