Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Really loving the hacking being called a "Russian attack on our election" or "Russian interference in our election" when its literally just publishing unaltered emails. If they'd been polite, non-shady politicians the russians wouldnt have anything but "here are our fundraising metrics" and "here is our schedule" to leak in the first place! ON TOP OF THAT: This was a candidate at the time reeling from accusations of being lax with cybersecurity. How did they not have the fort knox of IT staff, locking down everything tight so nothing could get out after a year of "you dont protect your emails well enough".

To this day im glad she's not president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Hotter take than most: H.Clinton had no experience as an executive in government and in fact, very little public service experience at all. (A total of 12 years, 1/3rd of which was unelected)

loving the governor/president doesnt count as a public position, and considering Slick Willys affinity for the interns, im not even sure she was still doing that one job. We probably could have had single payer health care in the 90s if she had just sucked his dick on the reg.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This video might get old someday, but not yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaaEYC4RDUQ&t=19s

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Gammatron 64 posted:

I seriously don't get why the Jews get so much hate. I have a lot of Jewish friends and family and they're usually pretty cool.

Spitballing? I suppose its because in general its a multi-thousand year old fairly insular community so there is lots of neopotism involved (really a community helping itself). Also for a long time it was literally illegal for christians to charge each other interest so the banks were literally all controlled by jewish people. Who do people hate more than the landlord/tax collector?

My friend told me he literally got a high paying job at apple because he was jewish and another jewish person wanted to give the job to another jewish person.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Guys, gals (and pick) are we done arguing about pinochet? Can we go back to dunking on hillary yet?

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Universe Master posted:

Hillary's team was right to ignore Bill, I mean what does he
know about being elected president.

Of course not, he's the enemy: democrats will never nominate another white heterosexual president again :toxx:

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Remember how Diamond Joe was a really genuine, likeable and human guy despite his flaws and how he'd have walked all over Donald Trump (or Jeb! for that matter) and been a good president?

Cant have that, because of white male.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs posted:

can someone please trick this bitch into saying her name backwards so she evaporates in a puff of brimstone and goes back to whichever seething abyss spawned her

'Y'rallih Mahdor'. It even sounds like the name of a lizard person infiltrator.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

They've got to make anyone who's not on their team a caricature of evil and/or stupidity.

It's one of the reasons people these days can't even talk to others anymore. "Oh!?! You've got one tiny difference of opinion on an social issue!?! Un-friended!!!!"

Its worse than that actually. Newspapers now have whole staffs of people who find offensive poo poo, call up buisiness partners and higher ups and say "We're printing this story which is basically slander tomarrow, care to comment slash fire the person"? Watergate broke journalism, journalists no longer even pretend to report the facts, they are ***watchdogs*** out to improve society. Make america better, spend a quarter or two at the newspaper machine, take them all out, and whip them in the trash.

Do you notice how nobody says "Its a free country" anymore?

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god i forgot about ken bone!

What was the complaint against him? He thought pregnant women were hot or something? Seems like he's also be condemned if he said "Man i just cant get it up around pregnant women, they dont look good". He was condemned ahead of time for the crime of being neither black, nor gay. :rip:

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think Trump is some kind of idiot savant, because he has the uncanny ability to make his opponents look like complete fools, all the while not remembering the name of the country he's bombing or appointing a guy who didn't realize what the Holocaust was.

It's the most retarded thing ever, because you know, the whole entire point of a campaign is to try and convince people to want to vote for you.

The Hillary campaign didn't do that. All it really said was "Donald Trump is a bad man" and while that is in fact true, it doesn't make people want to vote for you. What actually happened is nobody showed up to the polls at all because both Trump and Hilldawg are lovely as gently caress.

It should be painfully obvious to everyone, but Donald Trump is in office in a large part due to the DNC's utter ineptitude.

Not only that, but the shock ascendency of one B.Obama, who was also supposed to lose to hillary, really destroyed the whole democratic farm team. All the 1980s-2000s heavy hitters during the Clinton and early Bush era were too old to continue (think ted kennedy) and really the only plan going forward was for the clintons to have 2008-2015 in office to groom a bunch more lovely lackeys to take the party forward. When she lost to "The islamic shock" they all seemed to scatter to the 4 winds and get jobs on wall street or NBC.

fruit on the bottom posted:

I suppose you could just not comment on the sexuality of pregnant women? That seems to work out for me.

The man can want to gently caress who he wants who isnt a child or invalid. loving during pregnancy is actually healthy and helpful as gently caress. You'll understand someday when you lose your v-card. Homeboy is literally taking a nontraditional view of the western beauty aesthetic. That used to be crack to lefties before they started worshipping on the altar of LGBTQI

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 21, 2017

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The Human Crouton posted:

"Power Women of NY" issue. I'm so sick of New York City crawling up its own rear end and trying to get the rest of the country to envy them for it. Just enjoy your amazingly satisfying NYC life, and leave the rest of us alone.

I went to NYC once. Everything was under construction and overpriced. Not sure what the appeal is.

Still better than anywhere in southern or bay area california.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Kainser posted:

Ivanka Trump vs. Chelsea Clinton in 2024 is going to be great.

I think you mean

Election 2036
Chelsea Clinton [D] vs George P Bush [R]

:suicide:

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Nothing says "good driving experience" like new york city.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
That ship has sailed for almost 100 years now. There is almost no real antifederalist movement and the president is seen as the one real leader of the country. Crushing segregation in the 50s and 60s by invading arkansas really was the decisive power grab for the federal executive from which we're not likely to recover. Might as well accept it and pick a bitchin' empire name.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Really, legal weed would be a better comparison. Its always fun to talk about desegregation with someone who is really gung-ho about states legalizing weed and thinks the federal government should stay out of it.

(In a purely thought experiment government policy dork kind of way, i don't want to claim i personally draw an actual moral equivalence between the two)

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

There are people in cities who live completely empty and powerless lives and thus feel a need to carry around a weapon for the false sense of self importance.

I've got guns but im not a gun nut, i just intend to kill people someday.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I think the state department requested additional security for middle eastern embassies and the senate and house republicans denied that budget :lol:

Also the only real forces beyond "half a dozen CIA dudes down the street" were i suppose fighter jets and helicopters in italy, who could have.... bombed an assembled crowd of people? Seems like a bad call.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

So what is the deal with the cult of personality around Joe "Creepy uncle" Biden? Sure, he's not Hillary but I don't see the greatness other than he has kept going even though he has been through some pretty big tragedies. Was it that people read all those quite funny onion articles about him and started taking that poo poo seriously?

He has a long history of public service, doesnt seem to be hiding his true personality or intentions for political points and is a white man.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god its so bad and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zaqvc-0XDMM

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 28, 2017

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Did you read that long-quote meltdown on the last page?

It was basically MEEEEEENNNNN :argh:

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I really have to repost this for the new page because its just so, so good. I want to print it out and hang it on my wall. Its better than freeper tears:

quote:

Enough. I’ve had enough. Enough of your whiny laments about Hillary Clinton. You thought you knew Hillary when the primary campaign began. You knew the sound of her voice and her laughter and you made up your mind that those things bothered you. You thought the way she smiled — or when she chose not to — told you a lot about her, but your sneers told us more about you. You decided that a lifetime devoted to politics had ruined Hillary, even when the only alternatives on the ballot were a man mired in politics for 30 years who never got anything done and a man who knew nothing about anything who spent a lifetime devoted to fraud.
Either you never knew or you never cared that Hillary polled higher than everyone else when the race began (yes, even higher than Bernie Sanders) but you sure loved to crow when a systematic take-down caused her popularity to dip. As soon as the media saw that picking Hillary apart got more viewers than lifting her up, we got an earful — from men our age, men older than us, men younger than us — eager to lecture us constantly about Hillary Clinton, didn’t we? And it’s still going on. It’s the lecture that never ends. It spreads like a virus, sexually transmitted from dudebro to dudebro, so by now every manchild out there with a gripe against Hillary has added his voice to the giant monster that ate this election.
Men like these hate women like Hillary especially when those women attain positions of power. These men all say, “Oh, I’d vote for Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris.” Sure, pal. Sure you would. Let’s see what happens once they become actual threats. Right now you like them because you can frame them as plucky Frank Capra heroines but just wait until they actually start wielding real power and begin winning votes, or worse, “robbing” votes from your iconic male idols.
Now a new book Shattered has rushed to publication, attempting to vindicate perpetual crybabies like Bill Maher and others with 320 pages of breathless anecdotes about how Hillary screwed this thing up. TV personalities who make millions riling up crowds need easy explanations for their wisecracks and sound-bites because what if the real reason reveals something deeper and darker about the American identity?
Who wants to hear that? What if people cackling in bed at Fallon and Colbert were told the truth: that Trump won because too many immature simpletons couldn’t feel cozy toward Hillary when she failed turn on the charm? What if one of the real reasons Democrats lost is because too many men don’t think a women has any value after she’s no longer sufficiently fuckable? What if it really was that several million voters were stupid enough to fall for the endless campaign waged against Hillary for the past 30 years? What then? The same male drones whose impulses are ruled by their reptilian brain stems instead of logic and reason were so intimidated by a woman in power that they voted for the dumbest, most vindictive, and criminally self-serving egomaniac in American presidential history. That sad fact is far too hard to swallow for viewers of late-night talk shows, so all the glib hosts go in for the easier, more palatable kill: “Hillary sure hosed it up!” — hoping we forget that their relentless mockery helped destroy her chances.

But enough is enough. We’re sick of seeing men shrug off the part they played in this debacle and try to lay the blame on the woman they savaged. The more asinine people like Bill Maher criticize Hillary Clinton the more of us will rise up to defend her. You see how that works? Yeah, and Chelsea too. Totally Chelsea. We’re going to be all over Chelsea hashtags on Twitter, posting positive stories about her, hoping she runs for office just to watch the caterwauling white dudebros lose their poo poo.
Despite the near impossibility of electing two Democratic presidents in succession when the previous one leaves office (last time it happened? 1856) it did look like possibly the first woman might get elected and boy did that simple fact upset people. We weren’t even allowed to be excited about it. Not even allowed to talk about it because it meant we were VOTING WITH OUR VAGINAS! How do you beat the first woman? Well you have to divide the women. And divide they did — on the right and the left.
Hillary knew she’d be getting it from the right worse than anyone has ever gotten it. But she couldn’t have planned for the left’s body blow. That she didn’t see coming. Even Obama’s campaign in 2008 wasn’t near the brutal enmity she faced from Team Bernie. And of course, after her defeat eight years ago, she graciously stepped aside and worked as hard as humanly possible to bring her most ardent supporters over to Obama. In stark contrast, Bernie had to be put in a time-out up in the rafters at the convention in Philly, slumped in his seat with a pissed look on his face, pouting and egging on his malicious little monsters down below who did nothing but chant as viciously and stupidly as the Trump supporters. That is what happens when men have to lose to women. Now we know.
Why do we who still stand with Hillary like her so much? Because, despite the fabricated branding she got about dishonesty, Hillary did not lie to us. Laugh all you want but one of the reasons Hillary was always so careful and measured in what she said was the elegant prudence acquired from a lifetime of getting poo poo any time she misspoke. She learned never to write a check she couldn’t cash.
But no one wanted to hear that. They needed someone like Trump to be what he always has been — a grandiose bullshitter. Just tell them what they want to hear, make them believe in something and you’ll win. It doesn’t matter what it is, or how realistic it is. And it doesn’t matter if they hate you a year later, as the emo-progs did with Obama — just so long as you promise them poo poo. Lots and lots of free poo poo! Immigration poo poo. Jobs poo poo. Free college poo poo. Some of it is doable in like 20 years, some of it isn’t. But the run for president in the television/internet era has become a joke. Now we know for sure it has nothing to do with experience or knowledge or how well you can actually govern. It only has to make voters FEEL something right here, right now. “Entertain me! Make me enjoy the reality show I’m watching.”
And we really got to see a show, didn’t we. Trump was the freak the media needed: half tycoon, half buffoon. Bernie was the scrappy cantankerous underdog, taking down the mighty Hillary. Oh, how the press and the public became invested in watching her fall. It got so bad that her supporters had to shrink away in secret Facebook groups, afraid to put bumper stickers on our cars or lawn signs in front of our homes — afraid for our reputations, afraid to be exiled from Coolsville, afraid because we were watching a real live witch hunt. Now we’re all tuning in to watch the embers burn. It smells rotten.
The forces that elected Obama couldn’t protect him from the opposition he faced. They didn’t try. They just let him twist in the wind, their miracle worker who couldn’t work miracles. When are we going to stop making excuses for the voters who really must step up to the plate but don’t? They don’t vote and then they whine about the choices those who voted do make.
Now the show is over. Flat balloons lie scattered in corners, there’s some kind of sticky stuff on the floor, and all we can hear — in our heartbreak, in our despair, in our loneliness — is more white men yapping. They’re yapping on the left, they’re yapping on the right . Yap yap yap, as they did for an entire year.

All the journalists who very badly bungled their coverage of the election by chasing after salacious clickbait to keep their outlets alive in a time of intense competition, are now seeking to relieve themselves of the burden of guilt of having failed the American people. The book Shattered has quickly become their New Testament: see, it’s right there in chapter 3, verses 10–13, “And lo, though the press erred mightily in judgment, Lord knows they did nothing wrong. Because, hark! Hear the uproar unceasing from every network. Suspended like damnable turds in the firmament above were her eternal emails.” Yes, the journalists have written the first of many books to absolve themselves of their sins. “She was just a bad candidate. Her campaign was lovely. See, we were right all along. And we made lots and lots of money off of it. Witch hunts sell. Prepare for more.”
So I’m here to tell you Bernie Sanders supporters and Trump supporters and anyone else out there trying to finish the job you started on Hillary that we’re not going away. Many keep wondering why we are still defending Hillary Clinton. As poor conflicted Andrew Sullivan recently spat out, why do we “feel sorry” for her. The answer is simple: we love her. I’ll say it again — we love Hillary Clinton. Why? Because she stood up for all the things we believed were worth fighting for. Because she stood up to Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin and Bernie Sanders and the journalists and politicians who have been accusing her of all manner of corruption since the day she became Bill Clinton’s wife. And before that even.
Anyone who honestly researches Hillary will find that 90% of the accusations against her are flat out hysteria — mass hysteria. Like Goodie Proctor back in Salem-level hysteria. So why did she keep coming back, I wondered. Oh, Bill Maher and his band of brothers likely thought, “she’s just ambitious.” But it was more than that. She’s a fighter. She was never going to stop unless they found a way to stop her, and it’s our country’s greatest loss that she was stopped.
So I look at her and I see a hero. I look at her and see someone who took it and took it and took it and then took it some more. I also see someone who gave a speech on women’s rights as human rights, someone who had to swallow a lot of nonsense from arrogant pricks to try to pass universal healthcare back in the ’90s. I see a woman who got out there anyway, despite our culture’s utter rejection of how she looks, what she wears, how she laughs. Most of us just want to zip it up and shut it down, but Hillary? She spent her life defying the built-in endgame for women.
And even now, when the power has been handed over 100% to the Republicans, when our democracy is threatened, our future, the environment and all living things on it — the attacks on Hillary can’t stop. Like an unhealthy domestic partnership, the reckless cruelties just keep coming and coming and coming. Enough. We saw her humiliated, dehumanized, criticized, ripped apart, and virtually burned at the stake, while the townspeople pointed and laughed, drooling all the while for the deliciousness of the take-down.
Hillary’s movement remains strong. No, some of our core principles are not ever going to be enough to woo the white working class males or the still whipped-up Sanders supporters. But there are millions of us out there who love Hillary and admire her and feel fired up and inspired because of her. I pity the candidate who dismisses us. You will never win. You will always lose. We outnumber you by tens of millions. We are loyal Democratic men and women of all ethnicities and backgrounds, the Obama coalition and the Hillary coalition have come together and we make up the ever-reliable base of the real Democratic Party. We’re ready to work, ready to be enthusiastic and we are so very done with your blame-slinging bullshit.
They said exactly the same thing in 1972, about the Democrats being out of touch with the people, only Richard Nixon said it and he was great at manipulating the narrative. Democrats are falling for every trick in the book right now, outsmarted every step of the way by the billionaires backing Trump. Buckling under this hysteria is a perfect example of that. It’s like the scene in Jaws where Quint has been eaten by the shark, and they have to go with Hooper’s dumb idea of getting in the shark cage (“You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, shark in the water. Our shark. Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies…”)
What we’re doing now is trying to mirror Trump, to find OUR version of Trump, a populist, working-class hero. But we’ll bungle it like we did in ’72, chasing an ideology that makes the most noise but doesn’t cover enough of the bases. But go ahead and fall for it. McGovern lost every state but Massachusetts. Maybe we can aim to beat that record.

You want Hillary, and now Chelsea, to go away? We don’t. We want to continue to listen to her and all Democrats who are there day in and day out working for the people not chasing the spotlight. We value her wisdom and her experience. Shame on the media for its treatment of her. Shame on the hard left for its dismissal of her, shame on the worst of America gathered in stadiums wearing t-shirts that said “Trump that bitch,” in a room full of men and women whose right arms were itching to stiffen to Sieg Heil! Whose dubious erections wriggled slightly every time they chanted, “Lock her up, lock her up,” joining an invisible hand with the Bernie supporters who chanted “She’s a liar, she’s a liar,” as though it was decided then and there. Mob rule.

You can take the people out of Salem but you can’t take Salem out of the people.
History will treat Hillary Clinton kindly despite all of that, and in ten years’ time the only thing anyone will remember about this election was that it took a village — with torches and pitchforks — to bring down Hillary Clinton, the first woman who should have been president

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 28, 2017

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jonas Albrecht posted:

She's so loving angry in the comments.

Shes simultaneously saying "Enough is enough of these MEN BROS talking about hillary, STOP IT" and "We cant wait for chelsea to run to hear more of the OLD DICKLESS WHITE MEN whining about it, bring it on"

pretty much: "Shut up and also i cant wait to argue with you more" Which one is it?

Really this post election season is even better than the post-Mccain/Palin one. I want a sequel to the fantastic mini-documentatry "Right wing america feeling wronged" based on hillary supporters.

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 28, 2017

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

rezatahs posted:

angry women are irrational and when you try to use logic against them they just get angrier and more irrational :biotruths:

Now if the republicans dunk on them in 2018 and can start having constitutional conventions to ban everything they hold dear and LA or Sanfran gets nuked by koreans, i'll basically never stop ejaculating. :gizz:

Put that in your "You've won the battle but you wont win the war" and smoke it.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Also on her "Hillary gracefully lost and supported obama" point:

somewhere between 10 and 12 percent of Hillary supporters went Mccain (sources are inconsistant and might reflect some pre-election polling). Berniebros went for Trump 8%. Also, the earliest version of the idea that Barack Obama was foriegn and not-quite-american came from senior members of the hillary campaign.

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 28, 2017

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Biden would've won.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If Hillary runs again and there's even a whiff of collusion from the DNC, Trump will win regardless of which Democrat makes it to the general.

"Post the map" :smugbert:

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Gammatron 64 posted:

I kinda feel like the best way to go is to just make laws that are not specific to any group of people and apply to everyone regardless of said group whenever possible. You're not going to end racism through legislation. Making something law isn't going to change hearts and minds.

Now obviously, there are some exceptions to laws about specific groups, like maternal leave.

Stuff like Affirmative Action I'm a little unsure about. Yes, it's good to get people from historically disadvantaged groups into better positions. And the people hiring them might very well discriminate against them. But, by making it law, you give particular groups preferential treatment and that will often cause resentment when someone else who worked just as hard didn't get the job. Is Affirmative Action helping fight racism, or is it making racism worse? I don't know.

I fully believe in equality and that all Americans should have equal rights. But, when you try to force equality by gunpoint, is it really equality at all?

Legislated equality of outcome (instead of opportunity) is singlehandedly responsible for the rise of lovely people in the last few years. Antifa, ~~~Gender Studies~~~ and Feminism are now the very definition of the establishment.

20 years ago Racism and Misogyny were old fashioned, something you mocked grandma for at dinner. Now that you're fighting (how ironic is this:) "the man" its a cool underground counterculture with flags and symbols that young people want to be a part of. And judging by how these movements change overtime, i expect their numbers to only grow in the future. Left-leaning people in america have held this fantasy for a while that regressive types are dying off and the future is bright blue, forgetting that a new 30 year old is born every year, and that yesterdays "the pill"-popping feminist hippie is tomarrows racist grandma. The only way we get back on track is if the left drops "Erode the social and political power of privileged people" as a core tenant of the democratic party. "A rising tide lifts all boats" is a winning strategy. "We need to put a hole in the white boat" is not.

Until then:

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 3, 2017

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

I like how both of the "external" factors (Comey whining about emails, assange dropping dank leaks about primary shennanigans like passing her debate questions) actually involve details about her bad behavior being UNFAIRLY revealed.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

The post-millennials being right-wing is hosed up as hell

I told you man, its the new counterculture. Same sex marrage and trans acceptance and poo poo has broken civilization. Just in time for global warming.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

"I just can't live in this brave new world where men are kissing on other men! I embrace the abyss!"

- Children, apparently.

This, but unironically. I honestly think there is going to be a civil war over this petty poo poo.

spacetoaster posted:

I've heard this before, but is that really it? Studies have shown that kids grow up to hold their parents beliefs/ideologies pretty much across the board.

It's probably that liberals are aborting all their kids and conservatives are having litters that's changing everything. :colbert:

People are often very liberal in youth and a certain percentage later rethink these beliefs, in fact converts (in religion and politics) are often the most radical. There is a lot of truth to the old "If you're not liberal by 20 you have no heart, and if you're not conservative by 30 you have no brain" phrase, if only to demonstrate how common this political flip-flop is. But an unusual amount of young people compared to 10 or 20 years ago are embracing nativism and patriarchy. Like someone said earlier in the thread "Jump into a game of counter-strike and see"

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Just watched the hillary interview from the other day, and at one point she pretty much says "Donald Trump had a secret conversation recorded and exposed to the world, but only a few days later my secret conversations were recorded and exposed to the world! Injustice!".

She must have hosed like a demon in the 70s to pick up a husband, because she's dumb as a box of rocks. How can you be so un-self-aware?

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Sarah Palin just waiting in the wings to be anointed the rival Yass Queen

in 2024, a 77 year old hillary clinton runs again, and we get back to back Trump and Palin :smugdon:

Take that egalitarian secular humanist society, enjoy your ruined country.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

(Not pictured, first lady Huma Abedin, after hillary finally leaves bill in order to seek the Millenial LGBT vote)

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

Holy poo poo, yes. They fully internalize the talking points (that you can't take seriously) about 'most qualified candidate ever' and 'sexist/racist berniebros' and '(All) Populism == Trumpism'

dont forget "Abandon stupid identity politics? WE ARE NOT THROWING BROWNS AND GAYS AND WOMEN UNDER THE BUS" :mad:

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 5, 2017

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Nuclearmonkee posted:

B-b-but the Russians hacked us and leaked it, those dastardly Russians! Please ignore that the material leaked is real and proves that we are completely irredeemable shitlords. Russians!

Maddow: :siren: "The attack on our election" :siren:

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

I always thought it was funny the arrow pointed right, it was like some sort of subtle parody of the democratic party but actually for real

Fun and not obscure at all fact: Hillary got her political start working for noted racist Barry Goldwater, until Bill clinton hosed the racism right out of her with his magic dick. So much for being a strong feminist with conviction :rolleyes: She went full liberal to impress her new boyfriend and never went back.

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 6, 2017

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

basic hitler posted:

in the old original GBS bernie threads this was a running source of mockery because of course she's just a modern goldwater republican. All the evidence is there. It takes a liberal mind to ignore the obviousness of it.

But you forgot that IVE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE TO VOTE FOR A WOMAN PRESIDENT *cries* (something someone actually responded to me when shown this image)

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Obama is another case of "Take a premise and work backwards" in liberal thinking on the internet. Hes a national hero because he isnt a white dude, so he must be the best ever president. So any mention of bailing out corporations, a very late support of civil rights for gays (something like 2010-2011) and the worst foreign policy since george w bush (pulling out of iraq was a loving stupid idea, at least Trump has the good sense to go back on his campaign promises) is just more toxic masculinity racism rape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

dsriggs posted:

Jeez, that's a big call to make! Out of all the people who've been President since W, Obama was the worst when he left office? Wow.

:thejoke:

• Locked thread