Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t think it’s dropped for anyone. At least not as of 5:10 PM Est

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Offline play does count towards badges and accomplishments.

Easy and Normal are both incredibly easy.

Going in on hard now.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Oh and it does grant both xp and cp

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Hard mode is also incredibly easy unfortunately.

Good news is one of the counselors decided they would run around the grave yard with a bear trap (???) and so I got to scratch that kill off the list.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I take it back, it doesn’t count towards your badges. It gave it to me at the end of the match but when I went to Check I didn’t have it from the start screen.

No idea on the accomplishments but I would guess not as well.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
PS4.

They announced on twitter that the Steam version had a set back and would be out later tonight.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Oh drat.

Offline mode is just too easy. I’m an average Jason at best, played about 6 rounds on Hard and they never got a car started or the police called.

Shelly’s stats:
Composure 6
Luck 1
Repair 5
Speed 4
Stamina 4
Stealthier 8
Strength 7

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s definitely just target practice. But you get XP and CP so if you wanted to grind out a perk in the course of an hour, the option is there.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I did the fireplace kill with Jason in offline mode and it gave me the accomplishment so if you’re chasing that graveyard kill (or 2) that’s what I would recommend.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Ghostpilot posted:

A subtle aspect of part 7 is that his door-hacking animation is pretty fast since he has a 1-handed weapon. It's sort of like half of a Destruction trait.

Uhhh what? It takes him 6 wacks and it takes god damned forever.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’ve been playing offline a lot and trying to get into a locked door with 7 is a god drat nightmare.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Just played a match where I got to come back as Tommy.... even though I was still alive?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

ComposerGuy posted:

If you escape you still have a chance to come back as Tommy. The game *favors* players that were killed, but will pick an escapee if either no one has died by the time the game makes the choice or if you just happen to hit the lottery on the random roll.

Oh I know. I was rooting around through an unsearched cabin (pubbies suck) and suddenly it went to Tommy jarvis cutscene and I was Tommy. Very odd.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’ve seen it being done with much more frequency lately, not exactly sure the reason for it though.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Must be fun to play as Jason though?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m glad they released the 7 kill pack because I’m probably playing 80% against 7 now which makes it much easier as a counselor. I know I can search through drawers as he attacks the door because it’s going to take him an hour to finally knock it down.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Anyone who plays on PS4 know where/how I can get the 7 kill pack? Can’t find it on the main F13 page like all the other addons

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Changed my preferred spawn to Jason. I get him just about every other round now.

I somehow manage to always kill the host first and get dropped 4 minutes in :(

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yeah, as someone who recently started playing Jason much more frequently, these changes were sorely needed.

Even as a counselor I could tell it was much more difficult to play as Jason and nearly impossible to kill everyone.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Only Shelly can stun Roy by using a chocolate bar (or 2) he can find at a campsite.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
He’s the avatar of evil because he’s been cursed by the Thorn Cult.

It’s all right there in black and white, clear as crystal.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Skoll posted:

Ehh, that Thorn Cult poo poo is nonsense. The Halloween franchise is extremely schizophrenic and I'm glad the new one John Carpenter is doing ignores all the movies except the first two.

Paul Rudd man!

I know it’s trash I’m just kidding around.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Anyone finish either collection of tapes yet? I think I have about 7 more Pamela tapes and 4 more Jarvis. Been finding them left and right over the last week.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Roy's music is the best outside of maybe Savini.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Jason takes Vancouver is the best F13 actually.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Why did they make the best Jason, not Jason?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’ve been playing as 4 so long I forgot the other Jason’s start with more than 3 traps. Please disregard my Roy as best comment.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Tiffany that just runs into the middle of nowhere and dances the whole match and then quits when killed is accurate AF.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
But he doesn’t look as cool and his music isn’t as good. Fashion over function, friend.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I wish they would make these for Fox, Shelly, and Hippy dude (since I play him exclusively you’d think I’d know his name but nope!)

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Skunkrocker posted:

NEW EXPLOIT DISCOVERED

I saw a pub do this and took his cue and tried it out. On the Jarvis House map head to the blue house porch and crouch walk up onto the cooler, then onto the lawn chair. From there, you can put yourself behind the lawnchair. If you position yourself just right, all Jason can do is throw knives at you. And if you have, say, three+ health sprays thanks to additional planning, you can run out the clock annoying the Jason as they go to look for more pocket knives, keep trying to hack at you or grab you, and sometimes just stare in anger.

This has been a thing since the beginning of Jarvis House and it’s been used on me twice. First time I was kind of at a loss and a little pissed because I basically had 10 minutes of my life wasted as I had killed everyone else.

Next time though I found the right spot and just threw knives til they died.

I dunno I guess it’s kinda funny but I would find it exceedingly boring to just stand there for 15 minutes.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I only ever felt bad for Demon and his girlfriend, period.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I only play with pubbies on PS4 sadly but it seems like every match now has an attempted Jason kill.

Never successful, mind you.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Man I was so excited when I saw 45 new replies but welp, just a guy who doesn’t like the game typing paragraph after paragraph telling us why we are wrong for enjoying it.

Ok guy you got us the game is terrible and sucks. Bye!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The only map station I use regularly is Packanack because it always starts me outside the big house

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The bugs are a feature not a bugs, is what we say around these parts friend.

Seriously though, I doubt anyone here has been dropped from more games after sitting and watching other people play for 10 minutes and getting nothing for it, than I have.

It’s frustrating as hell sometimes but I still love this stupid game.

I play with only pubbies ever and lone wolf it 90% of the time. Just expect your teammates to always be the dumbest people ever.

I don’t know if you’ve said what medium you play it on yet but if it’s PS4 add me (paulmadillo) and we will have a great time.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t even mind being stunned by a bat over and over I do get a little miffed when Deborah stuns me with the machete first swing though.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
So I just got killed as Jason for the first time... I still had my mask on?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Is Pinehurst as terrible for you all as counselors as it is in every single game I play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That’s what shift is for friends

• Locked thread