Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

So here's a scenario I had in beta a lot:

Everyone loved playing Vanessa, shes fast as gently caress and had the biggest stamina pool. Unfortunately she's dumb as rocks and takes forever / has a hard time doing the QTE's. I loved playing Jason VII, and he cannot run. He can't even come close to Vanessa's speed. So there you are, in the end game, with Vanessa and Jason VII who cannot run. She's been running DbD style all game from Jason, but now she's all alone. Vanessa sucks at fear, so I can now see her a mile away, running in the woods. I morph to her area. She sees me and the chase begins. I use shift, and get to within a few feet of her - she books it again fast as she can, running to a cabin to put some distance between us. She makes it to the cabin, while I'm still a bit away from it. She tries to be clever and hop out a window on the opposite side, but my sense is already back and I can see her doing this. Now morph is back and I'm close again. She hides in a different cabin, but this one is already trashed, with a dead body inside which spooks her for a second. With no choice, she jumps through a broken window and is now injured, moving slower.

The chase repeats itself, me shifting and morphing close. It is inevitable now. She will run out of stamina. Perhaps it takes another shift where I land a machete hit on her, but now she is heavily injured and slow. Too slow. Slower than Jason VII.

She is filleted like a fish.

well guess I'm buying this game now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

MinibarMatchman posted:

figured single player wouldnt be on launch but this looks like everything I wanted Evolve to be, including the option to have loving parties with your friends for both Jason and camp counselors, which Evolve inexplicably did not allow.

:psyduck: The more I hear about Evolve's launch, the more it baffles me. Its amazing how they had a great concept for a game and completely loving blew it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is that Lee from the Walking Dead game?

More specifically, its Dave Fennoy, who's done a shitton of voice acting for games and TV.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
ki ki ki
ma ma ma

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Maybe maybe maybe
you you you

should release the game for the rest of us you buncha jerks.

:argh::argh::argh:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Most of them are uninteresting "Do common thing X amount of times" but there are secret achievements that might hint at how to kill Jason. Put on Pamela's sweater?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

BeigeJacket posted:

Maybe it's me entering my 'old man yells at cloud' phase, but I just do not get streamers or twitch.

Watching someone who plays a game at a high level or is entertaining is interesting. Someone who is bad at the game and continually jabbers nonsensically over it is not, yet some of them do quite well. Its beyond me.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
How the gently caress did you guys decrypt so fast

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
So apparently you can't remap the controls. So that's a thing.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Did two quick games, escaped unscathed as the driver of the car in both. Game is pretty fun.

EDIT: Also, both victories were achieved by leaving someone else to die at some point so abandon morality if you want to git gud.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 26, 2017

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Its kind of weird and a little lovely that Fear is an incredibly key mechanic for both counselors and Jason but its not explained anywhere in game as far as I've seen.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Coolguye posted:

How To Play, 3rd page of the counselor guide:

e: this isn't meant to be snotty, sorry if it came off that way. it is in the game though.

Yeah my bad. I had a pretty good idea of how to play from streams/this thread so I never bothered to check the How to Play.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

We have page 26 soon tho.

Don't let me down, goons!

Look, page 13 was fun and all but it was also kind of tedious and ki ki ki ma ma ma'ing for every multiple of 13 is gonna run that joke into the ground real fast.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Half of the team is Vanessas. They sprint to and fro, blank-eyed and silent, ever screaming at distant bird chatter.

This is what hell is like.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Haven't been having any solo problems on PC this morning, but queueing as a group is hosed.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yeah its pretty small and unassuming so a lot of people miss it.

Is there a way to tell where a phone is located without randomly wandering around looking for the fuse box?

Nope, though like somebody earlier said, the fuse frequently seems to spawn in the building that the box is attached to. So if you find a fuse, do a quick once-around the building to see if the box is there.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Alteisen posted:

I don't use a mic and I take everything I find including the car keys. :smug:

I hope you appreciate the car that I singlehandedly repaired before getting gutted while you were jacking off in a corner you gently caress

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Either Jason's Morph ability needs to be delayed or counselors need to not be spawned next to cars/the phone. Multiple times now I've been insta-killed because I spawn near the car and Jason (reasonably) morphs there first to lock it down. Been the Jason a few times in that equation as well.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Got a goon group with a couple of slots left, message Tinfoil via Steam.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Donnerberg posted:

So there's a pubbie strat I don't quite get,

Step 1. Stun Jason.
Step 2. Linger near the stunned Jason.
Step 3. Get hosed.

but boy do I appreciate their sacrifice.

I watch a car of 3 pubbies crash into Jason and just fuckin' musical chairs around it, trying to get into the driver's seat and start it up. Each time, Jason plucked them out and murdered them. It was absolutely bizarre to watch.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Has the upstairs of that place ever gone right for anyone? It's always a festival of death from what I've seen.

Get there early, scour it fast, leave it forever for the pubs who will have to choose between a two story fall and a bladed implement in the groin.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Goddamn but I love hearing a pub shout THE JUKES while dodging Jason in the car...into a tree.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
STOP
SPRINTING
YOU DUMBASS
MOTHERFUCKER

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It seems like they need to up XP or encourage people to use the environmental kill methods...if for my viewing pleasure, if nothing else.

The problem is that you can break free so quickly, even as one of the lower strength characters, that getting an environmental kill only happens if you are right next to the appropriate object.,

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Save two pubbies as Jarvis

"I'm Jarvis. Y'all get in the car and go"

*driver immediately backs over me*

Randomly spawn as Jenny, completely alone in a corner of the map. Start digging through houses, get lucky with finding car keys and LIKE A RESPONSIBLE GODDAMN COUNSELOR I PUT THEM NEXT TO THE loving CAR. Hunt down and find all of the goddamn car parts, including managing to lose Jason once thanks to Jenny's amazing Composure. But Jason has trapped the car battery repair point and Jenny's Repair stat sucks so I know its about to get dodgy. Sure enough, I fix the battery but Jason teleports in moments later and the chase is on.

At this point, a pubbie playing Adam arrives. He accomplishes nothing other than running around and screaming, completely missing a flare gun shot while I'm vaulting between cabins trying to lose Jason cause that fucker is THIRSTY for me. I blow two first aids and a pocket knife getting away from him but I finally manage to shake him. I return to the car...and find that the keys are gone. Adam must have picked them up and is now up north of me, the same area as Jason's icon.

Still managed to survive that game but gently caress publords forever.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Donnerberg posted:

This changes if you're a monster who plays Vanessa. Then you should always sprint and make sure your rest breaks are near other players that'll suffer the consequences of your loud rear end.

Also make sure that you're constantly running through dark woods before you stop near other players.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Its down to me (as Jenny) and an AJ. The two-seater car has already left but AJ managed to call the cops while I distracted Jason. I then took Jason on an INTENSE POWER-WALKING SESSION through some woods, loving dropping his rear end with a pipe wrench when I needed to regen stamina. The pipe wrench owns, always take the pipe wrench.

AJ later had her face replaced with a spear and I casually strolled off to the cops after shooting Jason with a shotgun some irresponsible camper left lying in the middle of the street.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Wren610 posted:

OK its been mentioned up thread concerning The Chad and pocket knives the two back to back matches I played as him I found the phone fuse within the first 2 minutes.

I almost wonder if the game doesn't decide what's in a drawer till its opened and Luck somehow affects that.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mister Bup posted:

Worst environmental kill aside from ground-floor window is probably folding chair. Even in an F13 game I can't take it seriously.

I haven't seen the folding chair kill but ground floor window kill is hilarious and emphasizes that this is a comedy game.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Phyresis posted:

lmao i don't think so jason, you'll never get me inside harry potter's cupboard under the stairs

Looks like you are protected.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I will take any advantage I can get over Tinfoil personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Look. I want to watch this zombie slasher Cold War arms race film.

I feel like there's potential somebody shop it to Blumhouse

• Locked thread