Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The beta was fun-ish, yeah. Good Jasons always camp the phone, which is what everyone defaulted to in the beta anyway.

I'd ask about a potential "Jason X" Jason but the devs seem to be traditional horror fans. Which is confusing since Jason IX is in. Maybe not all the Jasons were noteworthy enough to get in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Phyresis posted:

i played a TON of the alpha, i was hooked, pretty much only didn't play when the servers were having issues... which was often

it's hella fun but there's a problem where everyone, including u, wants to play jason. so you play and play and you play all night and you never even got to be jason once! i don't want the counselor game to degenerate to a jason waiting room but i fear that may end up being a problem unless they address it. the counselor stuff is fine, but it does get stale when you just wanna chop some kids up for your momma

I remember friendly fire being on in the Beta. Long story short, Tommy Jarvis shot me in the face.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I wanna say combat stance is for people who want to take a chance at melee stunning Jason? I agree that if the aim is for counselors to always run from Jason that combat stance isn't a good idea. Though knowing how the game usually progresses assuming no quick police, Jason''s Rage probably makes him way more immune to anything not a shotgun.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Jason VII was an unstoppable monster but he rampaged through one camp at a time. Dumb Vanessa fanboys called him the worst Jason and tried to DbD clown on him. It did not work, in at least in my games. Don't get in the water.

I remember getting a water kill on a Vanessa in the beta once. poo poo was insta-death, and was hella cool. :allears:

Also another addendum: Jason VII is more objective based and "play with your food" like since you can't run. That was like, the only way to effectively play him, I gathered. Probably could be good to go after power boxes in between phone checks. Maybe smash windows to ruin escape paths.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

Looks like they did away with the intelligence stat.
kiX3
maX3

Ch ch ch
Was Intelligence balanced enough. I know it punished the gently caress outta Vanessa mains.
Ma ma ma

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

ki ki ki
ya ya ya

Ahh poo poo, page 14. A good first run everyone. See you again on page 26.

And page 113. And 130. Or are we doing solely multiples.

Also can't wait for Payday so I can buy this new game.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

It can spawn in desks? Goddammit.

Friday the 13th: The Game - Wait, there's another propeller spawn?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

To add to Play as Pamela talk:

She gets a special kill animation where it's first person from her perspective and it's basically like some of those kills in the original flick where knife goes in but you don't see it.

That, or swap between First and Third person for the different modes you'd have.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Got to be spearman Jason, killed Snatch and Shaq Meat, avoided death.

Assuming this is what I think it is, lemme preface this since I was the Shaq Meat in this scenario:

Me and weekly (both as Chad) find both gas and the propeller. We make a break for the boat, where I think either Snatch or someone else goes "Hey the boat's getting away" to Jason. We get shoved into the water. Then I think it was Snatch (as one of the Adams) who hops into the boat as weekly was still in the water. He laughed, but then I was like "Are you sure" and went the direct opposite way the exit was. And then Jason knocks us out of the boat again, with me trying to get back into the driver's position and loving up.

Long story short, we both drown and the boat is now way the gently caress outta reachable distance. And then I became Tommy. Who died later.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Nah, that sounds like a much more competent Jason.

I was the one who caught the like 4 of you at the big house trying to drive out, I grabbed Snatch and managed to get the neck break, then you were next through some kind of goofiness and I mashed out the stabby kill.

Oh wait, I remember. I was trying to take the car and got the stun on you... and then realized you were blocking the driver door.

Even screamed "poo poo THE DOOR'S BLOCKED" or something.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Burkion posted:

YOU'RE Jimble, that makes sense.

Freaking Goons never having the same SA name as their Steam name

I'm sorry but I just want That Juicy Shaq Meat, okay

imweasel09 posted:

I'm really torn on trying to use that free CP to get like every kill animation or piss it all away chasing a decent weapon swing speed perk.

Get kills first, then whatever else is there goes right to the Perk Mystery Box.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LOL I have Savini Jason and I prefer playing as Nintendo Jason.

Guzzle my balls in hell, analangry bitchnerds.

I wanna say that Jason IX is a bit better than Savini Jason? Simply because IX seems way more versatile in terms of his strengths.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I'm not joking.

9 is very much Oxford dictionary meaning of "literally" fanfiction.

New Line bought the rights and had no plans, no one from the series wanted anything to do with it, so a D&D nerd fan script about Magic Daggers and Body Swapping was greenlit immediately without treatment.

They dangled a carrot in front of Hodder and he did his two scenes.

Jason Goes to Hell is as much canon to the series as Fifty Shades of Grey is canon to Twilight.

And I will gladly get in a sleeping bag next to a tree on this hill.

At least there's one shining light in that flick: Jason actually goes to hell.

And the motherfucker didn't even take Manhattan :argh:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

metavisual posted:

Currently installing this and excited to get face bashed in by Goons in hockey masks.

Being bashed in by Jason's the least of your worries. You might be subject to Science Camp.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Phylodox posted:

I still like the idea of Jason summoning his mom. Make her less powerful than Jason, more vulnerable, but she can gently caress with the counsellors in other ways: she can remove the battery from the car or the propellor from the boat and run away with it. Killing her gives Jason instant rage, maybe.

I wanna say if Jason finds his mom's head, just remove cooldowns and instant rage. Or is that too much.

Still, a Pamela who just takes out poo poo and fucks counselors over. :getin:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Regrettable posted:

Removing cooldowns would be insane. No one would have a chance.

Thats why you don't kill Jason's Mom, rear end in a top hat.

Though maybe it could give Jason "Can Run" temporarily and ramp up his movement speed a bit. Something to give the idea that boy howdy you killed his mom prepare to die.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

On the grounds that the logo is a bee in a leprechaun hat. :colbert:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Friday the 13th is my favorite franchise by far, but Jason Goes to Hell is the worst film in all the major slasher franchises.

Yes, I'm counting the Halloween with Paul Rudd, the hilariously gay Nightmare on Elm Street, and the Texas Chainsaw with Matthew McConaughey and Renee zerbergerber.

Dammit now I wanna sub to netflix and watch Gay NoES now, thanks a lot.

For the record, it's considered gay because one of the writers or the head writer- I forget- wanted a lot of homosexual undertones in NoES 2 and well you sure as poo poo get them as characters are established. Right down to the gym teacher and how Freddy dies.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Ghostpilot posted:

Not quite, actually. The lead of NoES 2, Mark Patton, gave an interview in regards to all that.

Here's a quote from that:

“It just became undeniable,” Patton said. “I mean, when you’re looking at dailies and I’m lying in bed and I’m a pietà and the candles are dripping and they’re bending like phalluses and white wax is dripping all over... It’s like I’m the center of a — what do they call it? — a bukkake. Like I’m a bukkake video.”

My word, it looks a lot worse in that retrospect. I forgot it made him quit Hollywood.

... gently caress, that kinda lowers the tone a bit.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I dunno, would fingerbanging a dude's mouth with one of his hand knives help accentuate the representation here

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So uh yeah, I'll make an effort to go camping with y'all tonight or tomorrow. Gotta get my Chad on one of these days.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Burkion posted:

You CAN kill people wit hthe fuse box! It is not a myth

I have done it!

How do you do so, just stand over the box and drip enough water on to the box to cause a short?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

joylessdivision posted:

Looking forward to whatever new content they release because the game desperately needs it, and I can't wait to see what the poo poo lords find to complain about next.

Yeah, I saw the trailer's top comment and immediately went "okay he's probably a kiddo or a shitdick".

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Chad, that's rude.

:allears: What a good mocap.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Guys don't forget.

LaChappa CHAD in a speedo.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

:shepspends: Doesn't help I grinned like an idiot during Chad's part.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

Nah, guy couldn't handle a ten year old. I say swap grab with destruction. Maybe switch shift out with stun time. This Jason was quick, but had numerous "I just need to lie down for a minute" moments.

To be fair, said 10 year old did use psychology on his rear end. Right before the swing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Burkion posted:

See I was trying to figure out how to make this joke

But the glitches were in me all along

Excuse u this is a Christian thread about a hillbilly killing teens so please dont discuss your nightlife

• Locked thread