Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

phasmid posted:

The CIA said they did, tho? Those guys know a lot, dude. They even started the Vietnam war and told everyone they didn't for like forty years.

Hey if any group is an expert at rigging elections, it's the CIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

phasmid posted:

I just like making GBS threads on her because a bunch of people come out of the woodwork to wipe the poo poo off her and pretend they don't smell anything.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

...and the pitch! posted:

Hollywood should remake Born in East L.A. and then finally collapse in on itself.

We need a new HUAC except all it does is root out pedophiles

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also Bernie Sanders is Jewish so calling him a Nazi is even dumber and shittier than usual. And the first non-Christian president would be even more progressive than the first woman one, even though a lot of dopes think Obama was a secret Muslim.

However that accomplishment also applied to the other candidates too, because Hillary Clinton worships Satan and Trump worships himself.

If you hang with the finance set in NYC, they already call Trump the first Jewish president

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Jose Oquendo posted:

I checked out of BSS a looooong time ago. There was this cabal of like 6 or 7 posters including the mod who would talk about other posters in IRC. They'd complain about wrongthink, dig up other 'dirt' on the poster, and have the mod probate them or push bans through.

Lol if you think the rest of the forums don't run this way

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Raider posted:

id go so far as say gbs is the only forum that doesnt. and even if it does, nobody gives a poo poo

It definitely used to, and probably still does

Lol remember when insane assholr Windows 98 got made mod because he talked a lot on the right irc

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Yug posted:

She sounds way more unhinged and disconnected from reality here than Trump ever has. Holy poo poo am I glad she didn't win.

She not only dresses like but also acts like the evil dictator from a dystopian YA novel

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Kiryen posted:

San Francsico could get vaporized and it would still be "meaningless war" wouldn't it?

Whoever does that will be doing the US a favor

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pick posted:

Haha yeesh. I was just playing around with this thread (as usual). Interesting to know what people think, though. Have fun.

spacetoaster posted:

HA AH HA!! Noobs. You've all been PUPPETMASTERED.

Pathetic

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pick posted:

Well pretty much, I was Hillary from the start and still am. I still think her campaign was run by morons but I think she'd have done fine by the issues I care about and I wish she were president instead of Trump who is a legitimate danger to our democracy.

I am glad Trump won

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VikingSkull posted:

one of these is involved in a proxy war against the US while supporting terrorist organizations and one is not

North Korea has like zero regional ambitions, too. They aren't spreading influence or anything, they just sit there and occasionally do some token military attacks to remind people that the war technically never ended.

Iran is politically very active in local politics and are locked in their weird sectarian death struggle with the Saudis (and Israel)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Honky Dong Country posted:

I agree but I worry less about Iran's leadership, as opposed to N.Korea's insane dictator just up and popping a nuke off because they feel threatened by a military exercise or something. I'm more speaking strictly to the idea of N. Korea having nukes which is what's got the current poo poo stirred up so bad recently.

Reminder that Israel successfully mad dogged the mad dog and successfully threatened Nixon with the Samson Option when it looked like they might lose the Yom Kippur War. Yet we're totally OK with them having nukes (because now they already have them)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Raider posted:

i completely trust israel with nukes, basically from the belief that they're a total US protectorate. I guarantee they've had nukes for years before it was public

E. israel is Puerto Rico v. 2 in essence if not reality

That's how they became a protectorate, actually. They threatened to nuke the USSR and European capitals if the US didn't bail them out, and eventually we gave up and gave them whatever they wanted

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Raider posted:

drat. source? gimme some wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

What would serve the Jew-hating world better in repayment for thousands of years of massacres but a Nuclear Winter. Or invite all those tut-tutting European statesmen and peace activists to join us in the ovens? For the first time in history, a people facing extermination while the world either cackles or looks away—unlike the Armenians, Tibetans, World War II European Jews or Rwandans—have the power to destroy the world. The ultimate justice?

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 20, 2017

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Honky Dong Country posted:

I'm not saying random. I'm saying whatever happens in the future with N.Korea I'd rather it not happen with them having nukes. That's all.

Honestly, once they get nukes, the whole situation would probably start to calm down.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

RaySmuckles posted:

everyone said the same thing about Pakistan, and they've got much more reason to use them (against india) and have been behaving in a way that would escalate tension AND have a disputed territory that violence breaks out over frequently

but no one seems to care about that situation at all

Everyone is extremely worried and mad when a country is close to getting nukes. Then they get them and suddenly everyone is acting all nice and poo poo even though the country is the same despotic shithole it was before. Wow, I wonder why every dictator wants these things

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pick posted:

Well that's the thing, capitalistic forces have gotten way too good at promoting themselves to the detriment of all opposing forces. Family, friends, religion, nature... anything that brings security instead of "stuff" must go.

Correct. And, ironically, the social liberalizing forces like both liberals and libertarians are "useful idiots" in this regard when they are prodded into attacking traditional systems of value, which must be cleared away so that the absolute rule of money power can be created.

This why weird stuff like legalizing prostitution is on the agenda. Because for money power to be absolute, all human relationships must be commoditized. No love, only sex work and companion work. No family, only child care work and home aides. No ethnicity, no race, no religion to get in the way. Everything can be bought with money by those with money.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dog Jones posted:

Im loving laugghing my rear end off and getting insanely pumped up, imaginging myself as the commander and chief and directing the strike of over 700 tomahawk cruise missiles, americasn future soldier warriors using lasers to guide the rockets in with unbelievable precision, bomb aafter bomb smashing into and destroying all of Pick's posts. Im pacing around the computer room and breathing hard and picturing the explosions engulf each one of Pick's stupid goddamn words. Fuckin g BLOW BLOW BLOW BAM BAM BLADOWWWW

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

COMRADES posted:

Because they realize it doesn't actually help them except as a crutch and it's all fake anyway because if there is a god no humans on Earth understand who or what it is.

Also because church used to be the cornerstone of the community but nowadays that function has been largely replaced by numerous other things so there's no real impetus to go if you are a non-believer, whereas they used to anyway for the societal/community aspect (and to not be ostracized).

Actually the function hasn't been fully replaced by anything at all. There's just less community period. The closest things are gross empty mockeries of community like a community of being obsessed with Harry Potter or whatever.

Old-fashioned communal groups like blue collar bowling leagues and fraternal orders were once a real part of everyday life, though now they're mostly just a weird historical artifact encountered in cartoons.

And the average American is forced to move every 4ish years for work. So they lose touch with their neighbors and family, and are too overworked to make new connections. They become atomized people. The rise of the national brands dovetails with the increasing mobility of American workers, since they are thrown into mew areas without much local knowledge.

Obviously this is all disastrous for political organization and action.

This is how you end up with alienated miserable people who eventually snap and start shooting people.

Imo it's also why immigrants tend to outperform native-boen American - having an identity and community helps them succeed and be less miserable. It sucks being a minority sometimes and having to put up with being second-class, but at the same time I'm glad I wasn't born white.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

what should we do?

No idea, I was born into my community and have few real alternatives where I won't have to give up a lot of stuff because I am physically different.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Orkin Mang posted:

very tall? obese? clinically ugly in the face? or is it a stink u have

I mean i don't pass as white

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

spacetoaster posted:

Well poo poo.

I mean, nobody is talking about the dumb book anymore.

I'm eager for any more juicy snippets from our would-be lizard queen

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
What i would give for video of her back in her war room that night

I bet would replace that Downfall clip for meme edits

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

CassandraZara posted:

writes "make babies more tolerant" on whiteboard, circles it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

My friend told me he literally got a high paying job at apple because he was jewish and another jewish person wanted to give the job to another jewish person.

You're not allowed to say this

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Landstander posted:

This post reminded me of this:

Lol "slush funds mysteriously sent to most corrupt city and state in the nation, respectively"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Landstander posted:

What was the phrase "America is great because America is good" intended to imply? I've never even understood what they were going for with that.

America is great because America is morally good

Loll

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JB50 posted:

Hillary drinks all the time WTF is that article going on about.

Pictured: Hilldawg NOT drinking.

I think the nice quiet person is referring to Huma not Hillary

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

spacetoaster posted:

People say Trump is some kind of buffoon, or stupid. But holy poo poo he's got a quick wit.

People, that I know personally, with wit like that aren't stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewUFFzQrARs

He is an egotistical jerk and a huge rear end in a top hat but, unfortunately, he seems quite intelligent.

Him effortlessly dunking on every Republican candidate was great to watch

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Grumpo posted:

Beep boop Hillbot is programmed to receive votes and deflect criticism. Ignore successful husband engaged.

:mitt:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Trump isn't outright stupid but he's obviously incredibly lazy and easily influenced by whoever talked to him last. He's like a kid who coasted through high school and thinks he can get through college by reading the Cliffs Notes for every book and talking loudly in the discussions.

Except the Cliffs Notes here are Fox News and Breitbart and poo poo.

You absolutely can get through college like that, though? In fact I'm pretty sure that's how most people do college these days

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Monkey Fracas posted:

uggggghhh gently caress you HIllary

I'm not gonna try to find that video where her staff did that mannequin challenge thing on her plane during the campaign but just thinking about it is gonna piss me off for years

They forgot to tell her to stop and she did the whole campaign in mannequin mode

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

big nipples big life posted:

A big neon flashing sign saying "I'm really not a soulless lizard being" would have been equally effective at making people believe she isn't a soulless lizard being.

"Are you calling the sign a liar? You're an insane conspiracy theorist sexist racist!"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

how the gently caress is Clinton going to run against anyone on any of these things

Yeah her theatrical browbeating of her subordinates was pretty bad even by crazed prima donna standards

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Accretionist posted:

We need a pro-government narrative.

I'll rip off a monologue from something I watched ages ago:

I am not a politician by trade. I am a bureaucrat. But I do know this: If the water comes out when I turn on the tap, it doesn't happen magically. Or if there's gasoline when I turn on the pump. For the world to function, a thousand things have to go right every minute. And they have to go right quietly. That's why you have government, to make sure that these things happen quietly. So that we can have our society.

People don't want a small government, they want an invisible government

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Accretionist posted:

I will never understand her personality cult.

Matching dystopic sci-fi uniforms

Wtf

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

bonerjam posted:

wait so being pro-choice is part and parcel of feminism?
you can't be a pro-life feminist?

maybe i'm overthinking this since if that's a real quote she has to be trolling the world at large.

I assume she is being paid for it

Not that this makes it any less shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Streak posted:

Trump is an out of touch rich piece of poo poo, unlike me, Hillary Clinton

GUM

• Locked thread