Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

BeigeJacket posted:

Sweet, in that case will definitely get this.

To those of you who played the beta (did anyone in this thread?), how insufferable is it with pubbies?

From what I played pubbies will always pick the fast girl who is also the loudest and run every where constantly when near you so your location is always like a spotlight for Jason to find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The issue with weapons in Beta was that the stats were never really defined so people had no idea what they did. If you didn't have high luck all grabbing a weapon does pretty much is calm your character down, so they're less scared and won't make as much noise for Jason to home in on. Characters with high luck and weapons can actually stun Jason and they should really be the only ones making a swing at him

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dalaram posted:

If Jason kills a weapon equipped counselor, can he pick up said weapon?

Or does he have a separate pool of weapons that he uses?

Each version of Jason has a unique weapon they use. Varying speeds of attacks, reaches, and moves. They can't switch weapons

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Coolguye posted:

i don't think any councilor has both high strength and high luck (well, probably excepting Jarvis, but he doesn't count). the only 2 i see with over 5 str is adam and buggzy, both with 2 luck. was luck really important for attacking jason?

Luck increases the chance of you actually stunning Jason if you hit him, better weapon durability, and gives minor buffs to lots of other stats while strength gives a bonus to the damage an attack does and how fast they recover from a swing of a weapon while giving a bonus towards stunning Jason. A lucky character has a better chance of stunning Jason on one swing while a strength based one can swing more times increasing the likely hood of stunning. However because Jason's grab has priority a strength character should run interference and be like a guard, only attacking when someone is grabbed because they can get more swings off. In a chase a luck character is more likely to get that one hit stun off. Remember it's movie logic; the jock gets killed one on one with Jason every time while the lucky guy gets a good shot in yet when Jason is about to kill someone the jock saves them just in time!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Coolguye posted:

haha what i'm reading from that is that the dorky looking guy with a sweater around his shoulders is probably a better fighter than buggzy just because who the absolute gently caress wants to stick around and brawl with jason

Laws of the Slasher Flick: The cocky jock who goes toe to toe with the killer gets rekt

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The community is pretty garbage in it and the perk system has been a nightmare for balance issues to the point where if you aren't running certain perks you're at a disadvantage

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

I hope some of the kills from Jason Goes to Hell makes in it, they're some of the most hosed up but I want to melt other players into the floor.

Is there any reason why he started melting? I never figured that out

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The only voice I'm gonna do as Jason is Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I hope we get a New York or space station map eventually

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I was the rocker chick, repaired the phone, was the last alive, wasn't scared at all and hid under a bed. Jason made a direct he line for me. If you hide do you auto light up the cabin?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Managing to sneak out of a Cabin as a raged powered Jason is tearing through wall after wall has to be the most pants making GBS threads inducing I've done in this game. Crouch walking as you just hear walls splintering and you can see him slightly through the cracks in the planks was terrifying

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Red Mundus posted:

Jasons of the world, please remember you have traps so I don't have to watch a counselor dive through a window over and over again.

To add on to this a counselor going through a smashed window (Jason can smash open or closed windows) will get hurt. Smash all but one window at each cabin and place a trap right outside the non-broken window. Works wonders every time

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Lasher posted:

I agree the shift/grab IS a bit ott at the moment*, but I don't know how zombie Jason's would deal with out. Even injured and exhausted the kids stagger away quicker than you will ever move and they rarely trip(Not just AJ).

*But isn't Jason MEANT to be anyway?

For all my moaning I adore this game so much.

Maybe make it so the more scared and injured a counselor is the harder it is for them to break free? Right now it doesn't feel like a chase half the time. You're grabbed and insta-gibbed with the throat squeeze animation. I'd like to see a system in place that pays for Jason to stalk and terrorize people and give him a reason to use different kills or environmental kills. Maybe each execution has a cool down or limit too so Jason wants his grip to be a lot harder to escape so he has time to get to environmental kills? I dunno right now the strongest way to play Jason is also the most boring for both parties involved

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How do I heal someone else with my health spray instead of having to drop it on the ground?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I'm watching somebody right now that at the start of a match hid in a closet and has never left as the rocker chick. They're the last person alive and haven't left and there's nothing Jason can do to find them because they aren't scared. I really hope this doesn't become a thing

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If you're play Chad and aren't referring to yourself in third person as "The Chad" the entire time I don't know what you're doing with your life

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Changed name to Peter Dinklage and piped in the Peter Dinklage theme song every time I was near a counselor as Jason

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Scalding Coffee posted:

Walkies make it easier for Jason to home in on you and to talk to anyone who has one, which alerts Jason to them if they talk back.

I had a question on that. So if I have a Walkie Talkie and someone talks on it, Jason can hear it even if I don't respond?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like to imagine all the counselors are angry, belligerent drunks seeing how many of them poo poo talk Jason even as he's killing them

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Chad literally has a perk that makes the car faster if you're the only one in it. Always abandon people as Chad his entire purpose is to be a lucky rear end in a top hat who saves his own skin. If you aren't being a smarmy self serving Chad you're loving it up. Make sure to brag about your parents wealth and refer to yourself in third person over voice chat if you are Chad

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 30, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Oh really? I thought it wasn't! Still it should only be used with Chad :colbert:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I spent an entire round talking in the third person as The Chad and being the most smary rich rear end in a top hat I could be over voice; I made comments about the commoners clothing, comments about having to drive in the peasent wagon they called a car as I drove off alone, how they had to go to a bug infested swamp camp while me and my parents had recently returned from Monaco. The following round Jason was teleporting to other counselors but wouldn't attack, only wanting to know where The Chad was located. I was the first to die

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is there a way to hide effectively in a closet or under a bed? The campers all make a loud rear end gasp when Jason goes by

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I think the best thing about Freddy vs Jason is after Freddy does his little "boogey boogey boogey im scaring you in a dream" thing to Jason the next half an hour is just Jason dunking the poo poo out of him by throwing him into and through stuff while Freddy tries to be clever the entire time to only meet with getting dragged through windows panes and thrown through roofs

Also if your vary the campers you have a much higher rate of surviving. I mostly see the rocker girl, Chad, and Adam so I started to play as Venessa. I pick up a walkie talkie and just sprint from cabin to cabin, grabbing objectives, and dropping them where they need to be put and announce it to the others. Most the time Jason is chasing my loud rear end but thanks to a epic less stumble perk and fast recharging stamina perk I end up wasting so much time two or three of the main objectives get fixed and by the time Jason realizes how much time he's wasting chasing the fast person taunting him over mic it's too late to stop everyone else. The EXP I get doing this is a pretty decent amount too it's kind of neat the game is balanced around playing to Slasher movie tropes. Yeah I die most the time but as the girl who runs fast, is loud, and gets scared easy that's kind of my role

Also l, at least as Venessa, found the best way to juke a chasing shifting Jason is when he shifts count two or three seconds then run the way he was coming. Jason is automatically propelled forward the way his mouse is looking so players need to do a 360 in order to keep shift chasing and this will completely gently caress them up

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 2, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Floodkiller posted:

Welp, managed to run into a tryhard pre-made group as I got Jason in a Quick Play match. I heard a bunch of noise at the four door car so I morphed over when I could. As soon as I morphed into view, however, I heard someone enter the shack to grab the sweater, so it seemed like some of the counselors were organizing a Jason kill with out-of-game comms (I didn't hear a single thing being shouted by the people dying or anyone nearby). Sure enough, there were two injured counselors by the car I morphed to that quickly shambled to a nearby broken window to jump through and suicide to get Tommy in the game. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find and catch the person who took the sweater until after she manages to get in the phone cabin that contained two Adams and the Tommy, all armed to the teeth with a bunch of medsprays and spare weapons on the ground + a machete laying on the table for easy pickup. They probably all had damage reduction perks as well, since I wasn't able to get any of them to an injured state with my spear until after about four hits. The sweater girl also stayed locked up in a side room with no windows so I couldn't break in to pick her off without getting knocked over by the others.

After they knocked me down a couple times, I figured how the rest of this lame poo poo was going to play out and shifted out to hunt down the one person who didn't seem to be in their little group. In the meantime, they called the cops. I figured I would at least go wait to have a final fight over by the cop exit to make it a big more exciting if they managed to get a kill on me (which I felt I kind of deserved for letting it get this far in the first place) or if they would be forced to just escape normally. However, they refused to take a single step out of their cabin even after the cops came and I knocked the power out, probably because they didn't want to risk a single thing potentially going wrong with their plan. After running out of knives again and minutes of nothing but voice taunting from inside the cabin while they refused to leave, I just morphed over to the opposite edge of the map and AFK'd until the round end. I wasn't going to give the group the satisfaction of a Jason kill if they weren't even going to attempt to make it seem less forced or slightly fun for me as well. When the round ended (from the 20 min timeout, of course), they all got all salty at me for not letting them kill me when they 'deserved it'. Whatever.

If you suicide I think it shouldn't allow you to get Tommy. People have started doing it as soon as he's called regardless if they're trying to kill Jason cause he has maxed out stats

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I still feel that the best thing for this game would be for Jason's grab to become active when counselors are hurt and/or scared enough. Right now you don't see most of the counselors played because most of their stats mean jack poo poo against a Jason who morphs ontop of them, grabs, and mashes the one key which most pub Jason's do. Make it so a counselor has to be scared enough to glow on sense to be grabable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Same. How long until I can kill Jason with a flood of toxic waste in a New York sewer?

• Locked thread