Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

GunnerJ posted:

I feel like something that confused me about the opening of the game suddenly just clicked.

I'm at the same spot as the LP now and that same thing just clicked for me as well. Looking forward to seeing if that was it. Maybe it's because I've played too much MGSV but I have a stupidly off the wall theory at the moment and part of me wants to be right (but am most likely wrong).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Drakenel posted:

I just figure that Nylar finally figured out that there's an entire rest of the world to gently caress with. Meanwhile Philemon keeps punting Igor into japan to welcome people to the velvet elevator/limo/prison. Japan makes too many anime protagonist heroes for Nylarly to get any work done.

Is there a wiki or something that outlines all this sort of stuff, like who/what Igor is and Phil/Nyarly? I've only played P3, 4, and now 5 but I'd be curious about the overarching story.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Kevos Setzer posted:

In a darker story, this would be the first step over the line that leads to a protagonist who starts imposing his own version of Justice on the world with nothing to hold back his ambition.

They already made this and called it Death Note.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I loved the second twist so much, especially since once we got to Sae's palace in real time I had an inkling of what was going on and what could have happened, and it turned out I was really close. But yeah, "we got em" was a great little scene.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Stroth posted:

Still pretty young to be a government assassin.

It's Japan. If he were 17 he'd be a Special Ops veteran or some poo poo.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Arist posted:

It appears to be an issue with... every apostrophe in the LP. Probably something to do with my word processor? Yikes. I'll figure something out, maybe contact a mod.

I'm seeing it all over the forums so I don't think it's just you.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I'm so angry at this video game I bought 10 copies just to post a video of me burning them on my IG account in protest.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Iv8tQg8Q4

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

D1Sergo posted:

Philemon-as-Principal-Skinner: "I didn't interfere with the humans, it was the butterfly, I tell you! The butterfly!"

Probably thinks he's being clever while Nyarly's going "not this poo poo again" with a palm to the face.

Supernyarlathotep Chalmers: Philemonnnnnnn!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

ACAB

All Cops Are Baka

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Hmm, this anime fffffemale has short hair, acts with confidence, and doesn't try to hit on the protag once. Must be a lesbian. :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Arist posted:

Ann…

Makoto…

Hifumi…

Takemi…

Chihaya…

Ohya…

Kawakami…

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Persona Number Five!