Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jables88 posted:

No worries, I read that through twice to see if the answer was there!

I'm guessing not since there are limitations on other modes being restricted to 2 players and the Wii U version didn't support it.

It's a shame because I'd like to do 8 player with just two Switches and two TVs.

You should be able to. It says 3-4 player splitscreen docked and up to 12 system wired lan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

RCarr posted:

I haven't played Mario Kart since the N64 days. How many people can play over the internet together from their respective homes?

12! Everybody in the race picks a course and the game selects randomly from those in standard online play, so that's why in some screenshots of the online lobby there's a 2x6 grid of race tracks. I think it's been that way since...MKWii? I don't remember if MKDS had 8 or 12 racers in it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Xad posted:

12! I think it's been that way since...MKWii? I don't remember if MKDS had 8 or 12 racers in it.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to this!

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I think DS was eight racers.

e: although multiplayer might only have been four?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

How Rude posted:

why do the inklings get in as guests but not kirby

this is a travesty

And why is there no kirbys air ride sequel?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Ohtsam posted:

And why is there no kirbys air ride sequel?

As much as I want this (especially more city trial) I do not wish death upon Masahiro Sakurai, although maybe only Smash development kills him slowly

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

MKDS only had four-player online and everyone was hacking but it owned

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jables88 posted:

Any word on the online supporting more than 2 players on the same Switch?

I'm pretty sure 2 players is still the max.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I'm using tilt controls

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

No new courses? Thas a bit lame

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/HkHw2WLVj10

Fire hopping may be dead.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So all the parts, course, and speeds are unlocked from the get-go yeah?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Good

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Infinitum posted:

So all the parts, course, and speeds are unlocked from the get-go yeah?

Probably not?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gonna slampick Wario every race

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I am glad Nintendo atoned for the terrible crime of not originally including my boy Dry Bones.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Where is paratroopa Nintendo

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/854726318633693184

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Narcissus1916 posted:

I've got a VERY specific question.

Mario Kart 8 never updated its VS mode so that you could play ALL of the game's normal tracks + DLC in one massive cup. For whatever reason, they forgot to expand the cap past 32 stages.

Does anyone know if they changed this?

This was something I really wanted too and according to this video it's been up'ed to the full 48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej866IBRTpQ

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Agreed. Firehopping, whatever other controversy surrounds it, was simply not a fun technique to perform.

RFX
Nov 23, 2007
If I only own the joycon that came with my switch, will I still be able to play two players on both TV and tabletop mode, or do I need to get another controller?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

You can have one pair of joycon between two racers in Fast RMX so I assume you can do it MK8

And it works hilariously well.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

99% sure some video from nintendo was all look 2 people 1 controller. Plus MK8 doesn't use a ton of buttons there's enough on a single con

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

According to Nick Robinson from Polygon you can't use two Joy-Cons for one player (IE with the grip) while playing wireless split-screen (meaning two+ switches, connected wirelessly, doing split screen). You have to have each player use a single Joy-Con or a Pro Controller.

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/854853687117852673

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lmao. Nintendo really riding that gently caress player 2 mentality

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

That is loving dumb and I hope they change it. I was just telling my girlfriend how one of us can use the Pro Controller and the other can have the grip.

Guess I'll be ordering those tiny single joycon grips off Amazon.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.

I'm guessing it's a technical issue. Too many BT devices broadcasting in the space etc when it's 4 switches 16 controllers (2 players per switch, 2 controllers per player for the grip). I do wonder if it means you can have one person play on a switch in handheld by themselves and join in though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Just buy 4 pro controllers you guys

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Other goons have said that these are cool:

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED

Beastie posted:

Other goons have said that these are cool:

Those look like they'd be a godsend to big-handed people like me. I'm wary though because some people in the reviews said it caused the JoyCons to wiggle when playing in handheld mode. I wonder how widespread it is.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mine "wiggle" all of 2 degrees but only if I sit there trying to make them move. I think people expect them to not move at all but they're not designed to be that tight.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Yeah my joycons wiggle on the console a bit. Nothing that feels like they'll just slide right off. I assumed it was because my girlfriend and I put the straps on upside down. It happened so soon after opening the box I wasn't sure if they always did that or we legit wore down the rail with the strap.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Beastie posted:

Yeah my joycons wiggle on the console a bit. Nothing that feels like they'll just slide right off. I assumed it was because my girlfriend and I put the straps on upside down. It happened so soon after opening the box I wasn't sure if they always did that or we legit wore down the rail with the strap.
That will do it, no idea of these will either (I don't put the controllers in there enough).

But these feel great in the hand!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I'm not that bothered to be honest. I'm going to buy another set of Joycon come June so I can have 4 player local Mario Kart. The current one's that wiggle will be set aside as party controllers.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Postin' reviews.

https://youtu.be/_PuEn0ZOn5c

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here is my MK8 review

Buy it or ur bad

Nov 24, 2014

Can you upload clips to YouTube​ in Deluxe?

Edit: I thought someone mentioned that was missing.

226 fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Apr 21, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

226 posted:

Can you upload clips to YouTube​ in Deluxe?
Not until they enable the Girl Gamer button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Meridian posted:

Probably not?

Think I read that everything but parts is unlocked.

• Locked thread