Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

BeigeJacket posted:

Alright, I've done my chores for the day - bathroom is cleaned, dinner is prepped.

Time to get stuck in.

EDIT: Welp, got murdered. Thanks random Korean guy in the chat, for explaining what the controls were!

Questions: Do the counselors not have access to a map? We were all running around very lost all session.

Camera seems a little twitchy as well.
It is a great addition to remove the map. It does make Tommy more useful since he carries a map and one bullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Tommy is supposed to be a last ditch effort. There is nothing stopping him from looting corpses and being a distraction.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Pharmaskittle posted:

Hey I'm not ready to pull the trigger on this quite yet despite watching some beta gameplay. Are there any good Twitch streams of the full game to help me decide? I ask because I have a really low tolerance for obnoxious streamers. Thanks!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146845488
Around 2:27. Even has a Dev.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They will likely give you the sub-zero kill at the end of the game's life, on its last map DLC.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I played a bit of the beta but I'm sort of lost when I should be running/walking/stealthing. It seems like even walking makes a ton of "noise".

Also, is there a way to tell your fear level without looking at your counselor's face?
If your screen goes dark and your mini-map disappears, you are scared. You also trip often.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Someone put up a foil for 25 cents.:laugh:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Goddamn, the fourth movie is awesome!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I finished my first game. Some asshat bypassed mute and created staticy music the whole game. Good start. Played as average stat Schmo. First cabin, I find firecrackers, a map, and headed towards a car. Tested out the bad controls and dropped the firecrackers on myself, Jason music blared seconds after, but missed me. Likely found his first victim. I hid in a barn and dropped a trap while trying to dodge Jason. drat controls. Found a battery and fixed the car like a champ. Smart girl loaded the fuel right after and after a little scavenging next to blaring rear end in a top hat, someone found the keys and the four of us descended on the car. Idiot driver ignored my directions and got us farther away from the exit. Driver bailed and I took over, leading us past Jason murdering victim three and safely escaped with a full car. Bad Jason.

Got 1000XP and level 3. "OK" hand gesture badge. Yeah. Went to roll new perks and game died. Rolled a better swimmer perk that made me more fearful and hanging on 1000CP.

edit: Sold two bad perks and rerolled a better dodge and faster fear reduction, with no negatives at all.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 27, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I already have one character who fell through the map and might time us out.
And I crashed, right when I was chosen as Tommy.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I got more fatal errors than fatalities. The loading thing is number two.

Listen to my story of lovely Bill:
Jason was a total newbie and couldn't attack anyone for several minutes. Everyone eventually massed into the giant lodge with the folding chair kills. Half of us had weapons at the ready and Jason nabbed one of us. *blam* Bill betrayed us and everyone are now freaking out. Jason ran into the trap, got stunned, and I tossed fireworks at him to stun him again. We all scatter. Someone called the cops and we bid our time. Those with phones are now joking at the traitor Bill, who didn't know about the pellet shot, ends up hiding for several minutes after the cops are called. My jock boyfriend and I exchanged kisses in front of Jason and escaped to the cops. Others followed. lovely Bill took his time walking half the map to the police escape and Jason was made fun of the whole game. The nerd killed more people than Jason.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I got a fatal error right after picking up the fuse. I hope I didn't despawn with it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am done with the fatal errors for tonight.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I still can't go a full game without crashing and I am accomplishing more by idling cards. 8 hours and 4 more to go.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Coolguye posted:

By the way, seriously, verify your install files. I have not heard of anyone having so many CTD problems. Server problems absolutely, but CTD no.
Pubbies tell me the same thing. I do verify that one file, but there seems to be some sound related trigger that causes a fatal error. The Tommy cutscene, firecrackers going off nearby, flares hitting Jason, character tripping. I can't reproduce it. Maybe I have to go through all the sounds until it fixes itself.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 27, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I did get Jason yesterday and the points for it, because it was almost a perfect survivor round. I look up the controls for his weapons and start cursing the throwing knife key. Why that button? I was lucky to telefrag a guy because he jumped through a window, twice. Three minutes into the round and a car is going. I try to teleport and it wouldn't let me. The boundary was a short drive from the car and a massive road leading out behind it. That fooled me. I dropped traps at both cars, but went to the wrong spot, giving them time to escape. I killed two more people around the other car, but they still drove off when they scattered and I was recharging very slowly. Not even getting the kool-aid man skill.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
How do I drop the keys?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yeah, in drawers. They aren't as common as maps or radios, but about the same as first aid sprays imo.
Sprays tend to be in the bathrooms.

After three completed rounds, I finally got a crash. Things are looking up.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Second shot at being Jason and I killed six people. Knew where to drop traps and people were just telling me to kill them by the fuse box. Two escaped by car with a lucky early start. The rest got whittled down and begged for mercy after missing their shots. First window kill as well. Looking forward to the other environmental kills.

Constant crashing is starting to become a thing again.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

So what platforms are having the most trouble? I cannot get into a single quickmatch on XBL and I played in a private game with some delightful goons until the server dropped all of us.
For me, PC is hosed with all the crashing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Crashed again and with keys and a car ready to drive out. I am done with this game until the next patch.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Haha no.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Crabtree posted:

Well, I'd like to play this game but all I'm getting is The Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this, after another reinstall. Also no VCRUNTIME140.dll. Um, what the gently caress?
I wish mine was descriptive. Maybe you should post on the steam forum.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Hold shift and E.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Just got my last card drop after saving this. I could finish all the badges and be at the same level as my character.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It seems the PS4 servers have the login issues and very long wait times.

My rocker chick only gets in trouble when I am near cars or the phone. I do have strong sense perks and stamina regeneration.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Nicaden posted:

Well after multiple attempts, I got my very first session. I was hoping to play as a counselor but I somehow ended up with Jason for my very first game. I have never played this game before so I had no idea what I was doing. Despite that, I somehow managed to kill all the counselors and Tommy Jarvis in around 6 or 7 minutes.

Hearing some kid poo poo himself upon seeing me walk through walls and doors after him was the highlight of my session. As was teleporting in front of a pair of escaping counselors and hearing two men scream like little girls.

Next session was as counselor but I crashed in less than 2 minutes. Hopefully they'll have sorted out the PS4 server issues by by next week.
You get Rage after ten minutes. Did you mean 6 minutes remaining or did you not play the game?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I forgot achievements were a thing. Mine don't even unlock.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ChickenHeart posted:

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot; HOT PRO TIP: If you are carrying important items and are not in a position to use them, you can use the "z" key to drop whatever you have equipped, preferably near where the item will be used or somewhere a counselor can find them You tap "z" to drop small items, hold it to drop large stuff.
Aw gently caress. I thought my key was broken.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Coolguye posted:

Jim Sterling is just a self-righteous dick who has built his internet persona on effectively being a nerd Strong Daddy. He will always claim superiority, never admit fault, and will happily put someone else down to make him look better to his fanbase. He has not been worth listening to for literal years.

100% of the time my first move is to morph to the power box that services the phone line and bust it. In addition to getting an idea of if there's anyone in the immediate area and making the cabins more hostile to survivors, it also adds ANOTHER step to calling the cops.
That box was always destroyed. Are there two boxes for the cabin?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
As Jason, can you walk over your own trap without getting caught?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I'll give it a chance after lunch.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Unbalanced posted:

Players are really good at putting their feet in their mouths in this game. On several occasions I've been called an idiot or that I suck only to get the kill within the next minute.
The next minute? I wouldn't post how badly I got told off.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is the police phone cabin the one with the blue light on its generator?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I got knocked off the map by Tommy in a Royal Rumble. Hell is fighting four people with weapons around a fixed car. They still died over time, thanks to invincibility frames and button mashing. Another survivor managed to get the car knocked around so hard it jumped a fence and drove around me. I ran out of charge by then and it escaped.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Walkies make it easier for Jason to home in on you and to talk to anyone who has one, which alerts Jason to them if they talk back.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

BillBear posted:

She's really really good. Her stealth and composure make it REAL hard for Jasons to find her if she's careful and her repair is decent enough for her to get out on her own. She's the best option for lone wolves by far.
She is also available real early.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think the mouse wheel can scroll through items without using them.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Did someone make a scoring table for what Jason can do? I want to hit 1900.
I drop traps outside open windows but they never fall for it. I am at 0% success and I think I would rather drop traps elsewhere.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Coolguye posted:

somewhat similar question: do you get the screen distortion shift effect if Jason morphs in close to you? I've seen this happen a couple of times <60 seconds into the game and it seems really hinky at times.
You get it any time his icon is on your screen when he travels. Really distracting.

I spawned at the death area last game when he knocked the power out to a cabin. Just seeing this lumbering guy walk across outside while you are quiet in the darkness. Spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Chad literally has a perk that makes the car faster if you're the only one in it. Always abandon people as Chad his entire purpose is to be a lucky rear end in a top hat who saves his own skin. If you aren't being a smarmy self serving Chad you're loving it up. Make sure to brag about your parents wealth and refer to yourself in third person over voice chat if you are Chad
A specific character perk? I have one that everyone can use.

• Locked thread