Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Seriously can't wait for the game, but super bummed I didn't get the chance to pick up the alternate counselor clothes pack in time :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Honestly im so happy to be a teen in a shlocky horror film. I'm a little disappointed the SP will be Jason only but I understand why.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I'd believe the "final girl" has to have something to do with it.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Maybe it's kind of a FTT part 2 thing with the sweater

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The counselors in the virtual cabin sure look scary as hell, especially jock dude and eyelash guy. Not sure if that's intended or not...

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Scalding Coffee posted:

What is the deal with the virtual cabin?

It sucks because they never optimized it and left it to die.

E: unless you mean it updated or something

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought hair really didn't move all that much in the 80's.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I should have bought the drat alternate clothes pack

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

BeigeJacket posted:

Even though I'm psyched for this game, I've only ever seen two of the Jason films (New York and the space one) and IIRC they were dreadful, witless trash.

Whaaaaaat? I mean none of the film's are what you would call "good" but you need to see Crispin Glover dance at least.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
KI KI KI
MA MA MA

I keep pressing the play button hoping someone fucks up

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Jukebox Hero posted:

I'm still seriously hoping for Mrs Voorhees to be playable before they stop paying attention to the game

I mean it would only be appropriate

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The only game I played so far was last night as the Final Girl. I was the first to die, I was searching a cabin and freaked out when Jason came along and hid under a bed.

E: I think Jason is supposed to be op. It wouldn't make since if the counselors had more of a chance than they already do.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

MadJackMcJack posted:

Whoever decided that leaving a game after you died loses you 500 XP needs to be axed in the crotch repeatedly :colbert:

gently caress you and your getting-to-play-as-Jason bullshit :argh:

Playing as Jarvis is a mechanic, the devs want you to hang around even if you die. The XP loss is your incentive to not dip.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

MadJackMcJack posted:

It's a stupid mechanic that punishes people who get unlucky early on and are forced to sit around waiting for the round to end if they ever want to progress.

Funny, I think it's a good mechanic that punishes players who salt off after being the first to die.

As it stands now, "git gud" or enjoy the horror movie, honestly.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

MadJackMcJack posted:

Of course people are going to salt off, why wait 10-15 minutes to get another game when you can be playing again in far less time? Plus the "horror movie" is far less exciting when it's some chump sitting in a bush or a building somewhere waiting for the timer to run down.

Then accept the price of salting off is 500XP

:shrug:

You know it's not what's intended, thus the penalty, so if you don't want to be a good sport and value your time far too highly there you go.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

s.i.r.e. posted:

The update didn't fix the backer clothes and Jason, lame.

The patch notes are on this page and they addressed that.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah I just got on PSN chat and requested a refund. gently caress them.

Also addressed in the patch notes. Reading is fun!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Lasher posted:

In a random party and people are trying to power game this already. Trying to find the best combination of perks to juke Jason and... I dunno. I get that the objective as counsellors is to survive but these lads seem to be out to WIN if you get me?

Yeah, like my friend who rages at every loss in overwatch, i dont think this is a game for people who have to win every time.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
What's up with people sounding the death knell already. :psyduck:

It's really fun watching the last survivor (AJ) with no escape options try her best to elude jason in the final minutes.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
1.9 gig patch. So I wonder what got changed.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Fixed some visibility issues with the door interaction icons

This is the best.

weekly font posted:

One of the streamers I'm watching while I work lost all of his perks. Be careful on this patch, fam.

They could just look gone, like what was happening a few days ago.

E: Nevermind

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Just played a game with two streamers and I was the final one left standing (still died). That was the best game I've had and it was really fun. Fantastic Jason that round.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

just wanted to let everyone know you're not Chad enough

if you dont have the outfit DLC, you're basically a Poor

I didn't know it was a thing till they took it down :smithicide:

Also I am indeed a poor because the eBay dlc costs are loving ridiculous. I wish someone would just crack the dlc.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 1, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So out of curiosity I looked up the clothing dlc on steam db. Along with a cdkey billing type there's another entry for "store or CD key".

I know they've made statements and poo poo about the exclusivity, so it's probably just how the steam system works, I don't know. I think I'm grasping at straws.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Scalding Coffee posted:

There will be some unlock DLC program in the future, so it is all pointless.

I hope you're right, I mean it happens to a lot of other games, why not.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah but the devs could crack down on that pretty easily if they wanted to. I'm surprised they're cracking down on the people that buy and sell the skins.

It's a weird line in the sand for sure

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Basebf555 posted:

The only thing I want from the Savini skin is to see the drat thing in game already. I want to be hunted down and killed by Savini Jason.

Yeah I haven't played against Savini Jason once. I guess it's a good thing it's so rare right :hurr:

Unrelated note, my first time playing Jason and an unfortunate Tiffany stunned me with the sweater with no one but Debbie around. It didn't turn out well for them.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Just had a fun game where a Jason had me dead to rights was right in front of me. I just stood still because I had a knife but he just teleported away. This let me and a lumberjack fix the car and we rode right out with Jason watching on the side of the bridge. I like when people play Jason in an interesting way.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Nckdictator posted:

Of course Eric is based on a backer.

Why didn't they just say "every male except for Chad"

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Alteisen posted:

Yea but thats the nerd girl after her make over.

Counter point:

Debs isn't the proper amount of nerd girl frumpy :colbert:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

cerebral posted:

Ran into my first Jason cheater today. Dude killed all 7 counselors within the first 4ish minutes. I was killed in the first thirty seconds, and as I watched him kill the others, my first thought was, "Man, this guy is great at the Shift grab" followed immediately by the thought, "Wait...Jason doesn't have Shift a minute into the round." Then I thought maybe he just got really lucky with his Morphs, and then I remembered that Morph has a cool down.

I suppose this is what I get for feeling smug about the comparatively smooth PC launch.

Yeah being able to alt f4 your anti cheat poo poo was a bad call, gotta admit.

I did hear a radio DJ in the Charlotte area just mention the game though. She said wait on it, it's buggy now, but when it works it's really fun. It stuck out to me because they don't talk about games, it was brought up because it's Friday the freaking 13th

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 4, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Beat me to it.

Terry (or Terri) has the skinny-dipping scene, Scott is killed in the snare by having his throat cut with a machete, Terry comes back and finds the body, screams, [MPAA CUTS THE SCENE], Terry's body is found by the Final Girl, Ginny, at Jason's cabin.

I just watched the film's a few months ago and I wasn't ready for the amount of off screen deaths.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Basebf555 posted:

This is hilarious, I just bought it too. It wouldn't be nearly as funny if this wasn't only like a week after that letter they put out.

Very true about the letter. I just checked Steam, neither the Savini skin or the clothing pack :negative:

Good for the PSBros tho.

So what does this mean though, it has a set price and everything, so was it unintentional or just a timing mistake?

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 7, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Scalding Coffee posted:

It seems the devs said Sony made an illegal decision to put it up. If you are the PS crowd, you better buy it before it gets removed.

What :psyduck:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Huh, so it seems the skins are already in the game, as in the dlc isn't a download, but merely a flag.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I can always find gas and keys no problem, but the loving propeller and battery always elude me

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

joylessdivision posted:

I could have sworn I found a propeller in a drawer. However I haven't played this game not stoned off my rear end so it's entirely possible I'm imagining things.

Right? My motto is be the stoner archetype from the movies

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Oh my god

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

TOOT BOOT posted:

Fun fact: I've put 26 hours into this game so far and I've never found the propeller even when looking for it.

At least you get to play maps(map?) with a boat

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Scalding Coffee posted:

You don't even have to be near the camp before Jason shows up and stabs you.

Yeah, what exactly did the shop keepers do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I think the throwing knives should have a slowing effect on them. Maybe a damage over time effect as well. I'm not sure how much damage they do as of now but they really don't seem that great.

I'm sorry, I saw your name and thought it said 'HOOLY BOOTY' and I was confused why you didn't have a Tiffany av

Tonight was a first bad Jason night for me. The two or three games of him so far went well, but tonight I went 3/8 :(

Shift is hard to get used to.

• Locked thread