Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Woof, getting adjusted to this coming from Madden is tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

whatspeakyou posted:

The first play of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCJaB7TuGCI is the kind of poo poo I mean. There's just no excuse for that. That kind of stuff would be a deal breaker for me, absolutely. Beyond that I'm sure it'll be fine.

The first two plays are ridiculous and I wouldn't put up with them either. That last play in the video looks like the defense was caught in a man defense and the runner had the option to go inside or outside due to the OLB being blocked at the POA. It's a bad read by the runner for sure but the defense has to take responsibility to not let themselves be outflanked and leave his safety in a 1 on 1 situation with a runner.

whatspeakyou posted:

If I were you, I'd restrict non-athletes to their position families, with the exception being DEs and OLBs just because if someone runs a 3-4, they may go after pass rushing DEs to fill that need. Anything beyond that should prolly be a case-by-case basis (a former athlete who was initially moved to HB but then gets slid to WR might be good, but not a WR to TE or poo poo like that). Basically keep it reasonable so people don't put a drat WR at TE or something dumb.

Would it be ok to move safeties in the box for nickle/dime/dollar formations to play inside linebackers? This is something that's being used more and more in both College and the Pros with players like Deone Bucannon, Barry Church, Su'a Cravens, Miles Killebrew, Jabrill Peppers etc.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Running in 17 is tough, but it's also due to how unnaturally fast defensive players move latterly in the game. I also think most backs are unnaturally fast as well due to bad foot planting in the game is which leads to left sticking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUizPJggcWo

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
The last great Run and Shoot offense is in this game (They have 2!!!!!) and I plan on using one of them. I really want to use the 4-2-5 but the last thing I remember about that defense is that it was broke and I had trouble with slowing down both the run and pass.

• Locked thread