Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Whoever decided that leaving a game after you died loses you 500 XP needs to be axed in the crotch repeatedly :colbert:

Lasher posted:

Wow, a lot of people DO NOT want to play as Jason. Really wasn't expecting that. Getting a lot of Jason games which is great.

gently caress you and your getting-to-play-as-Jason bullshit :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Playing as Jarvis is a mechanic, the devs want you to hang around even if you die. The XP loss is your incentive to not dip.

It's a stupid mechanic that punishes people who get unlucky early on and are forced to sit around waiting for the round to end if they ever want to progress.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Funny, I think it's a good mechanic that punishes players who salt off after being the first to die.

As it stands now, "git gud" or enjoy the horror movie, honestly.

Of course people are going to salt off, why wait 10-15 minutes to get another game when you can be playing again in far less time? Plus the "horror movie" is far less exciting when it's some chump sitting in a bush or a building somewhere waiting for the timer to run down.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Does anyone know how to control yourself when you are shifting as Jason? Or how to stop shifting ahead of time? I keep shifting and then flying off into the distance with no way to stop moving :argh:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Another riveting match where I had to spend 10 minutes watching some cock hiding under a bugged bed while the Jason swung without effect. Yay?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

If you died to a jason that was smashing down an unbarricaded door, the problem isn't with my suggested strategy of speeding through early cabins, its you died to a really bad jason. Jason's can press E to open doors.

Jason CAN open doors, but smashing them is both more fun and prevents it being locked later. Plus the windowed doors only take one hit.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
How many Chads do I need to suck off to play as Jason again? :argh:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Finally got another round of Jason in :dance:

I let a Chad escape :negative: Although he did escape in typical Chad fashion, taking the blue car alone and leaving the peasants to die.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
One change I would like to see for shift is that if someone is looking at you, you can't shift. It makes more thematic sense, since the trope is offscreen teleportation, plus it would be balanced by the fact that by looking back at you, a counselor are far more likely to run into a tree or something, and looking forward to get their bearings lets you shift with all of the "Oh gently caress me" that brings.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Mister Bup posted:

Despite my personal rules I do play to kill everybody. If we're doing immersion, movies rarely end with more than one survivor you know.

I did try a no-kill round where I would just make sure nobody escaped and where all terrified by the end. Then the bloodlust took over and I started killing people. I did intend for the last girl counselor to survive, but obviously I wasn't going to make it easy and kept picking her up to truely terrify her.

Tommy came in and shotgunned her to death :ughh: Oh well, at least it was my first clean sweep.

Mister Bup posted:

Buggzy is also a good candidate for heroic sacrifices. Going ham as Buggzy with melee combat perks gets you a ton of points too and since you'll be the first one to die you'll probably get to Tommy and go for the escape.

Yea, I've been having decent success braining Jason and tearassing across the map. It seems that knocking a Jason out enrages them to the point where they ignore everyone to take you down. Works 70% of the time, all the time. The rest of the time Jason homes in on you asap and shift-grabs you the second he gets shift :negative:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Managed to get the fireplace kill after a Chad betrayed another Chad. Man it's brutal!

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
I've been letting the final person go free as Jason now that I'm good enough to murder everyone, because it wouldn't be a Jason film without the final survivor. People get really mad over this. Bloody kids these days :argh:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

weekly font posted:

Anyone want to give some protips on playing AJ? I've got stealth perks on her and still get murdered from anywhere on the map. I do not believe stealth works in this game.

Stealth works fine, it's just that Sense works off composure, not stealth. Jason is finding you because you're afraid (plus once he gets Rage Sense seems to get a big range boost).

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

So can someone tell me how to avoid the tele-grab? I swear I cannot figure it out and sometimes I just get absolutely screwed.

Juke like crazy and hope for the best.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

...! posted:

Does disarming a trap with a pocket knife send the trap triggered warning? Whenever I see/hear that warning, I immediately morph to the spot on my map that's suddenly missing the trap icon.

It does give a sound, but it's more like a spring snapping. Easy to miss if you're busy smashing poo poo.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Mister Bup posted:

I'm a little disappointed that as survivors get better I can no longer play slow and roleplay. Just had a match where the police were being called literally as I smashed my first generator.

Smash the generator to the phone as your opening move. Now they have to find it and repair it before they can phone, plus they'll be getting scared all the while from lack of lights :getin:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

They do not need to power the camp in order to repair the phone, they only need the fuse. They need power to call Tommy Jarvis, which is the lowest priority objective to defend as Jason.

I know they don't need power to fix the phone, but I thought they needed power to use the phone?

Mister Bup posted:

And yeah. The game only scraped by with an M-rating and they had to cut out the nudity (nude texture files in the files still if you're into naked people's skins stretched out) to get there. There won't be a kid tommy.

To be fair, it's not like any of the counselors will be getting up to any pre-marital sex after Jason murders a guy right in front of them.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

joylessdivision posted:

Much like the MPAA, the ESRB has to be dickholes about a little blood and nudity. I'm not saying we need a sex mini game or anything, but I think someone mentioned adding Vice modifiers to the game, like getting high, having sex, taking a shower etc that would boost the counselor, which would be pretty drat cool, but this is also a game that's flooded with screechy voiced teenagers who would spend entire matches in the shower to look at the nude models.

Teenager smeenagers, I'd get that hot Chad rear end into a shower asap.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Can someone explain to me why the gently caress combat mode locks on to other counselors? Going toe-to-toe with Jason, someone comes to help, and I immediately switch targets mid-swing and murder him :ughh:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

I also think it's P2P given the huge range in pings I get.

Yea, I'm European and I'm regularly getting Americans and Japanese players in my games.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Had my first 8/8 run as Jason. Mostly came about because the last 5 people, including Tommy, all made a mad dash for the blue car, ran into my traps, and when I morphed in they decided to mob me rather then run away and during the manic melee they got taken out by my swings (including a triple-kill :black101).

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, Shift-grabbing I'm pretty sure is 95% of Jason kills, which is a little lovely because it's way too easy. I'm not a fan of playing Jason so I hardly ever do, but when I do I kill most of the counselors and I'm pretty much just phoning it in the whole time.

Jason's grab let's you do an auto kill almost instantly sometimes and it feels cheap, costs him nothing and is seemingly random. They should change it so that Jason can get an instant kill but it's a lame one where he uses up a throwing knife in the process to stab the counselor and it should net him a lot less points. The other kills should take longer to be able to execute giving the counselor time to QTE out of the grab but they're free for Jason to pull off.

The QTE element should also be based around stamina: Mashing E allows you to fill the bar up as fast as you can, at the cost of stamina, once your stamina wears out it will only fill up at a set limit. This way it comes down to Jason wearing out the counselor's stamina rather than having his grab kills be instant and free, as you chase someone they're going to use up Stamina to run, but if you grab them they're going to use up more to break free of your grasp, Jason would slowly whittle away stamina so you're basically dead in the water without it and then his grab kill would be earned since you wouldn't be able to mash out of his grip in time.

I'd prefer it to be based off of fear. Make the kills charge up based on how much fear the counselor has when grabbed. A counselor with low fear can easily throw off Jason's grip before he can start a kill while a counselor pissing their pants has no chance because the kill charges up almost instantly. It would prevent bullshit early grabs and foster a more intelligent playstyle based around smashing generators and windows spreading the fear around and less around shift-grabbing the first person you see.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

You'd be surprised.

No, no I wouldn't. I spent ages in one round looking for the propeller as I has fueled the boat and Jason and the rest of the counselors stuck to the other side of the map. Eventually, Jason came for me. I flare gunned him, dove into the building nearest the boat and grabbed a weapon that I had seen earlier on the table.

It wasn't a weapon, it was the propeller :negative: I deserved my death after that.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Wait a minute, none of these are Yakkety Sax!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
My favourite Jason is Part 2, mainly because he fits into my playstyle of making sure the counselors don't get the objectives without killing them for at least 5 minutes but making sure I scare the bejesus out of them. Lots of traps means I can secure objectives easily, quick morph means I can get around and secure objectives and smash generators, and running means I can keep up with most people and make sure they are nice and terrified for when the gloves come off and I start murdering.

Basically, I play Jason like he's a cat toying with his prey.

• Locked thread