Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
I’m so glad I wandered over to ADTRW -- I had no idea Eccentric Family got a second season! Loved the first one.

Sorry, I don’t have anything to add, I'm just happy to have more of this show to watch. Sounds like people are happy with it so far.

Thank you for the thread and for the translated short story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Martytoof posted:

What's the airing/simulcast schedule for this show? CR is really bad at telling me when I can expect a new episode. And by "bad" I mean it does't at all.

I just got a crunchyroll subscription on a whim and haven't watched anime in probably twenty years. This was a good one to start on. Really enjoying this show, though I was confused as gently caress at first because bla bla licensing on season one means I had to go out of my way to find it to answer questions.

I believe Crunchyroll gets the new episode Sunday morning? I'm sure someone else has the details.

If you're looking for other shows on CR to watch, might I recommend Kyousougiga? It sort of reminds me of Eccentric Family in a way.

Yeah, it's really too bad CR doesn't still have the first season up. It did make me go buy the Bluray last weekend though, so good for NISA!

The new season is fun so far! It's nice to see more of the other family members :3:. The Nidaime not putting up with Benten's games was great. Im curious to see more of the Thursday fellows and the old man and his "hell screen". I'm wondering if Yashiburo pulls off some interesting electricity tricks this season.

It does seem weird that they don't translate nii-san or nidaime, but do translate Nise-emon, which I don't remember them doing last time.

Who/where are the tsuchinoko??

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
Huh, thanks for the book summaries. That does help. The ending was good and cute, but still felt like it was missing a good wrap up. Another episode would've definitely helped.

It's kinda funny they didn't mention the smell thing much at all. Especially with that earlier setup of Yasa reminiscing about his dad coming back from the hot springs and not having any scent. Actually, I forgot about that scene until the explanation about how Soun faked his death.

That backstory of the heir and the hotel would've been nice, too. I do feel pity for Benten, too. Like someone else just mentioned, being kidnapped and raised by a tengu would probably mess a person up.

It's still a great show and I hope the next book gets written soon and gets another anime season!

• Locked thread