Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

spare the rod, spoil the ham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

trump is the funniest thing to happen to the USA maybe ever, certainly in my lifetime

a distant runner up is george HW puking on the prime minister of japan

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

cool your jets, secretariat

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bernie sanders

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

tbf tennessee democrats are just pro-union republicans that like health care

that being said, sup

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

It's also why the last dem governor of TN was to the right of his Republican predecessor.

But it's still a fair criticism, and an image I hope to change, at least as far as what I can do in my little holler.

(Sundquist started tenncare, Bredesen slashed the gently caress out of it)

tennessee is weird. two of its four major cities are republican as gently caress but you dont see the republican excesses in this state that you see elsewhere. i mean hell, it has the fastest internet in the country and its government owned. and everybody loves it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Human Crouton posted:

"Hillary was the most qualified presidential candidate ever." - A person who has never heard of George HW Bush

ill never know why the hell anyone thought this. proximity to power is not the same thing as actually having it

and yea gearge hw was prob the most qualified ever except for maybe nixon

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

skasion posted:

I'm not gonna read this thread because it seems like its pretty retarded, but I am reading the book and it's definitely worth reading.

The biggest takeaway is that Hilldawg, Billdawg, and almost all of their senior aides and campaign functionaries, are enormous assholes. The ONLY leading member of the campaign that doesn't come off as a petty, backbiting little bitch is Jake Sullivan. Going purely by what the book says, Mook was a powerhungry little weasel who constantly undercut everyone else, Podesta was constantly on the verge of stroking out, and everyone was constantly suspicious that Huma was misrepresenting their positions to Hillary because they didn't have any other means of communication with their actual boss.

In addition to that her management style was completely dysfunctional, with no clear hierarchy apart from "Hillary rules ok". Whenever she felt someone had hosed up enough to be fired she wouldn't fire them, because she was worried they would rat on her to the press (this actually happened in 2008 so I guess it's understandable but drat). She would just strip them of responsibility by degrees and keep them hanging around as one more increasingly useless cook clogging up the kitchen while someone else usurped the actual work of their job with no change in their job title. Podesta and Mook absolutely hated each other and constantly feuded throughout the election, sometimes with Podesta literally screaming insults at Mook to his face. She did nothing to stop this or even suggest it was not a good thing. The way the book tells the story it's not clear she was even aware of it. Her hosed up campaign staff honestly reminds me of how the Nazi government was structured, with multiple levels of redundant bureaucracy and overlapping portfolios that got to do their jobs or not based solely on how well they could talk poo poo about one another and suck up to Hitler. But at least Hitler purged the underlings he was sick of.

this is the most hindsight is 20/20 situation in the history of the world

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Lol if you think the rest of the forums don't run this way

id go so far as say gbs is the only forum that doesnt. and even if it does, nobody gives a poo poo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

im just not invested enough in the internet to chat on IRC or whatever with you buttfucks

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

hillary "vilerat" clinton was so godawful that the rust belt flipped republican

what a world

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

shook nate silver

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i know a cnbc pundit that airs pretty regularly, an actual family friend i see on holidays, and even I think hes generally, 99% full of poo poo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

id really like to get some verification that hillary was drunk as a lord and violently trashing the room after trump won

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Yug posted:

The only time she has emotion in her voice is when she talks about how much she loves killing.

hell, same

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Molothecat posted:

It's been missing for a while, so here we go:

GBS hates women

it certainly hates this particular woman, justifiably

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bonerjam posted:

Hillary wanted to formally announce her candidacy on loving yahoo.
yahoo.

think about that for a second, it was in like 2014.

nah but she's totally in touch with your abuela.

i get your angle but that may be actually in touch with abuelas

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this is real talk but the more i read about her actions and how she treated people, the more glad i am trump won. at least he knows how to make friends

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pick posted:

he really doesn't either, that's one of his big failings in new york

in fact this is probably one of the ways the two are most alike

let me rephrase: trump can be friendly and charming when he wants to be

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ill never quite process the misogyny argument of why she lost. shes just a lovely person. id likely cast a ballot for either elizabeth warren or nikki haley, because i dont give a gently caress what they have between their legs when it comes to policy and demeanor. hillary just loving sucked and sucks as a person.

2016 was a hell of year. theyll need a poet to tell it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

trump is gerald ford, writ large

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pick posted:

I don't loving care if we bomb Syria.

in this, we agree

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

heres food for thought thats been chewed, digested, and shat about 4 times in a row:

if a right wing demagogue taking power was inevitable, its better a real estate buffoon than someone that actually knows how to use the groundswell of power.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Yug posted:

I'm waiting for the book of love notes between huma and hillary where they tell each other how they can;t wait to mash their pussies against each other.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the answer to syria is 4 letters: NATO

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

as the ombudsman of this thread, i have to admit that pick has a point that most americans dont give a gently caress about syria beyond correctly not wanting random refugees

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pick posted:

No, I don't care about Syria, that's what I'm saying. I care about the fact that like half my friends have PhDs and can't get jobs that cover their rent.

legit question, what disciplines?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Yug posted:

Yeah this Pick post is basically democrats.txt and is exactly why no one likes them anymore.

i must be missing something because I'm a terminal degree having moderate republican and i basically agree. what am i missing?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pick posted:

STEM biology, chemistry, physics

tell them to move to texas

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bonerjam posted:

also correct

you in middle tn?

gig city, chattanooga

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

this is the greatest burn, bravo sir

:-*

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

Your position is understandable, based on where you are coming from

the thing is, there was a time when Democrats provided an alternative to that

the joke is that now Democrats are just moderate Republicans with a different name

you can blame LBJ for that one. and its a complicated blame. complicated as friday's crossword

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

to be honest it really sounds like you want to MAGA but are hung up on idpol issues

for real

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pick posted:

Haha yeesh. I was just playing around with this thread (as usual). Interesting to know what people think, though. Have fun.

come the gently caress on. i even got in your corner a little bit and you chicken poo poo out

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

it's a good foil because right now there's a Hillary supporter reading this thread and totally fuming about it, and that's good enough for me

i believe theres some actual good sense in this thread. gently caress me, i guess

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

1. Change vs. more of the same
2. The economy, stupid
3. Don't forget health care.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Kiryen posted:

San Francsico could get vaporized and it would still be "meaningless war" wouldn't it?

NIXON: But it's not just the ratty part of town. The upper class in San Francisco is that way. The Bohemian Grove, which I attend from time to time--it is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine, with that San Francisco crowd. I can't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Orkin Mang posted:

i think the trans movement is just the vanguard of the mra movement but im also a marxist and a witch (white)

this right here, this is how to post in gbs

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

man I'm as isolationist as they come but even I would agree to going to war if Seoul or another allied city was attacked without provocation or our national security was at risk

we should have carpet bombed the poo poo out of Afghanistan post-9/11 and then left

Syrian intervention would actually jeopardize our national security because it's one of Russia's main allies and they simply want it more than we do, and I say let them have it

what do you think about japanese military buildup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

again, as the thread ombudsman, pick, you must face the truth that you are a moderate republican

• Locked thread