Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Would you be able to upload the music tracks? I've been looking for an extended version of the start menu theme for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Arist posted:

I was mainly going to stick to the standout tracks but if you really want I could add that in some time tomorrow.

I was thinking more in the way The Dark Id approaches his SSLPs which is providing the music track for each scene, but I think P5 has a huge OST, so that may not be super necessary. At least the start menu theme for now would be cool! :)

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Deltasquid posted:

I think that while you can criticize the persona devs for some old-fashioned attitudes like the gay jokes or Yusuke's initial behavior, they often seem to put a lot of thought and research into foreign deities and religions. Probably spilled over from compiling lists of demons or personas in their games for so long (often with descriptions changing between games, so they're reviewing them every so often.) Their knowledge of Greek myths and motifs in Persona 3, or indeed Western fiction and Christianity in most of their games, are testaments to that.

There's a pair of outright offensive gay caricature characters in this game on its own. It's definitely more than just "gay jokes" and Yosuke’s homophobia.

That doesn’t even crack the surface with what Atlus put into the Catherine remaster; their regression on LGBT characters is only getting worse.

Ubiquitous_ fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 28, 2017

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Yep, that’s my bad. Total typo.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Spuzzz posted:

What have they added to the remaster? I haven't found any details beyond a third Catherine.

From how it’s been presented in trailers so far, the third Catherine is transgender. But not transgender in an open-minded sense, but more in the “she’s a trap” sense.

How the game handles it is still a question mark, but the initial impression is not good.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
When I heard and read about the homophobic scene presented here, that was when I decided I'd rather read an LP of the game than buy it.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

amigolupus posted:

I find it even weirder that dating Kawakami's even an option considering the first arc is all about a teacher abusing their position to sexually abuse his female students. It's like nobody even stopped to even think that it may have been sliiiiiiightly tone-deaf to the themes of the game.

The comments on any article where the female teacher is hot will most commonly be, "I wish I was that lucky in school." I've seen these comments even if the boy was thirteen years old.

There's very few people who understand that this tends to mess with these boys psychologically for the rest of their lives, and will damage their future relationships. You'll only really see other women disgusted by these encounters, which is sad.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

TheKirbs posted:

He acts embassed because he's an immature guy and the other guys have been using it to mess with him even if they clearly don't have a problem with. I still don't see how that counts.
Also I don't see whats so bad about putting her original name down in an also know as manner. .

Once someone has made a transition, naming them as they go by and never deadnaming them is the cool and respectful way of dealing with that kind of character.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

cdyoung posted:

this, extremely this.

It's extremely not that, though.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

cdyoung posted:

I'm not getting worked up, if that's what my posting is showing, I'm just stating my opinion which is, Having a lesbian couple to have a lesbian couple isn't necessary. Its like the ending to Legend of Korra, it's right out of left field.
Except it wasn't out of left field.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Persona 5 LP co-starring Arist’s hands

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Dog Kisser posted:

I... kinda don't like Persona 5? I've never played them, only read the various LPs over the years, and this is the first one where I've ended up feeling like "oh." at the end. Persona 4 made a much better impression on me. Oh well!

Same boat here. I 100% completed P3 and P4, but the structure was starting to really get to me, and the story in this game is making me glad I didn't buy P5. I wonder where the series goes from here.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Thank you for playing this mess for us, Arist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
This does not bode well for any potential treatment of sexuality or gender in SMTV.