Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The only DCI number worth having is 42069.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Serperoth posted:

How about 69420? Or even just 420 by itself?

EDIT: Also, 80085

Oh right 80085 is also good. 42069 is obviously more powerful than 420, and the 420 should happen before the 69. Er I mean it sounds better.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:lol: of course Jace is the pro sex-haver in the MTG background.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ban phones and the internet from that con so we don't get to see the set contents and the likely presence of bronies.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Count Bleck posted:

I just want it to have reserved list cards so I can watch the "investors" shriek their heads off on reddit.

Nah dude see they do it for the love of the game

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

BJPaskoff posted:

Here it is. :lol: at them not celebrating the 20th anniversary because it would "scare new players away".
I want to imagine it's some grognards higher-up that said no but there was mark rose water with his goblin voice trying to convince them otherwise.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Listerine Hangover posted:

While I was waiting for the bathroom before the tournament, someone behind me said they had a glock in their pocket. He was a weird aspie demon that stared at me before I switched tables. I was legit concerned about getting shot up tonight. Man

Didn't report it? Or is this one of those states that are very liberal with guns? We had a guy get kicked out and banned from an LGS once because they were open carrying a gun. It's legal in that state but :lol: at feeling you need to bring a gun to a children's card game.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Miracles was my primary deck for years but I haven't played it for about a year now after the shops that did legacy FNM stopped running it. And I'd rather not play with the legacy grognards at the other shop that has weekly legacy events. :shrug: I have stoneblade and ANT if I cared enough to play legacy again.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ANT is cool and good, not seeing the problem here.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Walked posted:

Ultra Pro Eclipse Matte are great. KMC sadly suck now.

How do they perform compared to the dragon shield mattes? I need to place another order from potomac dist anyway. Millenium blades was on sale and it's like a permanent cube game.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sickening posted:

If you don't double sleeve, arguing over which is better is pointless. Its basically depending on if you like or dislike the black background in the sleeve. Shuffle and durability are almost the same.

So I double sleeve, which one is better?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

mandatory lesbian posted:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/promised-end-2016-07-27

its near the end, emrakul and jace have a nice little chat the wanting to gently caress her thing is a bit of a joke sorry to have to pull back the curtain

:wtc: I have less respect for Jace as a fictional character now. Who the hell wouldn't want to gently caress a tentacled cosmic horror? :stare:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

YggdrasilTM posted:

And so now the combo is banned.
Will Magic players stop to complain? I'm pretty sure they will not!

WOTC could also stand to gain support by supporting the people who play eternal formats only. I mean, that's more or less an LCG model. But apparently there aren't those of us who do that, even though I remember a substantial number of fellow college kids moving to that after standard was a garbage fire for consecutive years. :shrug:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The best part about Innistrad block was being able to trade Swagtu$ks for Liliannas straight up. They were just that good.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Attorney at Funk posted:

INN-RTR owned because it had Esper Sphinx's Rev decks with Nephalia Drownyard as a win condition.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The one sideboard instant that allowed you to swap graveyard amounts with your opponents was also really good.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Mana burn was a gotcha mechanic that really didn't add anything to the game. The only design space was used with that one card that gave you mana during each upkeep.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

TheAsterite posted:

Speaking of which, what's a good jeweler's loupe for magic cards? I don't want some cheap $5 one, just something that'll last a while.

Those ARE the good ones. Have had mine for 6-7 years now and keep it in the front pocket of the hobby backpack with everything else.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Given how the last wacky deck builder in this forsaken game was a nazi sympathizer, I don't know if I can trust another one.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I am incredibly upset about one person posting his Magic: The Gathering related writing in this thread; let's go back to speculating on the marital lives of people who play Magic.

:same: KCW could you write up an intriguing article about the secret lives of magic personalities? As much as I publicly deride him, I kinda want to know how many reenactments TWoo attends since he's obviously not playing magic on the weekends.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Is it possible to make another competitive deck that's like four horsemen with whatever new card you guys are talking about? Statistically will win sometime before the heat death of the universe, but you just don't know when.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

odiv posted:

Speaking of MTGO, it's looking pretty slick these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BHDaK2ZmYM

Having to pay to enter drafts with prizes against pro players is such a scam. Why don't they sell a season pass like every other game with DLC? I'll just play magic duels for free instead

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Does anyone remember the name of the Magic pro documentary made a year or so ago?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

JerryLee posted:

Cincinnatus legendary creature looking good, Roman Republic block confirmed

Can't wait to see voting and monarch wreak havoc in non-multiplayer sets. :getin:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

So this is pretty widespread? I think I'll stick to MTGO for a while until I get better caught up on all the new rules and mechanics.

You'll get the typical reply of "depends on your local community" but yes this is very much widespread. Lots of dumb nerds try to play all sorts of gotcha games. The famous one was ~6 years ago when someone who can't read body language claimed that "staring" at your opponent automatically passes priority.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Star Man posted:

Nothing will ever top someone casting Esper Charm and saying: "targeting myself."

Did they try to gotcha their opponent while doing so? If they did that definitely is the best self-own.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sickening posted:

Lets put it this way, every store has at least one and it doesn't get better when bigger prizes are at stake. The better opponents, the better the angle shooting gets.

Owen Turtenwald for example got paired up against a few people I know at GP san antonio. They sit down and immediately owen yells "Judge". What was the reason for this judge call? Well, this...

Owen notices his opponent had this type of deckbox. Because a deckbox like this can hold two decks, he is concerned his opponent has more than his 75 in the box. Of course owen isn't really worried that this is going on but is hoping this is going on so he can get a free win. Just one of many silly angles you play because its free ev to do so.

I believe that the rules don't even allow this to happen this way anymore thank goodness.

I hope that Owen opened the other side and it turns out it was a jack in the box mox that punches him in the face.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Huh looks like he changed his tune, my bad.

Anyways, remember when magic was cool and not lame superhero league knockoffs with boring one dimensional characters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwIPwi_FSVc

This was NOT the advertised Hollywood magic video with babes and muscle guys.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah, there's clearly a good intent for the rule. The problem and funny thing that was called out were pros who deliberately wanted to abuse the rule to get free wins.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Lottery of Babylon posted:

It's interesting which rules come with which default assumptions about intent. Show up to a multi-format tournament with two decks with different-colored sleeves, but didn't read the fine print about approved storage methods? Definitely intent to cheat there, game loss. Forgetting negative triggers, casting cards when you don't have quite the right colors available, letting your own permanents survive wrath effects, and otherwise playing sloppily with the rules in ways that somehow by sheer chance are always strictly beneficial to you? Just an honest mistake every single time, no penalty.

The "proving malice" line of questioning intent was always pretty wonky. The x-wing community is rightly up in arms because some cheater only got a game loss for cheating on camera at the highest level of play this past weekend while the same infraction happening elsewhere got 5-year or permanent bans.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hellsau posted:

I don't even know why they banned Alex Bertoncini. If his opponents didn't want to get cheated, they should have paid more attention. It's their responsibility since, after all, it's their game.

Simple solution: play your opponent's deck.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ShaneB posted:

There are SO MANY ads.

Are they still running the weeping pros ad?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

This owns. There's going to be a disco party, right?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Concealed Courtyard is $3. (Unhinged) Swamp is $7.60. Check your facts. :smug:

APAC Japanese swamp best swamp.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So do I join the TWoo cult or do I just sign up for the bi-weekly newsletter?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Boxman posted:

This remains one of the better Mark Rosewater things, and it doesn't involve Mark Rosewater.

Holy poo poo Mark Rosewater actually has a good opinion about something. :stare:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

My favorite puzzle game is pack wars.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Death Bot posted:

I actually tilted the gently caress out at an fnm when I cast slaughter games naming Anime Jace against a friend and he was like "wait which one"

:wtc:

Count Bleck posted:

Also wrong:

That's emo Jace

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Rinkles posted:

Trick is some minor PR bumpkin, how's he relevant to Helene leaving?

Promotion time for Trick? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Star Man posted:

I'm sure you could shoot a Magic player and leave them to die and as they bleed to death on the sidewalk, their last words will be: "MaRo is killing Magic!"

Dying makes honest men of us all.