Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I just had the most ridiculous pubbie story,which happened to coincide with my first pubbie Adam run- I stumble into this goofy Spanish-speaking guy who was playing Buggsy, who seemed confused. Everyone else just left the poor guy behind to do other things because he didn't speak "American" (the Jason included),but I decide to help him . After a bit of fruitless searching,we get back to the car to find it operational and the keys next to it. The guy hops in and revs the engine,right as Jason teleports next to it. Poor guy begins to shriek in terror as Jason pulls him out of the car. I run up and hit him with my machete. This is when the magic happens. It knocks his mask off and then sends him hurtling into the distance, as both me and the Hispanic guy are laughing our asses off. Then the round ends and it shows Jason as killed. To top it off, the Jason ragequit immediately afterwards.

So basically,this is actually a Dragon Ball Z game in disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

joylessdivision posted:

And considering that Marvel and Star Wars are considered the gold standard for franchises, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Warner (who owns New Line) got the bug up their asses to try and build their own awful cinematic universe with their horror characters.
"I have an army." "We have a Jason."
Everyone hails the writing as brilliant while Joss Whedon jerks himself off.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I have a feeling that the majority of the people whining about this voted for Trump. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 7, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Apple2o posted:

People can cry about him all they want. Clearly nobody here owns stock because I been looking at mine since the election and typically jump for joy.

Towards the game? He can only stop the car if you are driving into him.

You can start driving the car forwards or backwards (wherever Jason isn't approaching you from) and there's pretty much jack all he can do about it unless you are stuck in a tiny alleyway.

He is in front of you? Drive the car backwards, he can't hood slam if you are moving over 1mph backwards even if he is touching the car.

He is behind you? Start driving the car forwards, then the only recourse is to try to shift in front of you (and then you start driving backwards again).

Any competent driver is neigh-invincible in an open area. Especially against a run-incapable Jason. The only thing stopping you is the servers being outsourced to China so everyone's pings are always in the 300's.

You can try to say im bad but I pretty much own at every PvP game I have bothered to learn.

And yeah, the solution is to never let them start the car in the first place.

Oh my God, are you Chad IRL?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Lunethex posted:

This but to the entire thread at this point.

Skunkrocker posted:

No one loving cares

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I personally can't wait to clown on pubbie Jasons as Adam while they're going":reddit: BUT ADAM IS LOW TIER THAT GUY SAID SO! :reddit:"

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I keep getting ideas of Friday the 13th: The Game: The Movie

The first Act would be a mini-standard movie where Jason kills everyone, but then everything resets and nobody knows what's going on, not even Jason. Someone escapes and everything still resets, Tommy Jarvis shows up and doesn't know either, they manage to kill Jason and everything still resets. They start figuring out the rules but they don't know why it's happening.

Eventually there's a period where everyone just gives up on the whole thing and start messing around, chatting with Jason even as he kills them, even Jason sometimes just... hangs around with people

And then multiples of the same counsellor start showing up and you get stuff like two Chads circling the camp on a boat drinking champagne and complimenting each other while Jason looks on

So Groundhog Day starring Jason? I'm throwing my money at the screen and nothing's happening.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coolguye posted:

paging volticsurge so he can tell us how he has a crash every 87 seconds

Fixed.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coffee And Pie posted:

And I can not repeat this enough: Trent is literally a character from Transformers. Same universe!
As long as they don't pull some "Jason is actually part-Transformer" twist like that one character in Animated. That was so loving dumb.
Now if only Jason would kill either Sam Witwicky or that one guy from the 4th one (the creepy dude who dates an underage girl).

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Burkion posted:

Seven, by a mile.

Shame he sucks at everything else. I stand by my statement that 7 is the Yamcha of Jasons. He's not good enough to be Krillin (that would be 6).

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I still think Roy could be cool as a more "mortal" Jason-as in, he can do the stuff counselors do like open windows and stuff, but has really low stun resist or something like that to balance it out.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Motherfucker posted:

are you loving shipping these interchangeable character archetypes?

It's not really shipping if it's a bromance. Sorry to burst your bubble.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

ChickenHeart posted:

It's me, Weed-wacker Jason

*ominous tiny 2-stroke engine noises echo in the woods*

Every time you do a weapon kill the screen turns black and the words "CENSORED BY THE ESRB" appear on screen.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Inside Out Mom posted:

Hmmm. Maybe I'll do a 3 costume for Halloween but do NES for the convention I'm going to in January.

Don't forget the toothbrush.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coffee And Pie posted:

I think you stumbled upon a minor character from Resident Evil who managed to escape the game somehow

Dammit, now I want a Friday-RE crossover. Mostly because a clash between Chris "Boulder-Puncher" Redfield and Jason would be the stuff of legend.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

amigolupus posted:

It could work if you put the RE Protagonists as Jason, and the counselors are zombies/cultists/ganados/low-level umbrella thugs/Wesker clones. You can't kill the protagonists since they keep using herbs to heal, and include kill animations such as Chris' boulder punch or Leon's suplex, or shoving a grenade in your mouth.

And instead of drawes or shelves, you interact with the Merchant and they open their coat to show you their goods. :v:

Which would mean every building has a bunch of random Merchants who will either give you one thing or shrug and go "Got nothin'".

And how would you kill the protag? Fulfill some condition to have someone come back as Wesker or Dr.Salvador?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Now I'm imagining one of Salazar's animations being kicking the AI partner in the junk and running away while giggling impishly.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Dat 240p quality.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Has the patch not dropped yet for anyone else? Steam just won't queue up the patch.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Regrettable posted:

Lol, new premium kills for Part 7. Good luck selling those boys.

One better be the counselor literally dies laughing while Part 7 shakes his head sadly.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Skyscraper posted:

This thread isn't benefiting from you humping my leg, and I can see that you'll never stop, never admit that you got really mad over video games, won't even admit that you just got me confused with someone you didn't like, so I'm going to stop replying to you.

We'd like you to stop posting in this thread altogether,thanks.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coolguye posted:

the gently caress is the secret objective for the second challenge

After you kill the first two counselors, two more are gonna show up. Wait (and pray) for one of them to wander towards the barn. Follow her into the barn, and do the environmental kill when prompted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

Played a game where as Vickie I ran around and dropped parts by the car because it's Vickie, what is she gonna do, repair with her 3 stat? Car eventually gets fixed, cops are called, guy in the car goes around running over everyone at the exit. Following conversation ensues

Fairly Relaxed Guy: Why would you even do that

Manic Shithead: Because none of you fixed the car, gently caress you. Running around dropping parts, gently caress you, you die

Me: I am Vickie. Her repair is rear end. You wanted me to fix the car?

Manic Shithead: Let's see, my repair is even worse. Yes, you fix the car, if you don't, gently caress you.

Me: So because my repair is terrible and your repair is slightly more terrible, we're going to ignore that we had a Deb who could have...y'know what, why am I talking to you

People like that need to be sterilized before they can reproduce.

• Locked thread