Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I hate to sound whiny but this game needs a way to report players.

I'm sure everyone has had the counselor that leads Jason to all the other counselors at least once and then today I had a guy who got the car going and ran down all the other counselors. Of course he was the host so next game (I was gonna Meele him to death) he quit as soon as jason grabbed him.

Other than giant assholes though, this game is incredibly fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
When I say the guy who run towards the other counselors I mean they're friends with whoever is playing jason and they team up to take everyone out and then make us sit there for 10 minutes while the mole counselor racks up points.

I've seen it twice, maybe it's a PS4 thing.

Trying to shake Jason by putting them on someone else isn't what I was referring too, and is of course perfectly acceptable.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

empty baggie posted:

but it turned out both kids had teamed up beforehand, and according to chat, the one counselor kid had tried to kill a couple of the other players and refused to call the cops. The kid playing Jason had agreed to not kill his friend as long as he helped

This is exactly what I'm talking about, thank you.

And also an excellent story I'm glad he died.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It seems like whenever someone is chasing me as Jason they catch me with no problem but when I am running with Jason I can't catch up even if they are out of stamina.

Only played as a running Jason twice though and didn't make note of which counselor I was chasing.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I've been going through them for my one horror movie a day for October personal goal.

I've done 1-5 so far. Holy poo poo is 3 terrible.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm of the opinion none of them are terrible :colbert:

So far all the rest are decent to good and I've seen 6 and everything made from 8 on and it's all good stuff.

3 though, woooo boy.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

joylessdivision posted:

3 is bad mostly because of Shelley and the 3D effects looking like rear end in 2D. It's a fine early 80's slasher, but the gimmick does kinda kill some of the impact.

The bolded part definitely and I had no idea it was even supposed to be in 3D. That would explain some things though.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I enjoy the new map except the fuse is in the same place about 90% of the time.

Also, was friendly fire a thing before this patch? Because people are beating the holy hell out of each other all of a sudden and I assume that's because they turned it off.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Anyone else on PS4 having trouble getting a game? Keeps saying I need to check to make sure I have an internet connection, but when I do a network test everything is fine.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
No costume for Hippy counselor :(

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
First game after the update I got Jason and murdered everyone in like 4 minutes it was pretty great.

Best I had ever done was 5/8 (this was only my fourth time as Jason because I get anxiety about not killing anyone).

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
On PS4 at least the matchmaking has been dramatically improved and I’m not getting connection error drops nearly as often as I’m used to.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

King Vidiot posted:

Has anybody else had the bug where they get one more kill than they should've? In one of my matches tonight, a guy escaped and I know he escaped because I was killing Tommy when he drove off. Still got 8/8.

Saw 7/6 twice today.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

KOMI posted:

This game makes my PS4 sound like it's about to poo poo its pants and die as soon as rain was added.

Speaking of PS4, I've also noticed that 100% of my games now will crash straight to dashboard anytime I'm host and the lobby starts to fill up. Like I can only play by joining other sessions now

The only issue I have as a PS4 player is that i get connection errors about 1/4 of the time and it’s a real son of a bitch if it happens while I’m spectating because I either escaped and have a bunch of points coming or I died and have been sitting here watching other people play for 10 minutes only to get skunked.

That and people who run everyone over with the car if they don’t get Jason are my only complaints.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’ve gotten 2 Pamela tapes in the last 24 hours so I’d say they’ve probably fixed it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The game is better than any of the movies :colbert:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
5 is my favorite if only because they take Shelly from part 3, rename him and do what they should have done to him in the first 10 minutes.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I actually like 8 because it knows it sucks and basks in it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

sinburger posted:

Anyone on ps4 finding the random counselor / Jason selection to not be very random? It seems like every time I sit down to play a few rounds I'll just roll the same thing every single match. This makes me sad when I wind up playing as Kenny and J3 all evening.

I got Jenny Myers so often I took random off.

I chose Adam and then it randomly spawned me next to the cabin with the fuse 5 games in a row. So that was nice.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Danaru posted:

Apparently there's a comic that takes place between 8 and 9 that says "yeah the baby thing didn't happen, also Jason walked back to Crystal Lake", so at least there's that

Now I want a movie of Jason’s walk back to CCL from Manhattan.

Maybe that’s where he learned about weed.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Or, in the case of goon counselors, feast on the influx of newbie Jasons.

This has been my experience. I think I only played one match out of 8 or 9 where Jason killed all the counselors and half the time they killed 2 or less.

I had a good time is what I’m saying.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Unfortunately on PS4 the only people with mics are 10 year olds so trying to organize a kill is nearly impossible in a public match.

Today would have been the perfect time. I’ve still never seen it done and only attempted once (Jason wasn’t ever brought to his knees).

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Hosts who quit when they get killed can burn in Hell. Especially when the police have already been called.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
For whatever reason I’ve been playing like a true Friday counselor today.

On multiple occasions I had an easy escape and decided to try and do fancy things for points or attack Jason from behind to help other counselors.

I was murdered every single time.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t play Jason that often but for those that do is Jarvis House the worst map? Just played it as the big guy for the first time and can’t tell if it was so tough because of the map or because there was only 4 counselors.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I had heard other people complain about it in the chat. Part of my trouble like I said, is that there was only 4 counselors, so they all seemed to have 15 pocket knives and med sprays.

3/5 was disappointing. Even though I probably only pull Jason once a week at worst I get 6/8,usually I get everyone though.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yesterday I played with a group that had Jason with his mask off, in front of Tommy, girl with a sweater, and like 3 other counselors.

I was so pumped that I was gonna knock him to his knees and get in on the kill.... then the girl with the sweater just took off and Jason killed us all one by one.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
So pugnacious, this thread.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
At least you PC people don’t have to fear that you’ll kill the host too early and have the game dropped or that you’ll go through fixing multiple things and escape by car or boat only to have the host rage quit and get not a single drat point for your hard work.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The only counselor badge I don’t have is escape on the boat 13 times. Whenever I play a map with a boat it’s my only mission, I’d rather die than get out by police or car.

I’ve played on Jarvis map looking for the propellor with 2 other counselors for the full 20 minutes and none of us can find it. Start in the cabin with the propellor and Jason morphs right to me and spends 6 minutes chasing me around before he finally gets me. Other Shennagins.

Both times I played as Jason today? Boat fixed and gone within 3-5 minutes.

I don’t know anyone who plays this so I have to bitch to you all sorry.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Got out on the boat once today, 4 more to go.

I’m disappointed there has been no Christmas update. Even if they just gave Jason a Santa hat or something.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I knew they were doing something like that but had never seen that... trailer? Commercial?

loving awesome.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
How am I on level 50 and just found out you can undo Jason’s traps if your hands are empty and you crouch?

Total game changer.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Regrettable posted:

It doesn't matter if you're hands are empty but you have to have a pocket knife to do this and you won't be able to use it afterward.

Ahhh this whole time I though I was supposed to drop the pocket knife into the trap and I was just bad at it/dumb.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I can not wait to murder Shelly as often as possible.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Adam, Mitch, Kenny, and AJ in no particular order.

Fox would be up there but she needs some new clothing options.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Fox is probably a better option for me than Mitch but I’m a sucker for a tie dyed shirt.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Coolguye posted:

smdh @ all these cats who do not just use random

FULLY EMBRACE THE CHAOS THAT IS TO COME

ALL RANDOM

ALL THE TIME

I tried but I was tired of getting Jenny 80% of the time.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Being able to chop down doors with 3 strikes early give you the ability to really open up all the cabins though.

The lack of traps is the only thing that is really a pain for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Was hoping to come home from work to the update.

Never been so excited for a video game update in all my days.

• Locked thread