Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Banana shoes are amazing 🍌 🍌 🍌

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Sociopastry posted:

Banana shoes are amazing 🍌 🍌 🍌

I'd wear 'em. But hell, I've never pretended to be hip to the trends :shrug:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
The thing that bothers me about the red lace dress is the white slip with a black belt. Both need to be white or black imo

Otherwise it's just a taste thing, and I am in a glass house in that regard

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'd mostly be concerned about fabric/construction quality on that lace dress. That seems like one of those things that could look amazing if made extremely well, from high-quality materials, and worn by the right person, but if any of those factors are off... terrible.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I'm also not sure I'd wear it to the office, no matter what they say. :v:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

He looks like a Final Fantasy character, if Final Fantasy existed in the same universe as this:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

"Stick your feet in the air to take listing photographs of shoes" isn't a new thing, actual retail site do it. But it bugs me sometimes. Especially when people do the socks & sandals thing.

If the deal with the website is that they're selling those specific sandals in the picture, wouldn't the socks be more of a hygiene thing than fashion?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

These are garter leggings BTW. 8 can't really think of a temp where they would be comfortable. If it's warm enough for bare thighs, it's too hot for leggings from top of the knee to ankle. If it's cool enough for the leggings to not make you overheat, you're gonna have chilly thighs.

I do think they look cool, but I've already established I have gothgarbage taste.

Wow, I've actually seen these in the wild. My nieces watch the Asian music show on local tv and I knew I recognised that.

There is a surprising* correlation between fashion travesties and Kpop.

I'm pretty sure that male model wearing US football equipment was in another music video, too.

*not surprising

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

Bees on Wheat posted:

He looks like a Final Fantasy character, if Final Fantasy existed in the same universe as this:

I fully expect to see some Rebel in the next Star Wars wearing that jacket.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Guy Goodbody posted:

If the deal with the website is that they're selling those specific sandals in the picture, wouldn't the socks be more of a hygiene thing than fashion?

Yeah I thought of that. I can't condone their use of ugly rear end-socks. Plain any color would be about a thousand percent better

Also hush. They're selling rotten Old Navy sweatshirts to each other and I would lay money some of them are just doing the sick thing because they saw someone who is #DepopFamous do it first.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Elf Sack?

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Bad fashion has reached the Vatican:

Look at those veils! Ivanka's is not ugly, but looks more like part of a princess costume than a church veil. Melania's is a disaster. It's weirdly triangular, it doesn't reach her shoulders, and her hairdo gives it a weird shape:

For the record, you don't have to wear a veil to a papal audience, and this is what I think she was going for

Except in black, because only 7 women in the world are allowed to wear white when meeting the pope.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

pidan posted:

Except in black, because only 7 women in the world are allowed to wear white when meeting the pope.

Why?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Because the pope* said so?

*) Some pope at some time.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

white privilege

It's for the wives of certain Catholic monarchs (or the monarch themself if female). I'm not sure why it's those specific ones, maybe they're the only ones to visit the pope often enough to care.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Francis walked in and was like "Jeez, who died?"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

His orthopedic shoes are the best part of that outfit.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Was idly poking through the old lolita fashion A/T and encountered the following faceburner:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I think it's the pink ruffled...thing throwing the whole outfit off.

Saw a couple girls in full-blown Decora at a con this past weekend, didn't know that was still a thing.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Saw a couple girls in full-blown Decora at a con this past weekend, didn't know that was still a thing.

I think Miley Cyrus kind of ripped it off a couple years ago and there was a resurgence.

I love Decora from a "drat that's some weird art" perspective. Also I love Kyary Pamyu Pamyu because she is a parade float of a human being.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gonna chime in and say those goth garbage garter leggings are cool and good.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Was idly poking through the old lolita fashion A/T and encountered the following faceburner:

The Covfefe in it's natural environment

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Ladies and gentlemen, The Search for the Ugliest Wedding Dress Ever Created.

Many wonderful things await you in the comments. Here is a preview.

This owns, though.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

This owns, though.

Bride of Olmec

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Well, these two at least know what a wedding is really all about :dong:

The Cannes festival had some interesting looks. I'm not sure that these are all from the red carpet, but they're all from the event, so I think they're fair game:

So, some lady wore this dress, and it's fine, though it's made from that glitter wool your grandma uses for scarves.

I feel like this lady had the same idea, but when she discovered her dress twin, she decided to take the skirt off at the last minute.

And while we're talking about skirts:

These are curtain tassels.

This dress(?) looks really great in motion, but the boob window is too much for me.

Marion Cotillard based each part of her outfit on items in this thread.

The underdress is wonderful, but something is not right about that bodice.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Oh gently caress yes, I love terrible wedding fashion.

I like how in this one they're like "WELCOME TO MY PUSSY"

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
TBH I like the "I need four motherfuckers to hold up my hat" thing. I wouldn't like it if someone did it off of a runway, though.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, The Search for the Ugliest Wedding Dress Ever Created.

Snip

Snip

This owns, though.

That first one is from Etsy, isn't it? I'd like it if were made of a raw-edged material with no shine. And not white. And the glove situation was better.

Agreed that the bigface dress owns.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I like this one. It's like a dream princess wedding dress.

Except for the boob part. That's a bit obnoxious.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

pidan posted:

These are curtain tassels.

Conceptually I realize that this is awful, but man, something about the execution is making me love it. Is it just Jessica Chastain?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I think the pink thing is a petticoat. It's supposed to give under poof to a dress, not hang around the neck. If it weren't for that, I suppose it'd be a fine Lolita [genre goes here] dress.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Speaking of bad wedding dresses, brides on Say Yes to the Dress love this one, and I don't remotely get it. My student loans are less than this costs, and yet it looks so cheap.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Most things look bad when modeled by a literal carrot

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Depressio111117 posted:

Speaking of bad wedding dresses, brides on Say Yes to the Dress love this one, and I don't remotely get it. My student loans are less than this costs, and yet it looks so cheap.

It's like she was in sexy lingerie, about to gently caress a dude, when all of a sudden his wife walked in and she had to wrap the bedsheet around her lower half for modesty and jump out the window.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Most things look bad when modeled by a literal carrot

fac king lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

You know what, she's not even orange exactly, she's the exact color of every beach-themed Caucasian Barbie from the eighties. It's making me really nostalgic.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Depressio111117 posted:

oh man, Say Yes to the Dress is like, one of my go-to brain-fart shows. I loving love watching some of the weird bullshit these ladies like.

That dress is on so often, and I also have no idea why. I guess the top part is quite flattering to her figure but at that point why not go whole hog and just do a transparent, silky, see-through thing on the bottom?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Depressio111117 posted:

Conceptually I realize that this is awful, but man, something about the execution is making me love it. Is it just Jessica Chastain?

Yep, she likes her flowy things. :swoon:

Which is great, until this happens.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

value-brand cereal posted:

I think the pink thing is a petticoat. It's supposed to give under poof to a dress, not hang around the neck. If it weren't for that, I suppose it'd be a fine Lolita [genre goes here] dress.

It doesn't have much volume for a petticoat, though. I should add that I'm used to seeing costume-ish petticoats, ones that if worn around the neck, would turn the entire upper half into a circle of fluff. Maybe an overskirt or something?

It could also be a "topper," can't think of a better term, although I know they exist. I recently sold a really cool vintage one that was sheer black covering in sequins, made a butterfly pattern. It's like a bolero on steroids, covers the front as well.

Depressio111117 posted:

Man. I don't like that. It would be better with a skirt made from layers of sheer stuff, IMO.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I'm used to seeing costume-ish petticoats, ones that if worn around the neck, would turn the entire upper half into a circle of fluff.

I want to see this now.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hyperhazard posted:

Yep, she likes her flowy things. :swoon:

Which is great, until this happens.

They should have learned from comics (bottom right):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

This is the natural evolutionary end for us all.
Bizarro Power Girl.

• Locked thread