Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

its me glenda posted:

for anyone who was playing during that time, prop 3-15 was the loving worst thing ever

Dare I ask what that is and why it was so bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Sampatrick posted:

No creatures, planeswalkers, or lands

So moxen and other such things for mana with nothing but instants and sorceries? Do tokens count as creatures?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Anoited Procession and Mechanized Production... If I wanted to make some FNM level deck using those what do you guys think should be in it? Don't really have anything that would work I think unfortunately but I can get singles at the shop itself.

Was thinking either servos or clues for the artifacts I can get 8 of. I guess servos would work best so I can flood the board with tokens?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Loving my draft deck. 4 wins out of 7, 3 losses. Sometimes I win by just beating down with Trueheart Twins and Gust Walkers, other times I use the manticores to rip their life away. I only added white to what was shaping up to be a red/black deck early on since it was my first pick pack 1. Here's hoping my wins keep coming!

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Molybdenum posted:

Haakon and nameless inversion, what else?

Edit: I thought that which was taken was okagachis kid, not his own divinity. Just doesn't make sense that the biggest most important kami is smaller than a lot other kami while still being death upon being sighted (even when that which was taken hadn't been returned!) to all creatures on any plane.

I started in kamigawa block so maybe that's why this annoys me so much.

Ought to be a 12-15 drop cast trigger exile all other creatures and some bullshit I win ability and maybe a rider like "can only etb when cast from hand, not through any other effects" to stop sneak and show, reanimator, etc. shenanigans

Looking at the Wiki, That Which Was Taken was his daughter but he wanted to eat her to make her part of him again. So I guess the source of his divinity became a being in its own right after being taken out?

Nerd Stuff posted:

Though Kyodai seemed insignificant in the shadow of her "father", she had once been a part of O-Kagachi, and not just any part -- she had been its divinity, the core of its being. Now that she was separate from O-Kagachi and had a form and will of her own, she did not wish to be consumed into the essence of the Great Serpent again. She desired to keep her freedom and individuality, and to save the lives of the people who had set her free after twenty years of imprisonment. Sharing her power with Princess Michiko, she confronted her father.

Magic lore is weird.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So did anyone ever try to cram tons of clone effects into a deck with biovisionary? And if not, how many clone effects are there?

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 31, 2017

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So, was talking to my GF about potential uses for Samut. Double Season would make it so you can ult instantly, right? If so, Sorin Markov and Chandra Nalaar to win? Sorin sets them to 10 life, Chandra does 10 damage. Jace, Memory Adept and Ob Nixilis Reignited? Ob's ult makes them take damage when anyone draws, Jace makes them draw 20. Sarkhan Vol and Garruk Primal Hunter to get out a ton of 7/7 hasty wurms?

Jace Memory Adept and Tamiyo, Field Researcher to play the top 23 cards of your library and your hand for free? I kind of want to try to make a janky combo deck out of this.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 1, 2017

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So uh, wouldn't Jace trigger twice if you deal normal combat damage and first strike damage to a player? That make him look any better?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

I don't get the joke? Is a good looking card off you have explorers though.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

I'm p sure the only reason why people like Chandra is cause she's a redhead otherwise she's just discount jaya ballard

I thought it was that she was discount Jaya?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Ok, anyone have any idea why in the middle of a draft on MTGO the client crashes? Some cards showed up as black rectangles before that, scrolling was wonky, and until the draft timed out trying to open the game up just reopened that draft and crashed it. Trying to open the league details also doesn't work and just causes a crash.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

i don't understand how contraptions work

You assign them to a sprocket. When the counter is on a sprocket you can activate any contraptions on it. You start on sprocket 3 and move to the next one if you have any contraptions.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

so you can only have three contraptions on the battlefield, one per sprockets?

You can have as many as you want and assign them to any sprocket. No limit per sprocket.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I’m laughing at the insinuation they designed anything in Rivals for Legacy

They didn't design anything that somehow makes the best decks better at least? I get the feeling making the format more degenerate and lopsided might be the only "design" they try to do.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So what happens if you use Helm of the Host on a Gideon?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Can't hit enhancements because they're not physical things you can destroy with bombardment, I think. That's the flavor reason anyway.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Its oracle text is

The same 21 years later.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=740

I think the only functional errata was this when they made morph a thing.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Somehow did extremely well on MTGO, in the middle of my third or 4th run despite only paying for the first. Valduk is a god drat beast if you have any equipment and auras to go with him and with backup from some white sagas and Keldon Warcaller getting him pumped and thus harder to remove he just took over some games. Second time I ended up with a GW wide deck due to double Sissay and that was rough but worked out. Then Valduk again with similar results :P

Now I'm varying between GR and GB going wide with some ramp from Lanowar Eles and Grow from the Ashes with the nongreen parts mostly being splashes for more creatures or card draw and most wins are just Wild Onslaught kicked when I have a big board. Other high lights include in the first prerelease I made someone die to their own Chainer's Torment :P

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Anyone got advice for a deck here? First image is the pool and second is what I've been trying to some ok results. Most wins have just been off stalling with chumps for a while and eventually forcing through damage using a wide board and wild onslaught.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Was playing arena with a really bad WU deck for quests, and playing against someone in a kind of drawn out game between bad decks was a lot of fun. Got to see the Kaladesh guy who gets a +1/+1 when a creature of yours leaves the field get to 14/14 due to the number of small fries I had getting blasted away by his dino forerunner.

Sort of casual magic is great for dumb fun.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

I'm actually liking quick drafts of 2019 on Arena a lot. Seeing stuff like mono blue mill that actually beat me was surprising as hell. 1 life left for them, and I decked. White has been working for me, having enchantment removal is good here and the pegasus that gives something else flying can be a kick in the teeth.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

UR spells with Thousand Year Storm has been fun as hell on Arena. Any advice on specific spells to jam in besides stuff like shock and lightning strike? Also had Shivan Fire for removal and Radical Idea for card draw. Not many wildcards put into it yet.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

Normal brain: Play an G/x deck to complete your overlapping "cast X green or ___ spells" quest.

Galaxy Brain: Play your dumb Dimir Tempo Thief of Sanity deck and jam out enough games that you incidentally cast enough purloined green spells to satisfy your quests.

Whatever comes next: Red dinosaurs with Etali, Primal Storm.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Yes, it me, but I still haven't got my Ekundu Cyclops playmat.

Please, the real perv playmat is obviously Earthbind.

Thank god the game didn't stay that shamelessly horny.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Comedy option, deck with maniac Jace.

Edit.
With new Tamiyo I mean.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Please tell me there's a way to give all my tokens haste in Standard. I want to play some dumb finale of glory ramp deck and run someone over with enough tokens they probably can't chump them all.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Mat Cauthon posted:

Doesn't Samut give all your dudes haste? Wrong colors though.

I mean, green red hybrid works. Green for ramping up to BIG MANA was something I was thinking I'd need.

Heroic Reinforcements could work but that means even more mana when I go off.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

7 mana sorcery and 1 mana instant are about as different as you can get when it comes to combo pieces.

Sacrifice needs something else along with the captain though. Goes from 2 card to 3 card, with the 3rd likely being... Command the Dreadhorde? Something that does damage to your entire board if you have a massive board?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Radiating Lightning with 16 other creatures, Gates Ablaze with enough gates and creatures?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Clearly the best standard deck is gruul aggro, using my big boar son to slam down big fatties. Add rhythm of the wild to make that one dork make 3, put in fatties with etb or on attack effects of choice. Goreclaw in case you need to hardcast stuff.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So what's the best cmc for the momir event on Arena atm? 8 seems to hit Slinn Voda enough I'm honestly supposed when anything else pops out.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Friend of mine is hosting a limited tournament for some friends before moving and wanted suggestions on a prize for 1st place. Any suggestions not much more than $100? Wanted to keep it MTG themed.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Silhouette posted:

Matching playmat, sleeves, deck box and life counter?

Good idea.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

A less broken but still powerful Urza block removing the broken stuff and replacing it with appropriate cards sounds fun.

Edit
Yeah that was worse then I remembered. Nevermind.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 12, 2019

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Oldest to Youngest
  • Righteous Avengers
  • Zodiac Rooster
  • Graceful Antelope
  • Old Fogey
  • Boggart Arsonists

I don't get it? Is it how old the cards themselves are?

loving Plainswalk. Ok, that is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

axeil posted:

Won an M20 limited tournament last night with my friends. Apparently none of them realized risen reef with lots of elementals was good because it was wide open in the draft. I did find that it can be a risky strategy in limited. My 2nd match I was down to my last card before I won because I was drawing so much.

Its amazing when you win off someone decking themselves with risen reefs and too many elementals.