Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
"gently caress you, got mine" is a perfectly legitimate tactic then. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh hey this isn't a full price title on PS4. :psyduck:

genuinely tempted. Absolutely hooked on watching footage of this thing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Constant database Login Failures, aaaaargh. PS4.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah I just got on PSN chat and requested a refund. gently caress them.

Going to do this in the morning if it's still hosed. Rest of m friends can play.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Paid thirty quid for an error message simulator. loving hell.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Angry I still can't play, but footage is still enjoyable.

Seriously though, not even passing the title after three days is ridiculous.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
High hopes for maintenance sorting the PS4. If nothing then refund time, bleh.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If you're having PS4 problems you're just impatient.

Oh gently caress off. Four days of Database Login Failure is not me being impatient.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Fantastic, I can get past the title screen!

...my boyfriend's coming over so I must contend with yet another delay. :negative:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey sorry to the dudes who have been inviting me - not iignoring you, just go the game idle while I'm doing stuff on Netflix. Will be on soon. :)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So what is "Output Voice In World"? I'm not sure if other players can hear my hysterical yelling as Jason closes.

Either way I have learned that "No Jason, no!" does not provide as much protection as I thought.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, there are a lot of people playing the stealthy rocker chick.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

BillBear posted:

She's really really good. Her stealth and composure make it REAL hard for Jasons to find her if she's careful and her repair is decent enough for her to get out on her own. She's the best option for lone wolves by far.

I'm just annoyed they keep sneaking away while I get throttled. :v:

But man, I've enjoyed four rounds so far and this game was definitely the wait. I'm still annoyed that I was delayed by three games, but jesus it has a lot of potential.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I made the mistake of telling my team I had the car keys. Jason was quite uh, persistent after that.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You can drop stuff?

And cheers for the answer on the mic stuff. Most of the game feels fairly intuitive. Slowly coming to the understanding that it's less about surviving and more about surviving longer than anyone else. Once Jason's got me in my sights I don't last long - although I did hide in a cupboard and clock him with a shotgun just as he broke in.

"SURPRISE, FUCKER"

:haw:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh god, accidentally walked into Jason's cabin for the first time. :stonk:

Also, first Jason round was 4/8. Would've been 6/8 but I didn't notice they'd called the police until it was too late, and when I did I got stuck in a constant loop of being shot, sitting up and then being shot again. Seemed pretty janky as I wasn't able to shift away from the police or anything.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So does Jason light up occupied cabins regardless of how stealthy someone is being, or does taking things slowly let you loot the place without getting detected? Wondering if I should just speed through when I'm looking for equipment.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Please (and this is to everyone with the good goon stories) start recording these things. Besides that weird RobotRaptor dude watching Twitch streams is painfully unfunny.

I recorded a fantastic match where everyone was making really loving stupid puns as I chased them, but the upload corrupted. :negative:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So I was wailing on Jason as Vanessa, but the attacks just went straight through him - he didn't even flinch. Was that because hitting people with Vanessa is a silly idea, or was there just some sort of lag? The lack of animation threw me.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
FourEyedFairy on PS4.

Getting a ton of timed out connections today, bleh.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

:stonk:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lasher posted:

In a random party and people are trying to power game this already. Trying to find the best combination of perks to juke Jason and... I dunno. I get that the objective as counsellors is to survive but these lads seem to be out to WIN if you get me?

I made a group very angry because I saw, and shot, Jason with a flaregun when I saw him coming up from behind them.

Why the gently caress are you expecting people to know you're going to kill Jason in random, public games. :psyduck:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why does the thread talk up Chad so much? Is it just the goofy face or is there something about him I'm missing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ha! Playing as Deborah I'm peeping on Jason from the bushes as he sets up traps around the boat - he was placing them really, really well and they would have worked had I not seen him. Manage to repair the boat while he's stalking after the rest of the group, and feel quite smug as I jump in and pull away. Stopped briefly to let an AJ sneak on-board...only for Jason to loving launch himself out of the water less than a few feet from safety and drag me down to the depths. Apparently he'd seen me creeping about in the bushes after all and knew exactly what I was up to. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So, I figured out on reason I love this game so much now - it reminds me of Dungeons and Dragons. :v:

No, seriously. When I play as Jason I'm not looking to outright murder everyone straight away (although if they're particularly lovely in attitude I'll break my own rule and nark them quickly), but I like to toy with and taunt them. Lumber straight forward without running, gently caress up a cabin's exterior and lights even if I can just walk straight through the door and chop someone in half, deliberately go for people who are obviously acting as bait and so on. Just like when I DMed in pen and paper it was less about beating my players and more about entertaining them; I mean yeah, nine times out of ten they are going to be murdered, but I want to do it in a way that's goofy or dumb, not outright competitive.

I'D LIKE TO AXE YOU SOMETHING, as I hack down a door.

NICE NIGHT FOR A STROLL, I'll bellow when sneaking up someone in the woods.

Stupid poo poo like this. So far it's gone down really well, and I play along with other Jasons who pull the same stuff.

Come across a quite a few dickheads (one guy kept calling a thirteen year old human being and retard, even though this teenager was excited as gently caress he was playing a Jason videogame), and I'll back off with the gimmick if it's clear people aren't enjoying it, but there's a weird amount of cross-over between my experience here and in the old DnD groups.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

gooby pls posted:

This game very much reminds me of some table top games like Last Night on Earth or The Last Friday. When everyone is playing to their character's strengths and working cooperatively this game is just so drat fun and inspired. Hopefully some of the jank gets worked out and more content gets released before it becomes too stale.

5/5 would Chad again.

Me as Deb and someone else as the chunky nerd broke off from a group of armed jerks, and fled together in the four seater while the rest of them were getting hacked apart.

Nerd supremacy.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well, that was weird. Went 7/8 as Jason and was chasing an AJ - she dived into a tent but I wasn't able to get the interact prompt to drag her out and kill her. Showed up on sense and could be heard everything, just not be touched; even the guy playing her was confused.

Weirder still when the timer ran out and he got a "You survived!" message, I still received the trophy for killing everyone and Tommy, along with the bonus experience for doing so. :psyduck:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I only play as Jason 7 because he's my favorite of all the designs, AND the lack of running really gets you in the Jason mood.

What up slow murderer, buddy. Can practically feel the terror in your victims.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Mister Bup posted:

Never talk.

I need to shut my mouth a few times but when people are having fun it's too infectious. :saddowns:

Very similar playstyle to mine otherwise though. Game is great when everyone's in on it - I just don't think it's fun to get instantly murdered, or to instantly murder.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Coolguye posted:

Mind meld. I outright don't kill people pre-shift unless they try to fight me. If I hurt them and scare the piss out of them they're not getting anything done anyway, so eff it, let 'em have some high tension fun.

Exactly. Looks as if progression is going to be slow enough that being uber optimised outside of private matches is daft, so just kick back and get into things.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Playing a bit more and I'm experimenting with not using the grab until a counselor is heavily wounded, OR they're caught in a bear trap. This feels a lot better to me - also seems to gently caress up the team a bit more as having several of them limping around and whimpering tanks the hell out of their fear ratings. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh sure, but it was driven more by a dislike of how easy the grab > murder combination actually was. Combine it with shift and I never really felt like it was in the spirit of the movies.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I did quite like the idea someone had that Jason couldn't Shift when someone was looking at him. Maybe have their fear gradually increase the longer they can see him to make up for it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Haha, gently caress you Vanessa. Had one deliberately run to me in the hope that Jason would change target for my Deborah - it did work, but I stabbed him in the face and ran off...only to hear Vanessa blunder into a bear trap I'd placed than a less minute earlier. She got disemboweled and I made a clean break. :allears:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My only concern for the game is its possible longevity. Like, I appreciate the developers have faith in their game, but the trophies for playing as Jason 1000 times? Uh OK guys. Not even Skyrim yanked 2k hours out of me. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, been in matchmaking for half hour on PS4. Not sure wtf's going on tonight.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey sorry for not taking on the PS4 stuff last night, a "quick game" with friends ended up turning into a five loving hour marathon of dumb jokes, beer, and increasingly deranged gimmick ideas for playing as Jason. Flamingly camp, heterosexual Jason won out by a worrying margin. We tried doing a few public games as a group but just hosed off back into private because none of us were taking it seriously, and just annoying everyone.

Unfortunately my sneaky tactic of repairing the boat as Deborah was learned pretty quickly and my buddies learned to wait by the water exit every so often. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Window suicide buddies! :buddy:

It was funny because Deb clambered through the window, stood up straight and a second later squealed before falling down dead.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Tiffany looks pretty chilled out there.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Seen that happen with at least one Jason. I was feeling proud of myself as I managed to repair the car, call the cops, call Tommy and escape in the boat....only for him to grumpily mention that all his abilities were disabled for some reason, so he'd just been following one of his friends around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's also the best reason to eviscerate AJ early on. There's quite a few areas where she can skulk in that won't tank her fear to any meaningful degree as long as her touch is on, so she can crouch in the bushes (ooh-er...) and stay out of Sense's reach.

Mostly a case of extending your search area. Eventually she'll flag up.

• Locked thread