Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ComposerGuy posted:

Agree 100 percent.

It's shipping with 3, which I think is a solid number considering the obvious care that went into map design. I'm hoping we end up with a cruise ship style map a la Part 8 down the line. Maybe instead of cars you have to activate life boats?

I'd also like Part 5's halfway-home ranch thing and the crystal Lake town itself, which shows up a few times in the series.

I'm sort of wondering if eventually down the line it'd be okay to include other classic slashers like Freddy, Leatherface or Micheal Myers with respective maps based on their films. I know, this is a dangerous road to tred, but just something later in the game to spice up the killer selection between good maps and councilors. However, even if this is possible, Myers probably is off the table because he's already in another game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
And while I'm being crazy, I'm also wondering if you could have a two killer face off with 8 survivors. The killers can't really work together as only one can win among them, murdering the councilors empowers the killer that actually offs them and it becomes a hunt to be the stronger slasher while the survivors try to make it out and use the rivalry to their advantage. If the slashers try to work together and try to make it an even split of say 4 for Jason and 4 for Freddy, it allows people to spawn back as Tommy Jarvis or other strong survivors.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

FunkMonkey posted:

This would actually be brilliant and even if it was Jason clones competing I'd love to see it in-game. Whoever kills more is the winner of match and the killer flagging behind gets buffs.

Nah, whoever ends up stronger kills the other killer in a really spectacular kill scene. That's your reward for being the winner and better hunter.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

FunkMonkey posted:

A narrative thing is fine as a spectacular victory scene but if you have the winning player get the buffs and perks it just makes it harder and harder for the losing killer to make a comeback and that's no fun.

You're right, which is why I"ll also allow killers to interrupt kills and for there to be enough survivors to maybe stave off one killer if they either work together or complete enough tasks. Weaker killer can still catch up in a certain time frame, but the more these killers let the survivors either call the cops, ready an escape or complete other objectives, the more they can respawn as stronger survivors, including one that could even give a buffed killer a run for his money, Ash Williams.

Although, there's likely holes in this, I just want to make sure there's a way for the survivors to win, keep it fun for whoever is either killer and provide a satisfying victory for the winner(s).

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 26, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Oh yeah, and is it possible to put the Crispin Glover dance as a taunt or something? Because if not, you're not getting the whole franchise experience.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Eh, if this game is successful they could always just make a Nightmare on Elm-street style clone.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Coolguye posted:

i'm pretty sure i told you this is what would happen when you brought this up in mumble, hahaha

Yeah I stole it from you, what you gonna do about it?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Let grandpa dreadlocks get paid for his voice.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If they don't have some interesting Mother's Day level, they've hosed up.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Do I need to install this weird anti cheat software to play?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Well, I'd like to play this game but all I'm getting is The Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this, after another reinstall. Also no VCRUNTIME140.dll. Um, what the gently caress?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Scalding Coffee posted:

I wish mine was descriptive. Maybe you should post on the steam forum.

Posted to bug report and hoping for a reply soon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Olesh posted:

You're missing your Visual C++ redistributable package.

Check in steamapps/common/F13Game/Engine/Extras/Redist/en-us and try running the installer in there. Off the top of my head, MSVCP140 means you're missing the Visual Studio 2015 package. You can download it directly from Microsoft, but make sure to get the 32-bit (x86) version as well - you need both the 32-bit and 64-bit version unless you're only running a 32-bit OS.

The first one apparently worked and I was able to get into a rando game. But I don't want to die to some oddballs in Japan, I wanna kill or get killed by goons. marv on steam.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a Steam group for this game or is it just console stuff right now?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Explain this game's animations/ragdolls.

A pure joy and delight to see bodies magically jump around in ways that Jason never intended.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Lurdiak posted:

I would kill for that.

Give him swimspeed and extra damage with weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVZXXhbgze4

He will be bright blazing Neon and leave streaks as he moves. No stealth with this Jason. Just pain, for your eyes and for the hole in your chest he just punched in as he Jazzercizes.

  • Locked thread