Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sdoots posted:

Adam Sessler is working on this in some capacity, I think? So that's kind of cool.

I really dig the way they are using Tommy.

The last two big games Sessler promoted were Evolve (definitely not what you want to think about in terms of how this game could go) and Evil Within (ran like garbage across consoles) so his reverse Midas touch worries me, though I do like him.

I love the premise and if it does well maybe they can branch into Elm Street poo poo or Child's Play and poo poo like that. The promotion for the game initially put me off (it was just compilations of brutal kills that felt weird to show one after the other) but this game could potentially be a much better version reverse version of Evolve, with more players and a potentially faster pace since the monster is near-omnipotent. I would absolutely play this with friends constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

each Jason skin has specific traits?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

Nothing major, but each Jason had small buffs or debuffs, for instance one Jason couldn't sprint at all, but he was faster than the others when it came to walking under the water. None of the traits were major enough and I don't think there was one Jason that was objectively better than the others so it was all preference. Pretty sweet.

Also, the sleeping bag kill was apparently in the beta, you have to kill a counselor that was hiding in a tent which I never saw anyone do. I love that poo poo though.

I watched a gameplay video with the axe-wielding Jason who could not only run, but cause "VHS" glitches and teleport, so I assume that's his special quality

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

figured single player wouldnt be on launch but this looks like everything I wanted Evolve to be, including the option to have loving parties with your friends for both Jason and camp counselors, which Evolve inexplicably did not allow.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

From my totally normal level of obsessiveness, I noted the following from the latest trailer:

Jason VI weaknesses:
  • Defense
  • Can't Run
  • Morph
*Strength which can be seen appears to be "(something) throwing knives" My guess is either extra or starts game with them rather than having to find.

Jason VIII weaknesses:
  • Sense
  • Can't run
  • Grip Strength

Jason IX weaknesses:
  • Can't run
  • Less hit points (?)
  • Morph

what does "Morph" mean?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

chh chh chh

kahh kahh kahh

best take I've seen so far is from NeoGAF: "Jason seems OP" lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I want to dive into this tomorrow butt naked so much but after being burned extremely badly by Evolve I'm a little hesitant. Are there any streams that were saved on YouTube or something recently that I can watch that are good?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

are all the streams just PC or is any footage from console?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

played a bunch of games on this with friends and it was really fun and entertaining even though I never got Jason in any game. Also for some reason the badges reset for me? Though I still had all my CP earned and poo poo. loving dumb. Anyways game has a lot of promise even if it does seem janky as loving hell with some animations---clipping is laughable, everyone clips through everything. Also why can't I climb over a loving fence if I'm being chased?

Have the devs said that they'll add more besides singleplayer mode? Wondering if more Jason designs/perks/counselors will come later.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

had a game wherein myself and 2 other Debbies + a Jenny were frantically getting all the car parts together, then a guy apparently has the keys but doesn't loving know how to start the car. Another Debbie starts screaming obscenities and wants to kill Dumb Debbie to get the keys. Slashes at me, a Debbie, by mistake, then engages in a knife fight with Dumb Debbie. As Mad Debbie and Dumb Debbie fight, I look up the road and see Jason ambling towards us LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnrnD7OQr3I

Also had a game where a Jason player was ENRAGED he couldn't get me due to my clever use of windows and shotguns as Tommy. Outlasted him for final 2 minutes and he was pissed.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 27, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I was in a room where I guy was upset he was picked to be Jason. Motherfucker after 2 days I haven't been Jason loving once, be happy you get to be Jason!

I've only just gotten used to knowing Jason Part 2/3 can be legit fought due to stun/health cons on those versions. Twice me and another guy had knocked out one of them. I like how it not only supports the idea that this early Jason wasn't quite demonic/superhuman yet, but also balances out the fact that these Jasons can run. Works out nicely.

Maybe I'm forgetting my lore though because didn't Jason mainly use the machete in more movies? I only saw one Jason start with it, idk if you can switch weapons as Jason.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

weekly font posted:

This is the best example of a game where it's better to be lucky than good and in the long run I think that will probably kill it

on the other hand it means anything can happen which I kind of like, I've had runs where Jason just destroys 3 people in the first moments and other where he just makes bad decisions and can't get everyone

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

most Jasons I find have been silent or some guy saying "give Jason a hug don't you wanna be friends with me?"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think the devs need to immediately think about making a new animation for when Jason is stunned. Jesus how could you think just having him stand still looked ok, it's like the most distracting half-finished thing in the game, at least have him take a knee.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

game is ultra fun with a full party of people you know especially if you can do private matches and rotate Jason around. I hope they continue to add more maps and poo poo for it. I get why it's not for everyone and I'm sure the Steam reviews are full of poo poo-tier reviews but this embodies the horror movie feel perfectly.

I did however end up losing a perfect match when the last person was hiding in a closet and glitched out, making it impossible for me to open the door to get him. gently caress that. Must be the 2nd time a closet glitch happened.

Longest matches so far were one where I hid in a tent for 7 mins and survived, Jason not knowing where the gently caress I was ( a campground far away from houses) and another match where as Jason it took me forever to find the cabin where someone was in a closet.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Well, that was weird. Went 7/8 as Jason and was chasing an AJ - she dived into a tent but I wasn't able to get the interact prompt to drag her out and kill her. Showed up on sense and could be heard everything, just not be touched; even the guy playing her was confused.

Weirder still when the timer ran out and he got a "You survived!" message, I still received the trophy for killing everyone and Tommy, along with the bonus experience for doing so. :psyduck:

literally have had this happen twice but with closets, once when I was Jason and another time when I was a person inside the closet. not idea why this interaction glitch happens but it's def the worst feeling when you have 1 person left and this bug prevents the game from being completed for real

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

weekly font posted:

The Kotaku review is the text version of that old video game review where the critic was clearly awful at video games.

it's barely a review, it was like a spit take article from someone who clearly didn't give a poo poo about the game and probably made up their mind after like 30 minutes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

all these patches makes me think they should have waited until the real Friday the 13th in loving October instead. At least then the game wouldn't break so often or have new games to contend with. See what happens when you don't stick to tradition, devs????

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

rolled a perk that was "start with big map automatically" with 0% for negatives lol. seems kind of a ridiculous perk

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

they didn't even reach goals for stuff like Tommy or several kills and did it anyway so I feel like if the game continues, they'll put out more poo poo---only after they fix matchmaking and a bunch of other janky poo poo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

does Jason not get notifications on the map about the Police showing up, had 2 matches where everyone got away and he never Morph'd over to that area to block us off. Maybe they were just incredibly bad Jasons? idk why you wouldn't immediately warp to where the car shows up.

Patch on console at least seems to have fixed poo poo; waiting for a match went from like 5 to 10 minutes down to 30 or 40 seconds.

kid sinister posted:

Yeah, gently caress the disabled. Serves em right for getting run over or their fingers shot off in Iraq. gently caress lefties too while we're at it.

Occasionally people that aren't massive pieces of poo poo like you also like to play games.

literally the only posts you make in this thread have been "ARE THERE CUSTOM KEYBINDINGS YET" ad infinitum when you can just Google this poo poo, so maybe save your high horse take until you have something loving worthwhile to contribute

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe it's just me but I love using sewerboy Part 7 Jason for the enhanced senses and water speed ain't that bad either--sometimes I use it as a shortcut around the water area to move places faster and juke people loving around near the edge. shame most people in games don't try swimming often (maybe because finding the propeller is sometimes less likely than car battery/gas, plus gas usually will be closer to a car) but man when you catch someone near the water and one-hit KO them, it owns.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The boat is rarely used because the propeller is 3x3 pixels and always spawns under a pile of leaves in a dark area 2 maps over.

can it really spawn outside? I found it only once in a house and barely recognized it in the dark. The Jason in that game knocked out all the lights in every house, making things much harder.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

someone got killed while installing the car battery and the battery was dropped onto the hood of the car, making it impossible for any of us to interact with it or pick it up lol.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Axetrain posted:

Jason III is the most boring but I think he's actually the most effective, also he doesn't really look like a serial killer so much as a disgruntled dad upset with the kids.

I always go with the "disappointed dad" voice when playing as him. I get him often but haven't had any trouble with Jason 7 and Spear Jason; having things like Enhanced Sense helps more than the running speed sometimes since it in turn makes Morphs a little more reliable.

kid sinister posted:

I did. There's like zero posts on it since the game was released. You got a problem with me asking people who would know the best?

I'd have something to contribute if I could, you know, actually play, smart guy.

ok well I'll leave alone before you decide to do something like dox me and file a report lol

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 8, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Danaru posted:

I find Jontron's material funny and I still hope to see him admit he's only being a nazi because "heh, le SJWs? :grin:" and sort his poo poo out :( He used to cap out at "sorta lovely gamer" until he got enough validation from the nazi crowd that he dove face first into that poo poo

he hasn't made any material in like 8 months, too busy doing important poo poo like getting mad on twitter constantly

KOMI posted:

I know it's Reddit, but jesus loving christ I find myself becoming frustrated trying to rationalize the arguments they are making against the Devs. I really do hope that the Devs are thick skinned and realize this will blow over when everyone loses interest by the next content patch release.

I guess what I'm saying is I actually like this game more than I have any right to, and would like to not see it get ruined by the sheer number of loving babies who are full of stupid, uneducated opinions which consistently get upvoted.

Friday the 13th has been a digital bestseller for like a month and a half so I wouldn't worry, reddit is a microcosm of morons that wont matter in the long run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

a lot of great changes and fixes in this patch. Happy that Gun Media has stuck it through this far and it keeps improving; I'll need to take advantage of that XP weekend since I'm only like.....level 20

• Locked thread