Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Please say this is worldwide this maybe the first game I buy on opening day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Is there an imposter skin for Jason? It might be kind of cool in some games If they introduced an imposter instead of/as well as Jason.
He could have similar powers like teleportation etc but is a lot weaker and can be more easily taken out by humans etc also he attracts Jason whenever he makes a kill/is killed.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I'm planning on buying this for the PS4 tomorrow as I'm off work, normally I never buy on release and always prefer to go for a physical release as I'm not much of a gamer but I am a fan of the movies and this looks insanely fun, I'll probably still pick up a copy of the physical version when it drops significantly in price as I just like to have it on my shelf.

I've tried researching but can't really find much info I take it the UK release will be at the same time as the US

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Game has just appeared on UK PSN for £30.99, I'm not at home so can't get at it just yet

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Utnayan posted:

Anyone playing this on PS4? Also is there a community group set up for just this game? Sounds hilarious.

I've been doing games occasionally throughout the day, sessions seem a bit scarce but I've had some fun games.

I tried to beat up jason with a bat as he popped my head :(

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I'm PS4 my gamertag is the same as my SA username if anyone fancys adding me.
Gonna grab myself a mic tomorrow as I've lost the original.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Just witnessed the sleeping bag kill 🤘🏿🤘🏿🤘🏿🤘🏿

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I am terrible at being jason

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

MadJackMcJack posted:

Of course people are going to salt off, why wait 10-15 minutes to get another game when you can be playing again in far less time? Plus the "horror movie" is far less exciting when it's some chump sitting in a bush or a building somewhere waiting for the timer to run down.

From my experience this isn't the case you still end up waiting to find a new game

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Some rear end in a top hat was chopping up other counsellors so I blasted his bitch rear end with Tommy's shotgun.

Then jason broke my back

oval office

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Basebf555 posted:

As soon as the leveling system gets straightened out and I unlock Jason Part 2, I'm definitely gonna use him almost exclusively because he's always been the scariest Jason, plus he can run.

I was in a game with someone playing as Part 2 Jason earlier today and the person nailed it, he was loving ruthless, I was killed early but enjoyed spectating that one.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Burkion posted:

This is a brilliant idea and I loving love it.

Maybe go full tilt with it- you respawn, not as Roy himself, but as whatever character you were playing dressed up like Roy's Jason. Coveralls, hosed up mask, but on your character model

This would own, if only because I have a soft spot for part 5.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Shameful admission: I saw bits of the first movie and nothing else as horror movies gave me nightmares as a kid. Kinda tempted to binge watch the series after watching streams of this game and wondering if they all still hold up or if there's some clunkers to avoid?

Watch them all you've got a good 5 hours before the game is back up to squeeze a few in

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Gonna have to agree with everyone who thinks the game is amazing, I love it, I even enjoy spectating in games after I get murdered it's like a new mini Friday movie every time.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Sleeping bag death will forever be the best death

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Burkion posted:

Basically here's the secret of the franchise.

Unlike with Halloween, or Nightmare or really any other Slasher film- every Jason movie has something to it. Every Jason film has some edge to it that makes it worth watching. One particular kill, one excellent moment, a heavy load of homoerotic subtext

No Jason movie is without merit. Even Jason Goes to Hell is great for it's truly brutal kills and the director commentary where they just take the poo poo out of the movie every chance they have.

No Jason film is GREAT CINEMA FOREVER, but they're all fun as gently caress and if you want to see some people get murdered or see an immortal angry zombie man do his thing, you cannot go wrong. From Pam to Jason to Roy, all of them have some kind of special quality. None of them reach the highs of the first Halloween or Nightmare, but they don't sink to the depths that those franchises found either.

It's also the most consistent in quality, it has some downturns and some upswings but has remained enjoyable over the course of 12 movies, the same can't be said for Halloween or nightmare.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Currently part of a gang of 6 chads 🤘🏿

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
The Savini skin should never be made available again but what they could do is make it so that jason players randomly get to play as Savini Jason occasionally.

I'm personally rocking bag head jason atm as he's scary as gently caress, I want to play wrestling themes at people in the game alas it requires me to hold my phone to my PS4 mic

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
The Chad army I sometimes play had a match that had 2 randoms involved as well, one of them got the fuel and was running aimlessly, me and 3 other chad's spent 5 minutes trying to convince him to put it in the drat car until we got bored and beat the crap out of him with bat's, he dropped the fuel and bailed into the water.

Then Jason killed us all.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Republicans posted:

It would be neat if Tommy Jarvis could facilitate some 4th way of escaping, which would give Jason an actual reason to keep him out of the match. Maybe he can lead people to some secret path he holds open for them.

He kind of does.............you need him to kill Jason.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
God I hope if they get permission to do Jason X content that they add Brodski as a playable character.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

King Vidiot posted:

Nah, it's more the fault of decades of people misremembering or outright bending the narrative of the F13 franchise to suit their own thesis statements about slasher films and what they were "really" about.

Even if Jason killed only promiscuous teens who did drugs and nobody else, you could just as easily argue that it was a statement against the War on Drugs, Reaganism and Thatcherism and that Jason represented the "Morality Police" out to ruin everybody's good time. But he really kills everybody pretty equally, in fact most slasher movies have an equal mix of "good" and "bad" victims.

Hell, same. And I haven't even watched the whole series since I was like 12. I think the only Nightmare movies I've rewatched are 1, 2, 6 and New Nightmare. I really need to revisit that series eventually, I loved all of them as a kid and then just never watched most of them again.

None of those are Dream Warriors

Watch Dream Warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

codenameFANGIO posted:

I think everyone in this thread who watches Remake says this verbatim afterwards

To be fair it's pretty accurate

• Locked thread