Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Most of the Friday Fellows are ordinary dudes who don't realise they're eating sentient beings, but Benten and Jurojin (that's the one with the beard) are both scary as hell. Pretty sure Jurojin is the head temple priest mentioned in the latest episode and up to his neck in occult bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I figure it's just a feature of the setting that tengu and tanuki are kind of slack about maintaining the masquerade but human society as a whole never really figures it out. Magic stuff happens, but it's basically unexplainable for people out of context.

As for why none of the tanuki ever spoke up before being put in the pot... I don't know, maybe one of the inner circle Friday club dudes shuts them up? I'm pretty sure most of the others are just indulging in the Japanese weird meat tradition and have no idea about any of the supernatural stuff. They flipped their poo poo when Yaichiro busted into their room in tiger form at the end of last season and I don't think they were being literal when they asked Yasoburo if he was a tanuki. After all, even if people aren't clued in on the supernatural stuff, tanuki are real animals and they should be aware of all the myths around them.

• Locked thread