Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I think this game will get old after like 2 weeks, but i want it just so i can play horrible meme music whenever i catch someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
ki ki ki
ma ma ma

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Carebearz posted:

i think you missed the point here, this post was about how Reddit is a bunch of crybabies and not about Twitch streamers.

He didn't miss the point at all because streamers should be given exclusive access to anything, especially not over backers. If they are, it inflates their ego.

Skyscraper posted:

Seriously, this. I know why they do it, it's free marketing, but every time I see streamers marketing a game I can't play, I want to play it less. Wildlands did this too.

Yeah, I hate the majority of streamers because they're so bad at games. It's why I can only watch pro streamers. They might not have the wacky personalities (bonus imo) but they're good at showing off a game which is important for me, because i'm watching to see if its worth buying.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Kelp Plankton posted:

No you see, Reddit are children because they're upset about streamers playing games early, but I am a mature adult who is upset about streamers getting games early, it's totally different, because, something about ego

Those aren't the same people, dude

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Drunken Baker posted:

YOU GOTTA SEND EVERY loving COP JASON IS KILLING U- *audio file cuts out early*

"Huh, those crazy kids"

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
This game is still getting active support? What happened to everyone claiming it'd be dead in 3 months?

Single player mode's gonna encourage me to get a copy.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
You probably should, in the overchill discord if we talk politics and it annoys someone we just stop, tbh.

Not worth it, gaming is better.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm still not good at DbD, but i'm not exactly high enough to run these weird perk specs and i'm doing fine? Rank 9 right now, don't particularly play much.

They recently buffed a ton of the killers (and they're doing it more) so Wraith, Hag and Trapper are good.

Good survivor gameplay is mostly "don't do dumb poo poo" and "be near a pallet". It's not particularly deep but its fun to play with my friends.

My rank is probably hurt a bit by my tendency to DC whenever I go up against someone playing Freddie though. He's not "powerful" but he's loving miserable to play against. They're buffing him too, sadly.

Either way DbD and F13 aren't really the same game. I still remember watching a guy systematically shift grab kill everyone in a f13 lobby and there is nothing like that in DbD.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I don't really see anyone angrily talking about it right now so maybe gently caress off for now and come back when people are actually doing that?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I for one am offended that people are taking about a dumb asymmetrical game about a killer trying to kill people in a thread about a dumb asymmetrical game about a killer trying to kill people.

I'm real angry. Who would ever think that people might possibly compare the two and that people might have different favourites.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
They're both cool with friends, actually.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Nah I see your point, the deaths are pretty good in F13, I really liked watching a dude play through the single player and get all the special kills.

I like both, but I prefer watching F13 and playing DBD. F13 is goofier, but the drawn out chases in DBD is fun and very much like a horror film ending sequence run.

It's a shame you apparently have to like one and hate the other though :rolleyes:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The random fluff is really cool, yeah

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
At the very least, the pighead thing is in the game.

Freddie was boring and i wish they did more with him instead of "its a bit foggy" and "he's invisible". I'd loving love it if he could turn a chest into a mimic or something.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I have no qualms with DbD and am glad people enjoy it. I would have played more but the community was so goddamn toxic.

"How DARE you kill me in this game about killing! Get gud!"

-Someone after hook 3 when they were wasting time teabagging after every window / pallet.

Honestly that makes it more fun for me.

It's like people who DC when Jason throws them through a window in F13. It's a game about being killed, so much salt, I wonder how these people function.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I want an asymmetrical horror game that's actually scary but I think multiplayer makes that inherently harder.

I'm actually thinking last year will be poo poo, what i've seen hasn't been impressive and it looks like it has more downtime than DbD, which I thought was impossible. F13 was probably the fastest of all the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Hitting him with a bat and then booking it is loving hilarious.

Even more when it doesn't work.

• Locked thread