Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

a cock shaped fruit posted:

What the hell, in the Part 9 film, Jason NEVER uses a 2 headed axe.

In fact he uses a machete for the majority of the time he has a weapon:

Yeah. They must have just had a lot of axe animations filmed up.

I need more executions. I'd love to be able to swap weapons around for the Jason's too.

-

As a daft aside, I was daydreaming about an Evil Dead game in this vein the other day. Group of people out in the woods with one person controlling "The Evil" if you will. You'd have to try and trap/kill the other players (summoning zombies in the woods, driving them mad in cabins until they suicide). Now, here's the twist...

Any player killed by the main evil is transformed into a Deadite which can go on to perform their own acts of murder and mayhem. It might seem unfair, but the surviving players grow stronger as their numbers dwindle. Call it, "The Ash Effect" or something. These people have struggled and survived through this nightmare and eventually snap and go over the edge and fight back with immense gusto until one person is left and the tables turn. Now that lone survivor is like Jason from this game, a force of nature, kicking arse for the lord and the Deadites have to work as a team if they want a chance of taking them down.

See you over on Kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Danaru posted:

I want to use the Machette all the time as Jason, but Part 7 trades Shift for Water Speed and just ugh :smith:

I had probably the best Jason moment with part 7 the other day. Marching after an injured AJ and corralled her onto the pier and she had nowhere to go bar a desperate swim... Just stood on the edge watching her for a while then shifted out after her. :murder:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'd happily pay for it. But I am a sick bastard.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Basebf555 posted:

Had a 7/7 and an 8/8 game last night.

I have this gut wrenching feeling I'll never get to do an 8/8 wipe. None of the lobbys for the Xbox ever seem to get that full.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Mind you, I'm sure some maths goon could whip up some numbers about exactly how many games you'd have to play to unlock all the achievements anyway. What is it? 1000 kills as Jason? That's at least a hundred rounds(at max capacity), right?

I don't normally care about achievements, but for this? I want them all. :black101:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm so guilty of that. I'll lurk by the car and hope Jason goes after someone else EVERY drat TIME and it never works, I KNOW it never works... But like you say, it's some primal thing. You just can't resist it.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Plus Jason needs enough room/footing to do some kills. Like the part 8 axe-toss can't be done in a bathroom for obvious reasons.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

joylessdivision posted:

It seems fairly stable depending on who you play with. I've been fairly lucky with some of the pubbies I've friended having decent connections.

It's fine when I host (unless I get a hard crash, but I doubt that's a connection issue) and I only like to play quickmatches because the amount of groups I've joined that say "RANDOM JASON" and then at the LAST SECOND the host picks themselves to be the big guy is unbelievable and I can't be arsed with that.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Talking of "cameo slashers" the killer from Hatchet would be a shoe-in seeing as that was Hodder again. Then I'd say lash Leslie Vernon in there too.

If you've never seen "Behind the Mask" I'd highly recommend it. It's a faux-documentary about "real world" slashers and how the logic of all the supernatural poo poo works behind the scenes.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
GAH! I keep forgetting about timezones. I was expecting to go home in a couple of hours to play with it.

Same goes for the Pamela tapes. You can only find them in public matches on a Friday (apparently) but does that mean Friday where I live (gmt) or Friday where Jason HQ is? (god only knows what time)

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
If we're getting more Jasons and skins then maybe we should get Creighton Duke in instead of Tommy on some maps too.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Regrettable posted:

That's pretty pathetic. What's the point of even playing?

It really is.

I've said before that I always try and play a "fun" Jason and do a bit of roleplaying. I (try) not to kill anyone in the first five minutes and use that time to drive fear up and I ESPECIALLY wont kill someone if I spawn right on top of them with the first shift.

But STILL people will quit out when they die, even if it's like, 18 minutes or so into the match. So weird. You're playing the wrong game if you think you have to "win"

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
You can Ki Ki Kiss M(y)A A rear end.

;)

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I do like it when someone goes afk and I get to carry them across the camp to see a kill I haven't seen yet.

Still waiting on that sweet graveyard kill though.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
You're an odd duck, Tinfoil. But here's your ki ki ki ma ma ma. xx

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Gay Horney posted:

chh chh chh ha ha ha

:murder:

ki ki ki ma ma ma

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The Xbox is weird atm because even though they've fixed the quickmatch system it's still hard to find a game because EVERYONE is still using the group system. Hahaha.

Screw that though.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
If these have already been answered I've not seen them. THis thread moves pretty fast, sorry.

Test 1.

Do you know when the "chase" music kicks in with regards to a Jason and a Counsellor?

e.g. I'm Jason approaching a hut with a victim in. IDEALLY Jason's music should kick in say, 5 seconds before it starts on the counsellors end so IF Jason wants to pop stalk he can.

But if the music kicks in at the same time then the counsellor might get a bit suspicious if it starts up, then suddenly mutes. If you know what I mean.

Test 2.

Does Jason get alerted when someone crossed the threshold of his cabin, or just if they're in proximity?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

MacheteZombie posted:

I believe it is threshold

Cool. I've got this idea that on maps where it's REALLY out the way (like Pakanack) I might be able to hide juuuust outside as a girl until the match ends. It MIGHT be just far enough away from the usual "stalk zones" most Jason's have and if he DOES turn up then I can nip inside real quick and sweater him for my escape.

edit: This is for my Tiffany lastgirl attempt.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I though Tiff had to be the ONLY survivor for the achievement?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Mind you, might wait until the next patch. Quite a few achievements haven't popped for me despite doing them.

Not usually arsed about achievements, but, y'know... It's Friday the 13th!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Why are you patrolling the edge of the lake though? (edit I misread what you were saying there. hahaha Ignore me.)

Booking in this payday for the first tattoo of my Jason sleeve. Been wanting to get it done since I was a kid and my undying(lol) love for the big guy has been thoroughly rekindled.

Drunken Baker fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 26, 2017

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm a god damned dullard. Hahaha.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I really hope Part X and Uber Jason aren't palette swaps.

I was also thinking about the FvJ and Remake Jason's too. Couldn't they just make similar looking models and call them "Drowned Jason" and "Survivalist Jason" or something?

I may have already said something like that. But I REALLY want more Jasons... And kills...

I want a Roy too.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I think their license includes part 5 (Roy) and Jason X. FvJ and the remake are both out for legal reasons. They also could do Pam.

I personally expect to see Part 5 eventually, and then Jason X broken up into two Jasons - for a total of 3.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for too.

And I know they can't TECHNICALLY have FvJ or the Remake... But SIMILAR looking models, tweaked JUUUUST enough and NOT NAMED after the films?

Some slavering lawyer is probably chomping at the bit over this game though. So may be best to just steer well clear. :smith:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I thought Jason X pre-UBER looked fairly similar to FvJ. FvJ had the dope coat tho.

Freddy Vs Jason wear a lovely cardigan too and is tall and damp.

X is a stocky pitbull looking badass with a flat mask and wears a straightjacket and chains. :black101:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
YOU GOTTA SEND EVERY loving COP JASON IS KILLING U- *audio file cuts out early*

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

dogstile posted:

"Huh, those crazy kids"

Oh man, didn't even think of it that way. I just know the actual audio used to cut off right at the end before it was patched on the xbox.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Friday the 13th: Kart Racing

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
How would wheelchair guy even work? If you're grabbed does he have to crawl back to his chair?

How is he going to kick out of a grab?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Couldn't they just call the new jason films "Jason Films" to get around the "Friday the 13th" legal nonsense?

Jason IS the franchise, after all.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Yeah, that's what I mean. There's all that legal hoo-haa with the writer of the first film who now "owns" the title Friday the 13th, so... Just drop that title altogether from now on when making the films. Just cut him out of it entirely if (whoever) owns the rights and likeness to Jason.

I'm no lawyer though, maybe it's more complicated than that.

I should have quoted who I was replying to really, but it was like, 3 pages back. Hahah.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I must have read the post wrong. Oops. Ignore me.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Kill them with throwing knives.

For some reason the throwing knife kill in 6 REALLY stuck with me(lol) when I first saw it as a kid. I guess after becoming a weirdo obsessive with the series in later life it kinda sticks out like an odd thumb, but drat if that shot of the cop seeing Jason across the way then biting it wasn't loving cool as hell.

What I'm saying is killing people with throwing knives is cool and good and I do it too on occasion.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The hoops the Friday fans had to jump through to try and fix the "cannon" because of Jason goes to Hell and then Jason X coming out.

Jason "drowns" and Pamela, in her grief, tries to resurrect Jason using the Necronomicon.
Jason isn't dead, obviously, but his body is now "primed" for a demon to inhabit it. But it's "asleep" or some poo poo.
Films 1-4 happen.
Jason's corpse is awakened. The demonic magic has brought it back via lightning.
6-9 happen.
The demon then leaves Jason's body and... Uh, when Jason comes back(looking exactly like he did when he was blown up?) the demon is killed, but the uh, demons only pull him underground and not ALL the way to hell... But they take away the demon heart, but he's still a zombie? So hat's how X and Freddy Vs Jason can happen? Right?

I tried to get into the deep fandom, but y'know what? I love the films dearly, but I'm not going to try and overthink them on any level.

Big dude murders people. Sometimes he's a zombie. One time he was a demon heart thing, but we just ignore that one.

Done.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Could it be that 9 was just not as good a script and the writers didn't try or know or care to tie it into the existing plotline?

It was written in 4 days by a first time writer/director... So... Yeah.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Yardbomb posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in one of the novels.

They did NOVELS?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Good god... That sounds... Fascinating.

Holy crap. They sell for about 300 quid a pop on Amazon!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
They all sound like the most whacky fan fiction too. And that's coming from someone who has written a lot of Jason fanfiction.

My point being, I wish I could paid to write daft Jason fanfiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
About 400 bucks?

• Locked thread