Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Keep in mind they know more about the suit than we do, too. They might not see this working out in Cunningham's favor, in which case it's likely they won't even get to sell the game anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It would be really cool if you could unlock Jasons offline

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the thing is, i don't think you can clone this game, because 99% of why it works is the license and the slavish care and devotion to it. if you take Jason out of this, you get Dead by Daylight, which is complete and utter rear end.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Coolguye posted:

i think it works fine regardless of jason because there's actual mechanics in F13 whereas DbD is literally less complicated than the game of tag we all played in elementary school. that said, players tend to have a pretty long memory of mechanics and 'feel' so if you did an asset swap it'd crash and burn even if you fixed every bug ever and everything worked super well...because it is an asset swap.

actually, to be perfectly honest, the more i'm thinking about it, you're right. but that's also why an asset swap would work fine, provided they don't make people who already own F13 pay twice.

like, if they made a game with a new steam entry that was F13 with all serial numbers filed off and active development occurring, and just gave it to everyone who has F13 free, i think most of the community would actually be pretty happy. hell, it would even make it dirt simple for them to go back to updating F13 if the license situation clears up, because they could just basically merge all the Jason content back into the new game since it would theoretically be running on pretty much the same codebase (just a more cleaned-up version).

• Locked thread