Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

I never click on Twitter links because it's always a headache but Woko Haram is an awesome username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

nigga crab pollock posted:

im pretty sure they completely fabricated that entire story because they hosed up and crashed their top secret skunkworks stealth blackhawk that technically doesn't exist

Nah it's all above board just don't ask for evidence supporting our account of what happened.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I think Osama died earlier than we've been lead to believe

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I hope my counterpart is a girl

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

it's not it's a different cartoon frog sorry

What's her name

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

skasion posted:

It's already about as hard as I would expect a book that literally says it's trying to make you sympathetic to her point of view to be. It gets across that her point of view is batshit nuts, totally isolated from reality by entitlement, riches, and sycophants (there's a particularly memorable passage where she, baffled by Sanders and Trump's success, asks one of her aides, "what is everyone so angry about?") and that's why she confused the map for the territory and why she was such a deluded fool who ran without a reason and lost without enthusiasm. Even the authors can't resist the temptation to deflate her and her campaigns attempt to blame others for her loss and suggest that sometimes the problem is blindness to one's own problems. If you want to read a book that just straight up bashes Hitlery Cunton without any pretense of sympathy for her, there's practically a cottage industry of that since the 90s

Is the title Shattered a sly throwback to the glass ceiling Hillary kept referencing as reason enough to vote for her

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I never thought I'd so greatly enjoy seeing an old woman fall down like a demolitioned grain silo.

2016, you rascal

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Remember when sucker hillfolk got on Bernies rear end for not being a true devout democrat? then later told all of his angry supporters they need to suck it up or leave the party??

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Accretionist posted:

They're still doing that. They're anti-bigot Republicans with branding issues.

I distinctly remember several posters and op-eds post-primary claiming emphatically that Hillary absolutely does not need Bernie supporters' votes to win

*arrested development Ron Howard narration*
She Did

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Kiryen posted:

She's kind of got a point; at least she threw herself in and got her rear end kicked good and proper.

It's a terrible point and not a good sign that a public servant can't take criticism from a potential voter without resorting to "if you don't like it so much well why don't you run for office?"

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

bonerjam posted:

she's just so goddamn smug. with her chin in the air looking like that she's like an old rich white lady arguing with a fast food cashier that she wants three ranch cups and she's not gonna pay for them.

also has she had work done on her face?

Hell-loving-yes she's had work done. Look at that mouth, and that neck. Her lower face ought to look like a can of hosed spam considering how many times she's unhinged her jaw to devour a paralyzed infant

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Also most if not all celebrities and the more famous politicians have had their teeth fixed

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

bonerjam posted:

that would be like the first thing i did if i got some money to burn. i have bad teeth. straight, but bad.

i was looking at her cheekbone area it doesnt look right.

I had crooked teeth and got them fixed. Dentist confirmed that everyone you regularly see on tv with nice teeth has had a similar procedure

And Hillary is definitely botoxed up. You can tell by the stiff mouth and cheeks

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Too bad Hillary couldn't makeup a reason to vote for her!

Unrelated
https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/858007470073147393

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I found that tweet in a cspam thread about democrats and wouldn't ya know it, there are still posters down there who think Hillary didn't sufficiently control her message and if she only stayed in front of all these scandals more effectively than democrats would still be sitting pretty.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

She lost states by a smaller margin than the number of people who voted but just left the President part of the ballot blank. I think it's fair to say that if she had done pretty much anything better she would've won.

That's not a compliment, just to be clear. I mean that in the most insulting way possible.

See, I think her poorly handled responses to the public concerning her emails/paid speeches/oscillating views are not to blame for her loss.

What did Hillary in was that she was the kind of person who behaves that way and doesn't think it should even be an issue. She was out of touch, uninspiring and lacking any reason to run. An elite pr team wouldn't have been able to carry her into the white house unless they fabricated a new politician for her to play the role of.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

etalian posted:

I lolled at the story for Shattered for how her massive staff had writers block trying to create a reason for why Hillary wanted to be president

why do you love barriers so much?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
It's not wrong to get paid (even though he and Michelle already got several million for their book deal) but it sure looks lovely that he's taking money from Wall Street and cavorting with the mega rich on private islands.

Frankly it's a good unveiling of the democratic party's true behavior.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 29, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Obama can lend his celebrity and insight to any hundreds of progressive groups that would benefit substantially from having him stop by, groups that don't operate in direct conflict with his stated platform...

It's not so baffling though when you realize he too has a public and a private position on issues.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Hillary had such an easy thing handed to her this election and I'm baffled that folks would rather armchair politician the election than look a loser in it's face.

Maybe it was the other thread where someone claimed if it wasn't for media coverage of the alt-right then Hillary wouldn't have had to make her basket of deplorables gaffe and then she might have won Wisconsin.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

SickZip posted:

I think they were a crucial component of the election. without them, there's no basket of deplorable or mainstream derangement about nazis. without that there's no Trump margin of victory imo.

their agitation and trolling were online guerilla warfare and worked the same way regular guerilla warfare does, by provoking overreach thats radicalizes former moderates. if the media hadn't spewed such hysterical rhetoric in response to 4cham trolling them, then there's not such extreme tribalism going on, and maybe hillary does pick up those suburban republicans she wanted. But the media was instead pushing the idea that we were on the edge of rahowa because someone called them a jew on twitter

My bad, it's the alt-right and the media's fault Hillary lost.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Come on over to the Trump is Fine thread and tell em yourself :wave:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

new phone who dis posted:

She's going to run again. She thinks she has it all figured out.

:pray:

But otoh what if she won somehow

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

do the dems still believe they did nothing wrong and blame everyone else for them losing?

You know it dawg

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

in the strictest sense she's right that without comey and wikileaks she wins

Hmm I dunno about that.

She had everything one could possibly need to surf into the Whitehouse. And yet, she was barely keeping her head above water, almost as if all the privilege and preference in the world can only carry someone so far...

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

drat I wanted to know what CNN found in those emails

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Trump knew what the base wanted and told them he'd give it to them while simultaneously decimating complacent career republicans.

We should all be more thankful for that last fact alone. try to imagine a Cruz presidency

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
We have this disagreement every twenty pages where some people say he's a blathering fool and others say actually he's clearly retarded then the smartest among us say he knew enough to maim multiple political dynasties and do a con job on the entire stupid country right in front of our faces

so

if he's dumb so are us

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Dems should run that hot chick

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

phasmid posted:

I used to go to a laundromat run by first generation immigrants from...somewhere in Africa. I remember overhearing the owners say that when gay marriage was ruled constitutional they burst into tears. Like, I don't know what country they came from but I was on the verge of asking if they thought it would be better to burn gay people alive.

That's bigoted

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

phasmid posted:

I am saying there are plenty of third world shitholes that kill people for being gay (and they're not all muslim extremists either).

And there's a difference between clamming up for political gain and actively opposing gay marriage on a moral basis. Short answer: No, I don't think everyone against gay marriage has murder on the mind. But it seems to be pretty prevalent in squalid regions and places where they can put you on trial for sorcery and what-have-you.

Why do you assume they were from a squalid third world shithole

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's probably a good rule of thumb that institutions that deal with matters of life and death shouldn't be privatized and given a for-profit motive. Things like health care, fire departments, the police, armies...

YouTube, Twitter

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
How is it that nobody has the necessary sway to have a private aside with Hillary and tell her she's had her chances but now it's someone else's turn.

Why do the corporate donors leading the party continue to throw good money after bad?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

RaySmuckles posted:

one of the reasons i don't support hillary running in 2020 is because trump is most likely not going to reverse everyone's opinion of himself by then. any signature legislation will most likely hurt his constituents so he's sort of stuck in a corner where he needs to do something to remain popular and relevant but all the things he wants to do suck

so hillary would most likely actually win if she ran

and the absolute last thing i want is any sort of vindication or legitimization of her and her bullshit style of politics

This is my fear too

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's probably because everyone in the Democratic party is afraid of her. Cross her and she'll have your career ruined, or worse.

Bill tried to talk some sense into her, but there's just no use.

That answers my first point but not my second. Couldn't some dollars and sense billionaire dem supporter take Hillary for a ride in the car and explain that it's simply not tenable to back her third charge at the presidency? Then they could stop for pizza to soften the blow.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Blue Train posted:

Tsk. Also she is actually extremely ugly due to defective Trump genetics but got herself fixed with plastic surgery hth

Got proof? Most of trumps physical ugliness stems from being severely insecure and unhealthy and trying to cover up these faults with surface treatments.

If he'd ditch the spray tan and the baggy suits and omg that hair he'd just look like any other rich dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ajUDl7JrA

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 6, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Blue Train posted:

Here's Ivanka looking more like Tiffany or Chelsea

Can't speak for the pale toothy one but the tan one and ivanka look normal enough. That first picture though, yeesh.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Uncanny...

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

We gotta get her ready for 2020. The 1st step is to keep her in the news. Keep her relevant.

Have the fools learned nothing? They are just gonna let the public see her and hear her speak??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

kikkelivelho posted:

A number of news networks definitely tried to make the race look as close a possible despite Hillary's constant lead. The media also spent a ton of time entertaining and normalizing Trump's retarded bullshit antics. I don't agree with her being "oppressed" by the media but none of the major networks we're ever truly on her side, which makes their post election tears even more pathetic. You have no right to cry about Trump being the wrong choice when you've enabled him fomr the loving start.

Trump was the only potential candidate Hillary stood a chance against, that's why she instructed her media connections to elevate him early on.

• Locked thread