Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wow you guys really hate Hillary. Must be the liberal media bias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rutibex posted:

the real issue is the fact that Trump actually isnt sexist or racist at all. he is just presented that way with out of context gaffs or whatever. he is only sexist/racist by the narrow social justice re-definition of the words. that means every time people were told to be offended about him a certain portion of people saw it as positive

A certain portion of the world should check themselves more carefully. They might be giving themselves a pass on thinking some bullshit.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

sassassin posted:

Their votes count whether they check themselves or not.

I know. The idea that they won so they are correct isn't quite right tho.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

sassassin posted:

Winning is the best kind of correct.

It's impossible to argue with.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

bonerjam posted:

All a $15 or $20 minimum wage would do is cause mammoth inflation.

Incorrect

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I guess gloating about how terrible HRC is to you is more credible than talking about how great your President is.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

you know you're a bad candidate when a cartoon frog and a red hat whip your rear end lol

There was almost 30 years of hating Clintons. That investment paid off, sort of.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

OctaviusBeaver posted:

People who want to enforce existing immigration laws are literally Nazis imo

White supremacists are close enough to nazis for me. There's no need for hyperbole.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Remember when lower middle class white people started to vote for Republicans and the media instantly stopped calling them the "working class" and switched to "uneducated whites"?

Nope! Sounds like some defensive baloney.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JB50 posted:

Woop Woop that the sound of the racist police.

Nah. Come on. You're going to stand up for white supremacists?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hah. Racism is imaginary. OK. What a bunch of loonies.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

phasmid posted:

Some of you are acting as though "Correct the Record" is still a paying gig.

While some others think if they can just poo poo on Hillary enough Trump will start to have crossover appeal.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JB50 posted:

The KKK and skinheads are certainly the number one problem in America today.

They all vote GOP for sure but there are way more racists who follow suit but are less vocal. That second group have a vested interested in conserving massive inequalities but they don't have to shout about it. They still do all the time but the threshold for getting called a racist is actually pretty high in polite company.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JB50 posted:

Double down on the racism, sure helped Hilldawg.

Oh, the real racist is me? Really? Good one.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

If you didn't click it's an article about an existing labor shortage in Lousiana.

quote:

“The stance the president is taking is a concern,” says Dwayne Gafford, owner of Gafford Builders and president of the Capital Region Builders Association. “At a National Home Builders Association meeting in January, one big topic was the labor shortage. This had nothing to do with immigration. Generally speaking, we have a labor shortage. Since then, the president’s agenda on labor and immigration has become more of a concern to builders.”

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pick posted:

Nah, you didn't read it. Get far enough and you'll see what they're talking about in terms of having to offer people more money.

This part?

quote:

“The visa program is well conceived. Employers have to prove they cannot fill jobs to use it,” he says. “They have to pay thousands to advertise jobs, and if any American comes along, they get the job.”

The problem is no Americans come along. Or if they do, they don’t stay. Labor unions have argued Americans don’t go after farm jobs because wages are too low. But the 2017 wage rate for Louisiana H-2A workers is above minimum wage at $10.38 an hour.

“We’ve had farmers offer to pay $20 to $25 an hour,” Breaux says. “It’s not the pay. It’s the job task.”

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Immigrant labor generates value for US companies and they pay taxes.

It's funny to me that there are breitbarters out there who think illegal migrant workers are getting free college.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yug posted:

Wow all I have to do is be a US company then instead of a regular working person whose wages are lower because an immigrant will work it under the table.

Thanks democrats!!

Gee, it seems like neither party has much stomach to go after "small" business. I feel like regular US citizens should all be able to see that.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hollywood should remake Born in East L.A. and then finally collapse in on itself.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

We need a new HUAC except all it does is root out pedophiles

Are you now or have you ever been a tviv moderator.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko-i2qIn3cw

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Alienwarehouse posted:

We didn't fall in line in 2016. Why do you think Hillary lost? (And you still lost the popular vote!)

Yeah it seemed like people preferred the scary bigot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

lazorexplosion posted:

Everything about this election was perfect, well done to everybody involved. I don't see how you could possibly top this performance next time, but given that you have already exceeded my highest hopes I will wait with eager anticipation.

Wait till Kanye runs and wins. You haven't seen poo poo.

• Locked thread