Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Doc V posted:

Lmao, that scene between Yasaburou and Akadama was the first thing I thought of when I saw they were leaving Nidaime untranslated. Just say 'heir', guys :negative:

It's weird since CR has been decent in their other TL but this is just the one term they didn't translate for a secret reason. Since the beginning, I thought that was his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Doc V posted:

And that's the end of Arima Hell. I love this chapter and that was a pretty excellent adaptation.

IDK the anime series were based off a novel. I liked Tatami Galaxy a lot even though there were parts where I had no idea what were going on b/t episodes.

btw: How would you rate the CR TL quality? Also, is he really related to Ebisugawa? Is Uncle just an honorific?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Doc V posted:

The CR translation is pretty decent, though there are a few weird decisions that I don't really agree with like leaving Nidaime and honorifics untranslated. And yes, Sou'un was Yasaburou's father's younger brother.

So Yasaurou would be marrying his 1st cousin? :getout:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Knorth posted:

Benten... :smith:

Grandma Tanuki! :kimchi: That was a really sweet final scene

Who is the person Benten needs though? I mean, she's a the point where she had isolated herself from everyone tanuki and tengu.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Pavlov posted:

Lets be honest, benten and the heir are going to end up boning eventually. It's just a matter of how much drama the author wants to slip in before then.

I hope not :catstare:

Benten is awesome when she doesn't care about anything but her own interests. I'm still undecided how I feel wrt to the heir.

• Locked thread