Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/timothycsimons/status/853621986697691136

That's right folks, everyone's favorite hyper-vulgar political comedy is coming back for season 6! The end of last season saw Selina Meyer lose the Presidency, with season 6 picking up a year later. What is Selina doing with her life? How is Mike adjusting to being a dad? Has Jonah gotten kicked out of Congress yet? Who knows! We'll start getting answers tonight.

Current Veep EP and Showrunner David Mandel did a brief interview on Pod Save America discussing the new season. He told a story about how, because of Trump, they had to cut a joke about golden showers out of the script; thanks Donald! He also mentioned that, in addition to opening new avenues for storylines, not being in the WH is a blessing this season because of the outcome this past November. Turns out real life really is more absurd than fantasy.

Anyway, I'm excited, this is one of my favorite shows and I sincerely believe it's gotten stronger every year. This season should be a big departure from what we're used to, but I trust Mandel to keep things going after how well last season turned out.

Let's talk Veep!

Links
Seasons 1-5 Recap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SFNA3L2Hag
Congressman Jonah Ryan's Official Website: https://www.jonahryancongressman.com
Richard Splett: https://www.splettnet.net

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

and AIDS yes, we must never forget AIDS.

edit: four and a half pity handies.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 17, 2017

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Veep continues to be good at having small moments out of no where that compel you to feel bad for Selina.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
"Mangoes?"
"Green beans."

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I don't think I can stress enough how hard I laughed at Dan(ny)'s interview of Jonah. Those two have such a great relationship, Dan knows exactly how and when to press Jonah's buttons, and god bless Jonah Ryan for reacting in the worst possible way every time to every thing, big or small. They're like brothers.

Also every time Nelson Franklin shows up I know we're going to get at least one absurd, vulgar outburst from his boss.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Bunch of dumbass millenials, too lazy to learn how to drive drunk.

I loving love Ben

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"Walter Palenberg's jet is unavailable, because he's taking it on a "gently caress tour" of South America.

...It's weird that his assistant told me that."

So glad this show is back.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Andrew turning into a corrupt scumbag is a hilarious development.

I'm so glad that they upped Richard's role.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
'i think he's in a kennel or something"

"oh cool! is he getting a dog?"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I noticed that the woman in purple that Congressman Furlong made cry is back, still wearing purple and getting made fun of for it.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

'i think he's in a kennel or something"

"oh cool! is he getting a dog?"

He was so excited :3:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Fair play to them, I couldn't see how this could still work after real life has practically outdone anything the finest satirists of our time could come up with but that was a hell of a season opener. Anytime Dan and Jonah are on screen together is just magic. And lol at Richard coming across as the most savvy and sensible guy in the whole ep.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"You know what being an ex-President is like? It's like being a man's nipple. People go right by you to jerk off a dick"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sentinel Red posted:

Fair play to them, I couldn't see how this could still work after real life has practically outdone anything the finest satirists of our time could come up with but that was a hell of a season opener. Anytime Dan and Jonah are on screen together is just magic. And lol at Richard coming across as the most savvy and sensible guy in the whole ep.

I think if they'd still been in the WH it would have been a complete disaster. Even without Trump it would have been tough, because they've done so much there already, I think it would have just felt stale. And really, how would they even write for people like Mike when our current Press Secretary is going up there and talking about how Hitler isn't that bad?
I'm curious to see how Amy gets pulled back into the mix.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Maybe if we teach them to read a condom wrapper, they wouldn't get AIDS in the first place.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

DC Murderverse posted:

Also every time Nelson Franklin shows up I know we're going to get at least one absurd, vulgar outburst from his boss.

The best part is how the poor guy is just so defeated by rear end in a top hat Furlong that he just goes along with whatever awful thing his boss is saying and repeats whatever he's been told.

"Like what, Will?"

"Like me jamming anonymous trucker cock in my mouth in a restroom well-known for that purpose." :smith:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
HBO's advertising team must love their jobs getting to do stuff like this:
https://www.jonahryancongressman.com

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

HBO's advertising team must love their jobs getting to do stuff like this:
https://www.jonahryancongressman.com

Lmao at his Twitter list of Marine le Pen and Killswitch Engage

He's also following Kid Rock and a PUA account.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's another thread already for this show the predates this one by a couple weeks. I don't really think it needs two threads.

• Locked thread