Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh snap I didn't realize there was a thread for this, now I can stop randomly drive by-ing the "little things in games" thread in PYF :v:

What's the general consensus on low stealth characters? I apparently have a wicked low luck skill in real life because 90% of the time, Jason's on my rear end within the first minute of the game regardless of who I play as, so I started playing more as Buggzy and just going full on Enforcer. I've heard people say both hang around the others to protect them, and get away from them to not lure Jason over.

Also how do I get survivors to stop ditching me as I heroically whoop Jason's rear end to protect them :mad: I had Tommy Jarvis steal the two seater once and leave the map when we were the only two people left in the camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

weekly font posted:

I really like popping Sense, Stalk and Shift all at once. You get a big highlight of who you're after, if you start slightly out of range they don't know you're coming, then they're loving dead. I've inflicted some decent jumpscares using this on houses with open doors.

It is almost definitely not optimal, but it's Jason as hell.

Stalk is wonderful, I had one round with two people inside a cabin, I smash out all the windows but one, then stalk just behind the corner. Sure enough one of the counselors decides "sweet he left" and climbs out, only for me to grab her and hurl her right back through the window :black101:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I want to use the Machette all the time as Jason, but Part 7 trades Shift for Water Speed and just ugh :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I got a 7/8 once because someone killed themselves after everyone else was dead :smith: Just let me have it, dude

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Basebf555 posted:

I actually didn't get the 8/8 technically, the eight person left after I'd grabbed them but before I could execute the grab kill, so I'm counting it. I had them dead to rights. The main thing is that everyone in the lobby knew I wiped them all out.

Edit: And there's not much as satisfying as stopping a packed 4-seater car and watching them all scatter, then hunting them down as they each make feeble attempts at trying to distract me long enough to start it again. Once people have that car started they really hate to give up on it. And the salt is even tastier when they thought they had a good chance to escape and you just crush their hopes and laugh in their face.

I did this one time but also slammed down a bear trap in front of the driver side door. It was the wackiest slaughter as people kept trying to get around it whenever I was ripping heads off

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've tried a couple times to gently caress with people, like one time I saw Chad running with a stick into a cabin, so I challenged him to a duel. No grabs or first aid spray, if he can knock me to the ground I let everyone live. He jumped out a closed window and ran into the woods.

I caught up with him and two other people in another cabin, smashed all the windows and stood in front of the door, telling them if they opened the door and let me kill Chad, I'd let the other two live. They actually did open the door, but Chad loving bailed again. I held up my end of the bargain and killed Chad a few minutes later in the woods. I ended up going 5/8 or something like that, those people could have LIVED Chad :mad:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Something I've always been a bit unclear on, Stun is when Jason reels back a bit and still stays up, Damage is for actually knocking him on his rear end an making him hammer the button to get up, right?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Snatch Duster posted:

No, damage is for knocking his mask off. There is two stuns for jason, dazed and knocked out.

Ah poo poo I've been grabbing axes and machettes thinking it would knock him down longer

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Coolguye posted:

i mean there's some other stuff it doesn't really comment on, notably reach and range. the baseball bat is the best for attacking Jason if for no other reason than it actually connects instead of going through his skull half the loving time.

Plus you can yell stuff like "ASSAULT AND BATTERY" and piss Jason off so much he starts tunnel vision-ing you

Play as a fast character and belt out lovely puns to save your friends, is what I'm saying

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TheAnomaly posted:

fun story trime: I was Adam, dude literally morphed next to me as Jason 3 immediately as the game began (I hadn't even gotten to a cabin yet). I managed to turn and book it, and he starts chasing me. I run him from west Cabins in Crystal Lake all the way to the restroom, where he finally gets shift and I hop into to get my stamina back. At this point I tell him "hey, dude, this is a waste of your time. You haven't even gone to an objective yet, you've given them like 4 minutes already, and I can play ring around the potty for days." He finally kills me with five minutes left in the match with the ever so witty line "whose wasting time now?"

You, you dumb gently caress, everyone else escaped while I racked up a ton of xp jumping around grabbing stuff and dodging your pathetic attempts at shift grabbing me. He had already let the four seater escape, the cops be called, and the boat escaped. Last guy escaped as Jarvis for his second escape seconds after I finally ate it. Dude got so much poo poo in the aftergame lobby.

Moral of the story: Don't go chasing people with stam early in the game, you're just going to waste time. That, and the bathroom in crystal lake is going to have several first aid sprays and has tons of room to outmaneuver Jason through windows if he's tunnel visioned you.

This reminds me of a match I played, I already posted about it in PYF but I'm going to slightly-shamefully repost it just because god drat what a round :allears:

Danaru posted:

On the subject of F13 stories, I've been playing as Buggzy lately, a basketball player with top tier strength, speed, and stamina skills, but poo poo all for stealth and repairing, mostly due to my poo poo luck spawning me near Jason near constantly.

Went into a match and surprise, Jason was on me within ten seconds or so. Fortunately I was near an area with three cabins in close proximity, so I went into one, barricaded it, waited for Jason to hit the door, and left through a window. Rinse and repeat for a couple minutes until he caught on to my garbage and started smashing doors the whole way instead of disengaging and chasing after me. Eventually I run out of doors to hide behind, so I crank Jason in the face with a monkey wrench (the only god drat item in any of the cabins) and tear rear end into the woods.

A yellow icon shows up on my map, so I figure it's another place I can hide from Jason. It turns out to be a completely open graveyard, fully stocked with a second god drat monkey wrench and nothing else. Jason's slow rear end finally catches up and gets a solid hit on me with his pickaxe, so I bean him with Wrench 2: The Quickening and knock him down flat. Back into the woods I go.

After a short jog I come across a larger cabin, but I'm out of stamina and at max fear, meaning my hud's gone and my vision's black and white. Jason's on me because I'm slow as gently caress now, so I hurl myself through a closed window and hurt myself, but finally something good! The door's already barricaded!

The door's barricaded because the cabin's already been clean out of stuff like first aid spray. I take a quick glance around anyway and find a map. It turns out that while Jason's been spending all eight minutes or so of the match so far trying to kick my rear end, the rest of the survivors had free reign of the camp, and drove off in the 4-seater car and the boat without me. Jason manages to bust through the door again, so I hop out a window just in time to see Tommy Jarvis drive straight past me and off the map

Then Jason hugged me so hard I died

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sticky Nate posted:

I'm not sure if I don't like playing Jason because I'm not that good at it or because I can't find good music to play over voice while I do it.

Easy

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I legit can't hear it as "ki ki ki ma ma ma" no matter how hard I try. There's no M sound dammit :saddowns:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

s.i.r.e. posted:

This last patch is a loving disaster, my girlfriend's performance has dropped (and it's running all low on 720p) and there's so many god drat crashes if you don't have a high-end system apparently. Our group I guess is composed of mid-range PCs and it's guaranteed that someone's game will crash mid-match and if it happens to Jason then RIP the round.

:stare: I don't like the sound of that, considering my PC is below minimum specs and only runs properly after some data file tweaking

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
First the Babadook, now Jason, the true Gay Agenda starts here :black101:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
OBS is pretty much objectively the correct choice for recording anything

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Holy loving poo poo I always joked about wanting NES Jason but I never thought they'd actually do it :swoon:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If we're sharing cool gameplay bits, this is legit one of my favourite horror movie moments I got to inflict on someone :allears:

https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/870347614591516672

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Played a pubbie game last night that consisted near entirely of me trying to get the car repaired as Buggy while fighting off Jason, meanwhile an AJ who had the keys hid under the bed the entire time until I died, jacked the car, killed two teammates while driving across the map, then got strangled by Jason ten feet from the exit.

I need to join the steam group, holy gently caress pubbies are terrible

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
KI KI KI MA MA MA

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Basebf555 posted:

It's starting to feel like an intended part of the experience. Like, hey let's play some Friday the 13th tonight, I wonder what wacky bug the devs will roll out this time?!?!

As someone who put hundreds of hours into Dead by Daylight, I know this feeling :cripes:

My personal favourite is nearly every time they change the loadout UI, people manage to find a way to open the Killers' inventories, meaning they can mix and match abilities. Seeing Michael Myers sprinting down the road and chainsawing some nerd in half is totally worth the price of admission :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Yardbomb posted:

So someone was testing it (On 4chins) and it seems like different Jasons might actually have a hidden better or worse 'hearing stat', removed from sense stuff I mean. They were showing videos they'd taken of Part 6 and 7, testing it with a buddy in private, while 7 could see AJ's jogging and whatever constantly, 6 was pretty much deaf in comparison. Also it's not just because of rage either, someone mentioned that apparently raged Jasons lose some hearing power(?), but they had another video of calm Part 6 and they still couldn't hear jogging. Unknown if that's something janky going on or if there's just an undocumented mechanic at work, either way what the hell.

"I could reproduce the video just fine, with Jason 6 not able to hear a jogging AJ from close or from afar, so I decided to test other counselors and suddenly found that Jason was able to hear them jogging no matter where he was on the map. After some more testing I figured something out.

All Jasons have a hidden "hearing" stat that is independent of his Sense ability. Jason 6 and 3 have really lovely sound perception and trying to reproduce that video using them will wield the same results as seen in the video. However Part 7 Jason has amazing hearing abilities, and trying to reproduce that video with him will lead to him constantly hearing AJ if she jogs. This is a completely hidden stat that is independent of Sense because both Jason 6 and 7 has a Sense bonus, yet one hears everything while the other is practically deaf."

Part 6
[snip]
Part 7
[snip]

Plaintext links because they're huge and were breaking tables.

Holy poo poo this would explain why I can never seem to find anyone as Part 6 without spamming Sense (and even then :shepface:)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I do wish there was a more monetary reward for playing as a team. It feels like 50% of my deaths are because I saved a counselor, only to be immediately ditched and killed by Jason. One guy even cracked me with a wrench so I went into injured can't-run mode :mad: We're in this together dammit. Like instead of a flat 500 CP for escaping, make it 100 per survivor or something. Playing as counselor is becoming the prisoner's dilemma except also there's a machete wielding rear end in a top hat hanging around

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I swear to god, first Dead by Daylight and now F13, they always schedule double point weekends on the weekends I have to work :mad:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Voicemeeter with virtual audio cables is going to be your best bet, I'm not super sure about a media program that'll let you control it while out of focus though

I've thought about this once or twice :frog:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Motherfucker posted:

gently caress I love being vanessa. 'TRACK AND FIELD BIIIIIIITTTtttttch* I wail as I vanish over the horizon, the jason vainly shifting to the space where I was a minute ago

Same but "YOU CANT HUGGZY THE BUGGZY" especially if they're using the bear hug kill (my personal favourite)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Host it on YouTube with a gibberish name like "ratherturtlegrubbiedubbiepoop" and only share the link here.

Or just make it unlisted :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

King Vidiot posted:

I thought it'd be funny to play as NES Jason using NES Jason's "rules" i.e. you can only attack by moving back and forward and striking once, no Shift ability, and spend a lot of time hiding out in the buildings with the Stalk ability. And of course strafing a lot when you're in a building. Maybe keep this on loop on the mic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfqPnkwrYak

Don't know if kids these days would really get it. They probably think of NES Jason as "Vaporwave Jason" or something.

I've wanted to play the scare chord whenever I spot someone :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Well if you had a sack over your head your hearing would probably be a bit muffled too :colbert:

Considering 7 also has an enhanced Sense, dude's a walking radar dish :stare:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Some dude who made a NES F13 remix of the cabin theme updated his remix and made it longer and it's rad so I figured I'd share it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Speaking of singin' Chad, I keep trying to play as Chad, fix the boat, then drive around the lake with someone singing The Most Precious Treasure by Sharkman Frank, but I never find that drat propeller or it gets stolen before I can be a piece of poo poo :saddowns:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I remember someone saying that apparently most of the dudes just use Kenny's lines even though they have seperate lines for each person, not sure if it's a bug or if they were wrong about that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
So, sort of a tangent, but Jason really blatantly won Freddy vs Jason right? My friends keep saying it was a draw but like, Jason walked out of the lake looking not much worse for the wear while Freddy's literally just a loving head

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like to believe Jason Goes To Hell is a little over seven minutes long and the series ends with Jason being obliterated by mortar fire.

I'd honestly pay the price of admission just for that scene alone

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I finally got around to watching the first F13 movie last night, and holy poo poo Pamela :stonk: That scene where Alice is in the closet, and Pam slams a hole in the door and just smiles at her

Also lol strip monopoly though

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DeathChicken posted:

Pam in the first movie was just the creepiest thing ever. Also took watching it again to make me realize that Mary from Clock Tower was basically her.

:stonk: holy poo poo

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/880225130953265154

So this just happened :stonk:

yeah he caught me and ripped my jaw off. I singlehandedly fueled the car and installed the battery, I only needed the keys :saddowns:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Wanderer posted:

@Jenny2017 5d
woo party in Crystal Lake for spring break! who cares about those 200 murders #fakenews

@Jenny2017 1h
plz contribute
https://www.gofund.me/crystal-lake-funeral-expenses

Man how y'all gonna make me sad in this Friday the 13th thread :smith: poor Morgan she ain't deserve that

EDIT: I opened this on my phone and it gave me a specific gofundme that doesn't show up when I click it in my browser :stare: that's weird

Danaru fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 29, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I went into this round specifically to betray everyone as Chad and escape alone.

https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/880241565712756736

I ended up dying with one QTE left to install the phone fuse. Turns out I'm really bad at not being a team player :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
In a recent game as Jason, a guy ran into a room, opened a window, and hid under a bed. I walked in, ran out to head him off, but thought I lost him, so I went inside to smash a bed out of protest. It legit scared the poo poo out of both of us when blood started flying out :stonk:

• Locked thread