Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In beta I would just say ''get your rear end back here'' in my best Deliverance impression then loudly lick my lips and breathing extremely heavy.

People were creeped out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Silent Jason is best Jason, and I hope the devs include a permanent Jason mute option.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Watched some videos and game looks good, day one purchase most likely.

Is it just going to be that one map?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Negative, multiple maps.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
3 at launch of I remember correctly.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Sweet, in that case will definitely get this.

To those of you who played the beta (did anyone in this thread?), how insufferable is it with pubbies?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Three maps does look like a selling point.

The game is survival with an unkillable force. At its worst, it's you versus Jason versus people who are faster than you. You can kill people who screwed you over.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

BeigeJacket posted:

To those of you who played the beta (did anyone in this thread?), how insufferable is it with pubbies?

Varies. But having dumb people to throw at Jason as a distraction makes pubbies useful even when they suck.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BeigeJacket posted:

It's completely playable because they'll either help you by fixing poo poo or draw Jason from you. The great part about Friday the 13th is that there isn't a DBNO situation like there is with Dead by Daylight, so you don't have to rely on someone else picking you up off of the floor if Jason takes you down. There's nothing to be hooked on, Jason has to kill your rear end on the spot. It's a perfect system because the game doesn't fall apart with lovely players but it allows good players to survive even if they never see another counselor.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

BeigeJacket posted:

From what I played pubbies will always pick the fast girl who is also the loudest and run every where constantly when near you so your location is always like a spotlight for Jason to find

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The best troll is to drop firecrackers near someone who is slower than you.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Queering Wheel posted:

I'm gonna work on my Bane voice for Jason rounds.

*counselor flees outside through a window*

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally..."

Same.But if that doesn't work out (AKA if I still sound like a mumbling Connery) by launch day I've got both Rhoemer's Theme and my godawful impression of Optimus Prime to fall back on.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Basically the last 4-5 posts.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"accidentally" shooting counselors with the shotgun when jason is chasing everyone is best troll

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
"gently caress you, got mine" is a perfectly legitimate tactic then. :v:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I imagine being the only person with a weapon in a cabin full of people and spotting Jason approaching first is like trolling Christmas.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

McSpanky posted:

I imagine being the only person with a weapon in a cabin full of people and spotting Jason approaching first is like trolling Christmas.

weapons get most people killed in my experience because they usually miscalculate Jason's grab

i preferred stocking up on pocket knives and trolling Jason until he just hacks you to death in frustration

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

poptart_fairy posted:

"gently caress you, got mine" is a perfectly legitimate tactic then. :v:

Times I left in the 4-door car alone: several.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Times I left in the 4-door car alone: several.

i wonder if being the rocker chick and stealthing through to victory will be the best strategy in release.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Snatch Duster posted:

i wonder if being the rocker chick and stealthing through to victory will be the best strategy in release.

Rocker chick was pretty good, the problem in beta was that EVERYONE was Vanessa. Rocker chick and Tiffany were probably next most played. As such, it fell to rocker chick to gas the car, fix the phones, etc. All this while human Jason-magnets in track suits ran around you, who took off into the woods as soon as Jason inevitably appeared. Leaving you alone, vulnerable, and in a not-hiding status with Jason.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Snatch Duster posted:

weapons get most people killed in my experience because they usually miscalculate Jason's grab

They'll get a lot more people killed when I turn around and slash everyone in the leg before running off in maniac glee!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
seems like most of the streamers that did well with hitting jason would only try to hit him after he missed a strike or a grab

well, the ones that didn't just whack him while he was grabbing someone else, anyway.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Snatch Duster posted:

i preferred stocking up on pocket knives and trolling Jason until he just hacks you to death in frustration
His grab took priority over anything you did. Using weapons also made you lunge like an idiot who never swung a bat before.
Weapons are mostly death traps. Better to amass bear traps and lay them in one house for later.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 9, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Glad to hear you German goons will be free to experience over-the-top violence and gore, as is tradition.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/861597713816834048

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm slowly coming around to the fact I'll be playing as a counselor too. So long as there's a Jason I'm happy. :unsmith:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Drunken Baker posted:

I'm slowly coming around to the fact I'll be playing as a counselor too. So long as there's a Jason I'm happy. :unsmith:

Also keep in mind they claim there's a system in place to designate a preference and to prevent you from not getting that preference too many times in a row.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
So what happens if Jason Lags/disconnects/ragequits? Does the game go to lobby? Do survivors win?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Jason collapses into a pile and the game ends right there. Points get tallied. Don't think of it as survivors versus Jason. You are alone and those other people snagged all the pocket knives and smacked you while running from Jason.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Also keep in mind they claim there's a system in place to designate a preference and to prevent you from not getting that preference too many times in a row.
Do you mean on picking Jason or am I not allowed to prefer one counselor?

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 9, 2017

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Scalding Coffee posted:

Don't think of it as survivors versus Jason. You are alone and those other people snagged all the pocket knives and smacked you while running from Jason.
That's lovely, and not really a game I want to play.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Such is life in The Zone. You don't need to be violent with other people, but that is an aspect of survival. Killing people also lets you loot their bodies of those items. The game also lasts for 20 minutes at most and the tension might hit harder than Jason, so impatient people will hate the game.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 9, 2017

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Scalding Coffee posted:

Such is life in The Zone. You don't need to be violent with other people, but that is an aspect of survival. Killing people also lets you loot their bodies of those items. The game also lasts for 20 minutes at most and the tension might hit harder than Jason, so impatient people will hate the game.
Nah gently caress that.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Scalding Coffee posted:

Do you mean on picking Jason or am I not allowed to prefer one counselor?

You pick your Jason / counselor loadout at start. Then it's random if you are Jason or Counselor. You can opt-out of being Jason if you wish. You can never opt out of being counselor.

What I've read you can also do it set a "preference," basically telling the game "I'd rather play (Jason / Counselor)"

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/854090481189482496

So as an example:
  • Scalding Coffee likes to play Jason. He picks his favorite Jason loadout, which is Jason III because of course it is you sissy. You also pick your counselor loadout, which is Tiffany because dat rear end. You love playing your stupid Jason, so you set a Jason preference.
  • Tinfoilpapercut is also in your lobby, picks his loadout of Jason VII because he is a real man. He picks Tiffany for counselor as well. Tinfoil also picks a Jason preference.
  • Pubbies 1, 2, 3, and 4 opt-out of playing Jason because they are DbD survivor mains who all rolled Vanessa and are going to be killed and get awful salty.
  • Pubbies 5 and 6 set a counselor preference by accident.

At the game start, the only possible Jasons are Scalding Coffee, Tinfoil, Pubbie 5, and Pubbie 6. Given that we set a Jason preference, it's likely that we will both be Jason within the first 2 games. If we play 10 games, perhaps you and I get Jason four times each, with Pubbie 5 and Pubbie 6 one time each. (or something like that)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

That all sounds pretty great really, best way to do it without getting Jason squatters all day but giving everyone who wants in a fair shot.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

McSpanky posted:

That all sounds pretty great really, best way to do it without getting Jason squatters all day but giving everyone who wants in a fair shot.

They also penalize people heavily for trying to "Jason shop" games by ditching games where they didn't get Jason.

It's almost like they put some thought into it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Will there be enough interest in the game to start a goon group? I'm holding off on the game.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
There's probably at least 8 goons ITT.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Yes, I'll be down for goon Jasons slamming an axe into my head.

Going back to the map chat from earlier - do we know what the other two maps will be? Are they all summer camp themed?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I'll probably be down for some goon matches. This game looks like it'll be really fun and hilarious.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I'm on the fence currently. I want to see what week 1 impressions are.

Also this thread needs more hype and media and stuff. Post your favorite screenshots, artwork, gameplay video (sans screeching streamers plz)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The issue with weapons in Beta was that the stats were never really defined so people had no idea what they did. If you didn't have high luck all grabbing a weapon does pretty much is calm your character down, so they're less scared and won't make as much noise for Jason to home in on. Characters with high luck and weapons can actually stun Jason and they should really be the only ones making a swing at him

• Locked thread