Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

weekly font posted:

I'm so loving hard for NES Jason yall

I'm phone posting but trailer is on twitter. 13K free CP, double XPweekend on the 23rd, two new outfits per character, NES Jason with a chiptune soundtrack. All free on the 20th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWdlN5b25Tk

:flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lasher posted:

I believe they said Freddy Vs Jason could never happen due to licensing. Jason X (and Uber, i think) were stretch goals that they're doing anyway! Along with Pamela. No idea when though.

Oh man where did you hear that?! I need confirmation

Also I know they definitely said they aren't doing any other franchise crossovers but it would be really cool if sometimes instead of Tommy you summoned Ash. I am not dumb enough to think that will actually happen though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Mortal Kombat Jason also a possibility, though I don't know what he could bring to the table that's original beyond shouting FATALITY when he kills someone.

I actually just got Mortal Kombat XL the other day and I was noting how much worse their design for Jason is than the actual movie versions. Not that I am against more Jason choices but he's really generic.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Hockles posted:

They'd also have to change up the intro to not have the killer shown anymore, since it would give away what type of killer you'd be facing.

gently caress that the game doesn't truly begin until you see Chad react to Generic McDeadguy's murder. The full viewing of the murder is essential.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Apparently they've said on rebbit now that he's just Part 3 stat-wise.

If this is true no one is ever going to play Part III Jason again.

eggyolk posted:

Installed. I really don't mind being a total novice flailing around the map so long as Jason wastes some time on me and not other productive players.

Really this is the right attitude. This is not a tryhard minmax of a game. You shouldn't be flipping out if you die.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Hey I play this a lot on PS4 and my username is codenamefangio on there so please add me 😎:cool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Yeah PS4 version is pretty good except no one has their 13,000 xp.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

The 8-bit Jason music is so ominous.

It somehow encapsulates the Friday The 13th feeling the best out of any of the in game music.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Are there really a perk where you get a few extra XP each round?

Yeah it's called THE GRIND or something. The version I got was terrible and I sold it but it exists.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Phyresis posted:

October 13th falls on a Friday this year

lol if you hadn't already looked this up for the purposes of this game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Like ten minutes ago I opened a drawer and took out the keys and then when I came back the drawer was closed and contained ... another pair of keys? :raise:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

My favorite moments so far have been whenever I manage to whack Jason with a bat from behind while he's either busy chopping a door or trying to catch someone.

Its like equivalent to a surprise "Pocket Sand!" attack.

I am going to shout "sh-SHAH" next time I do that

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

...and the pitch! posted:

I'm a big enough wimp that I'm not even playing as Jason yet. Too scary!

edit: I know it doesn't make any sense.

I understand. There is a lot of pressure to kill everyone. You can do it. I believe in you.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sent out a bunch of PS4 friend requests. I need relief from the screeching children. I need screeching goons, instead.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Axetrain posted:

So where's 8 bit Jason, I don't see him as an unlock.

You press a button to change the skin on Jason III during customization. He is the only one who has this option.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I had a kid in a public room ask why Retro Jason was a thing and I felt super old explaining it to them.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

God there's nothing more boring than kids who glitch to untraceable spots and wait out the game.

I have never seen one of these people actually survive the match, personally. But yeah, it is poo poo and makes me wonder why they would even play. Besides Jason kill unlocks and perk stuff points are not super important and if you are spending your game time in walls perks are not doing you much good anyway.

Ok so on an unrelated note are Pamela tapes even real?? I thought I saw something that said they only could be found on Fridays but I played pretty much all day yesterday and found gently caress all. I should have found at least one you game developer bastards :argh:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Soup du Journey posted:

whys the stupid developer lecturing me about not "believing" in his game about a slasher flick? is it brain damage or something? thats pretty tragic

uh what

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Man that is the worst way to complain about Savini Jason being backer exclusive that I have ever seen.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Soup du Journey posted:

im sorry i offended u codenameFANGIO. i havent bought the game yet, and i dont have any strong opinions about my jason treat, but seeing unpleasant devs always makes me wonder what other cruel stupidities they have in store for me.

anyway, i think THIS klurf is gonna vote with its wallet and stay FAR away!!

:geno:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Soup du Journey posted:

i guess. i mean, here's how i've seen other devs handle that: "hello i am the dev. at this time we have no plans to sell backer rewards as dlc. okay goodbye"

talking to me, a stranger who walked in off the street, about believing and missing out and blah blah blah makes me think im dealing with chris roberts. a real PINHEAD if you ask me.

i didnt think that would be a controversial reaction for me to have, but it seems ive interrupted a drum circle here? im so sorry about that...

lmao, Jesus Christ

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I would like to state that I play this video game ... but ... I am awesome and definitely not a nerd.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Also, I enjoy the game in a cool, laid back way while smoking weed and drinking wine, whereas the way you enjoy it is stupid.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Spacebump posted:

I don't care to know how it's done but what does the wall glitch do? Does it just get people stuck in the walls?

Yeah you glitch into or through a wall and Jason can't get to you. Super fuckin' fun poo poo.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

reignofevil posted:

I guess once we get a sequel we'll know for *foam begins spilling out of mouth*

They made a comic of the proposed Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash, I don't know if it was actually any good.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Phyresis posted:

I can think of a hundred ways that humanity could deal with Jason Voorhees irl. All kinds of containment options, the sky's the limit.

For example, we could cryogenically freeze him. He wouldn't escape for hundreds of years!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Am I the only one who just plain does not get the XP you earn? I mean I understand the XP is not really a huge deal and the level bar seems to actually go up for the most part but I can't buy all the stuff I think I should be able to and that is a little lame. :smith:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

i cant believe there are friday the 13th novels worth $500

what the gently caress kind of world do we live in

We spun off from the main universe a couple years ago and now we're a bizarre imaginary story so expect things like this from here on out.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

I know this game is choc-a-bloc with bugs, but has anybody else had trouble setting a trap right in front of a door? Is that just a thing that's always been fucky and I didn't know because I never set traps as a counselor? Whenever I try to set a trap inside a cabin in front of the door I always drop it at chest height and then can't set it.

I always end up undoing the bar on the door instead

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Nicaden posted:

Hey I have a question. I'm on PS4 so I was wondering how do I report glitchers? I've been using Share Play to record glitchers, but I can't really find a way to send the video to Gun. If anyone could help me with that, I'd appreciate it.

I think we have to wait for the Report button to show up in a console update. Otherwise it is smug 10-year-olds gloating about how they survived. 😑

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

Are there any PS4 regulars who would like to do private matches on a regular basis? Half of the quick play matches I do end with spending ten minutes watching people hangout on the roof.

Add everyone listed in the OP and also me if I am not listed in the OP. I am codenamefangio. It's not too tough to get a group together in the evenings.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I watched remake last night and I lol'ed at Ensign Ro being Paula Vorhees for thirty seconds, the entire time it takes to explain the plot of Friday the 13th part one. Then I lol'ed at Sam Winchester being the main character and having no acting range besides being Sam Winchester. Then I lol'ed at the Chadliest Chad I have ever seen, like, Chad is based on this guy completely.

All in all a mediocre movie at best. Kinda looks like they based Mortal Kombat Jason on this one so they can just use him as a stand in if they really want, not that anyone is clamoring for any of that.

I will be pissed if Paula comes out and you can't make her Nana Visitor I will tell you what.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I can't believe I did either of those things but I also do not feel bad about them.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Playing on PS4 this afternoon and I found something I'd never seen before. Entered a cabin and in one of the small, windowless rooms was the body of the dude who gets murdered in the intro.

No comment from my councilor. No noticeable change in fear. Just a bloodied blue shirted corpse.

Haha I saw him stashed in a bathtub once and never again, I thought I was crazy.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

...who only wears a hockey mask because he's a former soviet Olympic goalie turned horrifying experimental zombie soldier.

Look. I want to watch this zombie slasher Cold War arms race film.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cythereal posted:

May sound weird, but am I alone for thinking Michael Bay could direct a good F13 movie?

He produced the remake and walked out of the premiere because there was too much sex. So no.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Yea clearly banning people should be a priority in a game that's hemorrhaging players and will probably be forgotten in like a month.

Jesus Christ Alteisen my dude, do you ever get tired of being wrong because you have made a dumb assumption

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Haha, so on the topic of the ban stuff, this is the top review on the game right now, saw it from elsewhere and then went to check myself.

Now knowing hokey rear end stories like this from 100 different places, I looked into it some because he sounds full of it. Like 3 pages into the discussion and you get this gem.

And a whole one more page comes up with this.

GUYS IT'S SUCH AN INJUSTICE THAT A BIG SEXIST rear end in a top hat GOT BANNED, HE JUST WANTED TO CALL PEOPLE FAGS :qq:

Ah, now Alteisen's post makes more sense.

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 6, 2017

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Apple2o posted:

Butthurt liberals always bringing up politics in completely unrelated situations. This thread is supposed to be for bitching about how terrible this game is.

This game is awful and only "good" if you play with friends or strangers with mics and that is pretty much every game ever so it doesn't get points for that.

Otherwise it's a buggy, laggy, unbalanced, grief-prone mess. So many random teamkillers combined with gamebreaking bugs; like being literally invincible in the car if you are driving in the opposite direction as Jason (cause for some reason you can only slam on hoods if they are driving towards you, makes sense!).

If I didn't make so much money id feel robbed of that 40 bucks :smuggo:

Okay dude.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

If your don't have counselor choice set to Random then just lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Getting Lachappa is just an excuse to bust out a whiney Woody Allenesque dweeb voice and talk about Dungeons and Dragons

• Locked thread