Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
That's appropriate as it looks like a bunch of foreskin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

For when you love tulle, and you love weddings... but you don't love yourself. At all.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Also, I HATE tights and shorts.

Check your privilege.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Also, I HATE tights and shorts.

Well, she evidently doesn't skip leg day.

But what precisely do you dislike about that combo? (In general, I mean)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hard no. posted:

For when you love tulle, and you love weddings... but you don't love yourself. At all.

I think this is pretty.

I'm also not fashionable.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

I think this is pretty.

I'm also not fashionable.

I agree, I like the sunset look.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'd like it if it was the entire dress but it just being the bottom makes it look like a stain.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Internet Kraken posted:

I'd like it if it was the entire dress but it just being the bottom makes it look like a stain.

I think drip dyed dresses rule.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I think that the effect can be interesting, but do you want... interesting from a bucket of dark dye on a dress you just paid like 1500$ for? DIY projects on designer gowns kind of makes my stomach grumble and feel off... it could be a really pretty white cotton summer dress with a sunset effect maybe all over... but it looks like she stepped in a big old puddle of tacky on her wedding day.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Samovar posted:

Well, she evidently doesn't skip leg day.

But what precisely do you dislike about that combo? (In general, I mean)

I just don't. I actually thought it was a Chinese thing; I don't remember seeing that combo before I moved here. I saw a woman wearing very ill-fitting red pleather shorts today over a pair of thick black tights (it's at least 30 degrees out) and it was just so ugly. Unless the shorts fit very well, it doesn't work.

At least her tights are cute? I dunno. Just not my thing.

I have a rainbow dress to submit, though.

Katie Price, you are my dream girl.

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah; a softer color would have been better IMHO.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Katie Price, you are my dream girl.

I know we're not supposed to comment on the people, but I am so happy that it would be completely impossible to make my boobs do that.

Wait. If they're implants, that counts as an outfit, right? Or do we call it an "infit"? Because they're technically accessories I guess.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I actually like some of those rainbow dresses, but then I am basically a fashion turd.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

"Can you just wax the top?"

Picnic Princess posted:

I know we're not supposed to comment on the people, but I am so happy that it would be completely impossible to make my boobs do that.

Wait. If they're implants, that counts as an outfit, right? Or do we call it an "infit"? Because they're technically accessories I guess.

Hee-hee, infit!

IIRC she is pregnant in this photo, but I believe she does also have implants. She used to have huge ones, but I believe she had smaller one put in around the time she changed her name from Jordan to Katie Price. lol "Jordan" means toilet hahahahaha

Sociopastry posted:

I actually like some of those rainbow dresses, but then I am basically a fashion turd.

me, too but also they look like Traveler wedding gowns to me, and My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding is the most AUG show I think I've ever seen. I heard there's an American version now, but I'm not sure I want to watch it.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 07:37 on Apr 19, 2017

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

oh man, those big fat wedding shows are like crack to me and I don't know why, I hate every single second I'm watching them.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Sociopastry posted:

oh man, those big fat wedding shows are like crack to me and I don't know why, I hate every single second I'm watching them.

It's like peeling off a Biore strip: :barf: this is gonna be gross :barf: oh it hurts :barf: :stare: WOW LOOK AT THAT! :byodame:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Sociopastry posted:

I'd love it if you could explain why because this drives me nuts. Almost every time I visit my mom's house she will be watching one of those shows and complaining about every second of it. I ask her why she watches them if she hates it so much and she just shrugs.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Fleta pretty much hit it on the head there. It's a little like peeling a pore strip or popping a particularly bad pimple- unpleasant and gross, but strangely satisfying.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

More like watching Dr. Pimple Popper videos at 3 in the morning and screaming internally "WHY AM I HERE WHY AM I HEEEEEERE" yet you keep clicking on the suggested videos.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm gonna regret looking that up, aren't I?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Sociopastry posted:

I'm gonna regret looking that up, aren't I?

Yes. And no. There's a fine line between satisfaction and regret.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Picnic Princess posted:

Yes. And no. There's a fine line between satisfaction and regret.

Sounds like my sex life.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Just make sure you're not eating, especially anything to do with soft or crumbly cheese, vanilla or rice or tapioca pudding, or ranch dressing.

Bogan King posted:

Sounds like my sex life.

Still applies.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I used to have the same reaction to Toddlers and Tiaras.

Can't watch Dance Moms. Too many flashbacks to when I was a kid (Not from my own mother, but watching the mothers of my friends. This wasn't even competitive dance.)

e: HOW MANY COMFORTERS HAVE TO DIE BEFORE THIS NEEDLESS SLAUGHTER ENDS

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Someone took that Mitch Hedburg joke about clothes made of blankets to heart.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My friend keeps talking about entering her kid who is currently 1 1/2 in pageants. Both her husband and myself are begging her not to do it. I've told her so many times that it devastates their self-worth and turns them into these monsters who think the only way to get ahead in life is to ruin everyone else's self esteem around them. They'll grow up thinking they're ugly and inadequate if they don't win all the time, that the only value they have as a woman is their looks, that things like creativity, ingenuity, intelligence, etc don't matter. And that her child isn't a prop to dress up and parade around. It's loving depressing when she randomly brings it up.

http://acidcow.com/pics/7461-child-beauty-pageant-29-pics.html

Click that if you want to die.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Seems she's doing a terrible loving job representing 'hair color remover'.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Seems she's doing a terrible loving job representing 'hair color remover'.

Maybe she's the mascot of unwanted hair color?

Also those poor kids. Why do they all look like a Denny's waitress who wants to be a MUA smoked a lot of meth and then went hog loving wild with the hairspray, powder, curling iron, hairspray, powder, powder, more powder, those kids are gonna have the makeup veraon of coal lung.

I think it's called glitter lung but I might have made that up

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I unironically like 80% of the dresses posted ITT, maybe I have some sort of fashion disorder.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
A lot of the “Finnish street fashion” posted at hel-looks isn’t so bad, but there are far too many men wearing coats longer than their shorts.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

pidan posted:

I unironically like 80% of the dresses posted ITT, maybe I have some sort of fashion disorder.

Noooo just like them and feel good! This is a feel-good thread. Look, I'll admit something: I still wear low-rise flares AND I have a tramp stamp. And I like both of those things!

But it's okay to make fun of them, and I think we should all make fun of AND admire things in this thread.

also post more hideous claptrap

Accidental Chinese Hipsters is the best site:

wo shi rollin'

ni shi hatin'

okay I don't speak Chinese

Picnic Princess posted:

My friend keeps talking about entering her kid who is currently 1 1/2 in pageants. Both her husband and myself are begging her not to do it. I've told her so many times that it devastates their self-worth and turns them into these monsters who think the only way to get ahead in life is to ruin everyone else's self esteem around them. They'll grow up thinking they're ugly and inadequate if they don't win all the time, that the only value they have as a woman is their looks, that things like creativity, ingenuity, intelligence, etc don't matter. And that her child isn't a prop to dress up and parade around. It's loving depressing when she randomly brings it up.

http://acidcow.com/pics/7461-child-beauty-pageant-29-pics.html

Click that if you want to die.

Oh, god, no. There are pageants that are more like talent shows, but not for kids that young. It's such a massive expense and depending on the kid's personality, it can be really damaging. Also, cute kids don't always grow up cute. Look at that Honey Boo Boo kid.

echopapa posted:

A lot of the “Finnish street fashion” posted at hel-looks isn’t so bad, but there are far too many men wearing coats longer than their shorts.

The Hel-Looks Fashion SWAT was the thing that made me wonder if my fashion was also broken, because I was impressed by a lot of the outfits.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
The Tokyo-Fashion Tumblr page is a great source for "unique" fashion choices.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This owns

Flaming Lime
Dec 30, 2016

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Question Mark Mound posted:

The Tokyo-Fashion Tumblr page is a great source for "unique" fashion choices.

I'd wear this.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Ugly bulky knots.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Explain.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

The Merovingian wore his tie like that in the Matrix movies, so of course it must be a cool and stylish way to knot a tie.

Edit: In case you want to do this to yourself,

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Because when I think "cool", I think the sequels to the Matrix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
No one cool or interesting or without bad facial hair has ever tied their tie like that.

• Locked thread