Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
D.B. Cooper, in the hopes that we might imitate one of history's most successful vanishing acts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Makoto would be a much better spy here if she figured out how to remove that enormous dialogue bubble attached to her head.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

serefin99 posted:

Except, if you bothered to pay attention to the game being played, you wouldn't the palaces are made from distorted desires. It's not enough to just have a high opinion of themselves, they have to, in some way, be severely messed up, by definition. If the only prerequisite was having a high opinion of yourself, Tokyo would be crawling with palaces.

Well, then you have to ask who decides what is and isn't "distorted." How objective is the "cognitive world?" Do its ethics necessarily match ours, or are we just seeing the parts of our ethics that match, i.e., the distortion of genuinely vile people like Kamoshida and Madarame?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Robindaybird posted:

yeah, like you can read it as the Big Bad being so assbackwards to think it, but the game sure as hell pulled that in the end. They came so close - and then wham, they faceplanted at the finish.

I continue to cling to that reading as hard as I possibly can.

It's not rational, but I'd like to believe Catherine's better than it is about Erica.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

I wish "foul-mouthed maid cafe girl who gets mistaken for a mugger" was a party member.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Actually, Mementos is cool, and good.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

You actually don't need to button mash to get mileage out of Bullet Hail. You can just hold the button down. :eng101:

This information would've spared my thumbs some pain if I had it a few months ago.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Sae kind of makes sense as "jealousy," as opposed to envy -- not the desire for what others have (though a woman working in a male-dominated field would probably covet the kind of success that just gets handed to people who don't work nearly as hard, but I digress), but the desire to safeguard her existing success at any cost.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Apparently, the LP freeze thing is ATLUS policy because Japanese fans ask for it, as an anti-spoiler measure. Or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Night10194 posted:

Is that Philemon? I'm guessing that's Anime Philemon.

Philemon was already anime.