Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
The beta was fun as hell despite the server issues.

I like the fight you can fight back in a way but you'll get your rear end kicked in a prolonged fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
If you played with friends you could pick who went Jason.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Honestly I'll be down for this too. Only problem is that one of Part II's weaknesses is him having "less HP". If it's true he can't be killed then Part II will be the strongest Jason since he has only two weaknesses. While I love Part II's head sack design it'll get boring only having him all the time.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

I've played the beta and STILL have no idea how to use stealth.

One of the matches I played, I was punk girl and was the last one left and was just crouched going slowly up a road, not in the wilderness or anything and Jason still ended up finding me.

I've heard if done right stealth can be insanely effective but I'm usually one of the first ones to die. What gives? What do I do? The game's loving awesome though, great fun.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Coolguye posted:

the problem is your fear. if you stay in the dark woods for too long your fear goes up, which is what gives Jason the ability to sense you. cutting through the woods is very effective to transit some place, but it's not maintainable. also, don't forget to turn your light on. jason navigates primarily via sense and sound, so your flashlight will not affect your visibility too much and it reduces your fear when it's on.

Ah this makes sense! Thanks.

Also the new Jason ability (which cuts off the alert music as long as you can't see him) is scary as poo poo. I was just minding my own business in one of the cabins and there's no dramatic " OH poo poo" music so I'm thinking I'm safe. Suddenly Jason walks through the door and a very jolly Russian guy shouts down mic" HELLO!". Almost died in real life.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

This rules.

I'm worried that by the time I get around to buying and playing, this game will be all figured out and moments like this will become more frequent and less awesome.

Sounds like you need Jason to be heavily wounded, Tommy to be on the scene and possibly his mum's sweater? Sounds tricky to pull off to me.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Caros posted:

A good player can keep jason busy for five minutes or longer just by moving from cabin to cabin provided they are already locked up and he isn't in rage mode. That same player will get run down in under a minute in the woods because jason will telefrag them.
hear you.

Isn't it designed so that no matter how sneaky you are, the moment you enter a cabin, it lights up the entire building? I'm always nervous as hell entering buildings because of this.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Coolguye posted:

only if your fear is high enough that you are detectable by sense. if your fear is not high enough the cabin will not light up.

in this way, entering a building changes the sense from a pinpoint callout to a small area.

Sounds like fear is massive in this game, I never realized.

Reminds me of Amnesia, which I like.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Givin posted:

Playing a sneaky character you really start to hate the other counselors a lot, especially the athletic chick. She gets afraid at every little fart that happens and when Jason is drawn to her like a bug zapper she runs the gently caress out of there leaving poor little miss nerdy girl to get slaughtered with her 4 runspeed.

This is also acceptable horror trope gameplay.

Vanessa is EVERYWHERE still. They simply look at one stat and think she's the winning ticket. I don't think I've seen any Vanessas survive the game yet.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

So, in theory you could stay in a cupboard, in a well lit cabin and it could take Jason ages to detect you? I might try this when the servers are back.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

[*]The only thing more satisfying than a 7/7 wipe as Jason is leaving people behind in the car as they call you names.
[/list]

For some reason, I read this and thought you meant stealing the survivors' car as Jason and driving off in it while they shout at you.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

I want the servers back up already. :(

I really hope this doesn't damage the game's player count.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

I'm in too.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Following the advice you guys gave, I loving survived the full 20 mins as punk girl. Jason found me near the last 3 minutes and it was basically a game of hide and seek in this one cabin and holy poo poo I was sweating like mad.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Red Mundus posted:

How integral is a mic for this game? If I don't have one am I at a huge disadvantage?

Lone wolfing is very viable. Plus whenever you talk down mic you get heard by Jason if he's nearby, so I'll say no, not really though it does help with group planning obviously.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

Man, there are a lot of people playing the stealthy rocker chick.

She's really really good. Her stealth and composure make it REAL hard for Jasons to find her if she's careful and her repair is decent enough for her to get out on her own. She's the best option for lone wolves by far.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

The boat is honestly the worst escape route, I'll rather wait out the night than use it because you are 100% screwed with how fast some Jasons are in the water.

And that's without morph. There's also the fact you can't see Jason underwater and that when he whacks the boat, you both fall out and are super vulnerable in the water where you can't fight back in any way and could be miles away from land. It's bad.

BillBear fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

Can you swim to the water exit?

Nope.

• Locked thread