Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

So, is this a full $60 release? Cause it looks cool but if it's just gonna be 1 gametype with lots of maps and multiplayer only then it looks like it'll get old quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

s.i.r.e. posted:

I believe it was $40 for the preorder, I assume that's going to be retail as well.

Eh, sounds like ill wait for the first sale on it. Between Evolve and For Honor I'm a little worried about multiplayer only affairs. It seems so easy to make cool carrots on sticks to keep people playing, but so far nothing has really satisfied.

Edit: but at least there is some kind of campaign attached to it. Honestly if the digital 40 gets me at least 2 movies worth of recreating beloved scenes from I'd probably be happy with that.

OxMan fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 17, 2017

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

That's good IMO, my biggest fear for this game is that it ends up like assassin's creed multi where good hunted can clown on hunters all day.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Thanks for that 8am steam tip. Checked PSN at 8 15 and now i can get a match in before work whoo!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

EffEmmEll on PS4, will be on all night lol.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

weekly font posted:

I think a pretty good rule of thumb is if you spawn near a main house, the phone or a car, get the gently caress away.

I'd say the car yes, the others the opposite. Jason doesnt get sense off the bat iirc so you want to just loot those asap. Unless you're super slow and caught in a 1 door cabin you should always be able to juke a fresh Jason that cant warp around.

I was just in a game where I couldn't find a escape item. Keys, gas, propeller, battery, not 1. I was the only one left alive and none of my teammates found any either. I found like 4 of their corpses. Are there alternative middle of nowhere spawns for them or something?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Also EffEmmEll for PS4 goons. I've actually found more parties and people that stick around and chat between matches in this game than any other.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

KildarX posted:

As for telegrab I think the shambling Jason's need it other Jason's may or may not but I got kited around the car once for two minutes because the injured counselor could out limp me.

I was lucky enough to hit lvl 7 before the xp freeze so I got a couple games in as Jason 7 and he sprints slower than most counselors jog. I think walk Jasons should have the teleport grab but the run ones should have a 2 second cooldown before they can grab since they can just melee you anyways. Also hot tip: put your bear traps behind what you're gonna juke jason around. Too many times I've seen him walk in, get trapped, and block the exit.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

404notfound posted:

It's still early so it's hard to say, but I wonder what kind of balance changes will get introduced down the line. Some people are saying that the game will gradually tip in the counselors' favor as people unlock more perks to use.

I've have a perk that starts you out with a radio which seems really good. I think there is one that starts you out with a map too but people will nav those by feel soon enough.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

beggar posted:

PS #TeamBuggsy

Had an 8/8 counselor survived game because jason 6 spent half the game chasing me from cabin to cabin. Combat stance is essential, juke him if he's grab range and swing, he'll go down more often than not. With judicious blocking and a perk that lets me use first aid sprays twice it is a pain to both fight or catch buggsy.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I've been playing Jason 7 to make it harder on myself. You don't have the rundown capability of 3 or the walk speed or ranged shenanigans of 6. You can see where people are all day but it's actually hard to catch them, and you have to play smart and hit and run a lot to kill more than 1 or 2 people. The cop call is a genuine threat because even the slower counselors can ditch you jogging and get to the edge, especially in crystal lake, on foot.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Haha, fastest game ever. Spawned by boat as Buggsy. Find propeller in the first house. Run to boat as Chad shows up with the gas. In complete silence, we both manage to somehow not gently caress up our repairs, then got in and peaced out. I think the whole thing was under 3 minutes.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

All the people complaining about survivors being too weak need to play buggsy. 2 Buggsies with baseball bats can lock down a jason till he morphs or shifts out.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Hey fellow Jason 7s. Here is my usual routine. I find how you spend your pre shift time sets the pace for the rest of the match. I typically start by looking at the map for blip concentrations. If there are lots ill pop in and say hi, maybe catch an unlucky slower guy. Otherwise most times I go for the phone. Pop nearby electricity if possible, bust down the house's doors, maybe a second if it is really close. On my way out ill leave a trap if I'm feeling saucy on the jumper box.
Then I'll head for the nearest car. By now I'm at or close to shift, and have the phone area pacified. If i warp by the yellow car and no one is around ill bust down the nearest door until my cooldown recharges. Blue car usually has at least 1 person by it. I'll do a short chase here even if shift isn't up, i want people to run from the car. Run back, bust down doors. I'll trap the gas, maybe the battery when no one is around. By now shift is up and the hunt is on. Check the phone again, usually there will be someone there you can catch. If not, terrorize the car areas with stalk which should be up soon after and continue the hunt. Busting down doors by foot trafficked areas is the most important thing to allow you to shift through indoor areas to catch people since your walk speed is such poop. I usually try and swing on someone once or twice before grabbing. If I've wounded them or better yet slowed them, i don't care as much about getting knifed as the time i spent on the chase has weakened them and likely guaranteed the next shift grab.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I don't remember who was keeping track of the PS4 tags and i keep going back pages and not finding them. A very enthusiastic pubby picked me up in a party on launch night and I've basically mostly playes the game with him and his IRL friends with a few pubs to round us out but now he's off to work and I can't find a single game by myself.
Not to mention we all have psychic and can instantly coordinate. The difference between a fun game and a poo poo one is no coms or people speaking only in their party and not setting it to gamechat.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Snatch Duster posted:

Pleadied for his life by offering up the hot dogs and soda that the man he murdered in the intro brought.

Ooh dude that's jeff.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Tomahawk posted:

jason is simultaneously weak and OP

I don't know if I'm a scrub at lvl 22 still but IMO I feel like running Jasons are the OP ones whereas speedwalking Jasons are fine. Running Jasons can do all sorts of dumb gamey poo poo on top of shiftgrabbing that are either impossible or a lot harder to gauge/do well as a walking Jason (round start morph run kills, morph grabs) and are tougher to deal with in both ranged and melee combat.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Knifegrab posted:

I really don't understand how to play spear jason. He sucks so bad. He is too slow to hit anyone with weapons. Sure you get a bunch of throwing knives but not enough to really do damage to all the counselors. You have to rely on shift to get grab kills (which holy gently caress good luck with a ping above 150).

With the walking Jasons it is all about using your powers properly. I've posted about it a few pages ago but how you spend your pre warp time is also important (trapping phone, hacking nearby unvisited cabin doors down etc).
Let's say you're 5 minutes in, no kills, but you're keeping on top of the car and phone. You find a lone counselor, and they hop out a window. What you want to do is keep sense up to know where they are but not necessarily run right after. Morph out of the cabin as close as you can to the counselor. Save shift and stalk for when they're running out of stamina. If you ever have your cooldowns up and a counselor has stopped for stamina, stalk, and shift behind them, almost guaranteed grab. You want to be a threat and make counselors run, but don't want to blow your cooldowns until they're out of sight but in sense range.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

"Jason is overpowered" is my favorite game criticism meme.

I played about an hour ago and 4 Buggzy's, 2 Adams, and AJ were treating Jason like the copy machine from Office Space.

I watched once as properly perked buggsy and adam clowned on a jason 9 in the wide open target practice area for a good 4 minutes until the jason finally gave up and morphed out.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I stutter, so it's not like I'd be understood if I had a mic plugged in anyway :(

There's a deaf goon that we play with that I can make out maybe about a 5th of what he's saying and he's fine, don't worry about it!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Chi chi chimi cha cha changa is what I usually say when i catch people as jason.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

DrNutt posted:

You can come back as Tommy after you escape? :vince:

It takes bad jasoning, but if you call jarvis and no one is dead, itll pull from escapees.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

King Vidiot posted:

Ran into my first That Guy, a Jason who knew exactly where everybody was and could teleport straight to them.

I finally got to play a game as the final unlocked lvl 31 Jason (9?) yesterday and that was how i felt. Cant hear poo poo but that's irrelevant when activating sense lets you see half a map, and then you have +shift and +stalk on TOP of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Skoll posted:

Did they even have bikinis that small in 1984?

I want those first season of married with children bikinis that are insanely sharp angled because they had to go over the hip. Hell Deborah is already the young version of Angela from Who's The Boss, so there's some wonderful outfit ideas right there. I want Jasons mask to get caught on my massive shoulderpads.

Edit gently caress if they have a Speedo Chad I'm switching off random for the first time in forever.

• Locked thread