Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

de_dust posted:

Apparently after an hour of trying the answer is nope.

Going to refund.

I ended up getting mine even though I had almost 4 hours showing in Steam. 1 hour played right when it launched and then 3 hours of trying over the weekend. It's a real godamn shame too. Game is amazing. If this morning's maintenance fixes the login stuff I'll probably rebuy.

I don't doubt they didn't expect to be this popular. 10-11k concurrent PC players (probably double that for each console) w/ 60k people watching on Twitch. That's impressive as heck for a small dev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
ok

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jukebox Hero posted:

As someone who refuses to day 1 for moral reasons, how the gently caress you gonna buy this and get mad that Jason is too tough

Did you ever even watch a loving horror movie

The big guy with the axe will gently caress you up so run away, it's a horror game, you don't get to tango with Jason if the guy playing him isn't asleep, and that's a feature, not a flaw

I think a lot of people got spoiled with DbD making survivors very strong. Initially DbD was supposed to be similar to F13 where the Killer had an advantage, but whiny babies cried and killers died.

F13 does right by making Jason an actual killing machine.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Donnerberg posted:

Can we please not do a round of refund shaming? Stanley won't single-handedly ruin them unless he sends his digital copy of the game back with schematics for a machete that they 3D print and accidentally fall on face first, and let's be fair, that's only likely to happen on Drunk Tuesdays.

If this wasn't the Friday the 13th video game thread, but the Final Destination video game thread, then there'd be cause of concern about their their personal safety around sharp objects.

I think I'm well within my right to refund something that hasn't worked for me since Friday Morning by Monday morning. Especially since the refund is a time limited thing on Steam.

Jukebox Hero posted:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't refund it if you hate it, but... It's not like the game looked like a multiplayer arena shooter or anything, and mostly I was annoyed about other stuff I'd seen from people who wanted to actually go toe to toe with the J man

I really, REALLY like the game. It's definitely not for everyone though, especially those folks that need to win every game they play.

If the servers and database hold up tonight I'll probably buy it again :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shadowlz posted:

Jesus I've played this game so much longer than I normally play games. 41.7 hours past 2 weeks. Would be more but I had to hangout with ~*~MY GIRLFRIEND~*~ all weekend.

I really love the guys that get salty and say I'm a poo poo Jason after I kill 8/8 without trapping the cars or phone. I try to kill every person differently. Like, what the gently caress else can I do chief?

Most people love to suck the fun out of games. If they're not #winning they get salty as gently caress instead of laughing at the cheese 80s horror flick they get to watch for the next 10 minutes.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Knifegrab posted:

Man hiding really is a worthless mechanic.

I had someone playing the Rocker Chick hide for the entire match. She didn't pop up red until about 20 seconds before the match ended. It's doable if you avoide corpses, dark areas, etc.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
No you see he's PAY2WINPAY2WINPAY2WINPAY2WINPAY2WINPAY2WINPAY2WINPAY2WIN rrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggghhhhhhh :suicide:

One of these days I'll remember never, ever to click on Steam forums.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gaz2k21 posted:

The Savini skin should never be made available again but what they could do is make it so that jason players randomly get to play as Savini Jason occasionally.

Can we shut the gently caress up about this already. Thanks. :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

...! posted:

They should be running this game on their own servers rather than peer to peer. I'm so sick of getting dumped out of games because the host died and decided to quit.

Quick matches are on dedicated servers.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

...! posted:

Where did you read that? I think that's pretty demonstrably untrue. It always specifically shows one person with no ping. That's because it's peer to peer and that person is the host. Getting kicked always happens when one specific person dies. It's happened when I was in a party and we did a quick match. It wasn't just me that got kicked from the game when the host died, as was obvious from the simultaneous "what the gently caress" in my ear.

The only thing done server side is matchmaking.

Straight from the devs.

Custom games are P2P, quick match is dedicated servers. At least that's the case for PC.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

...! posted:

Then they were lying or you misread it. It is clearly P2P, as I explained earlier.

Except when the above is not true because you're playing PC Master Race Edition of the game. :thumbsup:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
For those of you whining about MAH KEYBURNDS!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2455611/Video-gamer-NO-arms-legs-winning-competitions.html

Suck it up and just play, it's a GOOD GAME(TM).

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Snatch Duster posted:

should have bought it on PC

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hello thread, thanks for making games great again.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
KI KI KI

MA

MA

MA

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

What does this mean?

Can't kill anyone when they've all DCed.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh what I would do to play Mike Myers in a good game. :allears:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ranking would be dumb and bad for this game.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a cock shaped fruit posted:

It's kind of in the vein of what makes Dead By Daylight so hollow feeling.

At least I pipped :negative:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

King Vidiot posted:

I don't care how well I do anymore beyond just the satisfaction of playing the game.

I try to stick to this when playing games, baring any inherently competitive type of games. Leads to less frustration and more fun.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nutsngum posted:

But on the other hand it would actually be good and improve the game. Tough choices!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cattywampus posted:

Just bought this game, wish I knew what the gently caress I was doing. First game, I got tagged as Jason and only managed to kill 3 counselors despite not knowing what the hell I was doing.

You did good :)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Good thing this developer understand that a killer is meant to kill, not be clowned on by survivorscouncilors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The other good thing this game has going for it is that the killer is actually a lethal machine of death compared to the wet napkin that other game's killers are.

• Locked thread